Bought/Thought 11/14/07

DoomJester

A side-kick no longer.
Reaction score
I guess we usually do these threads on Wednesday so I figured I'd go ahead and put it up. You know what to do.

Oh yeah, for me, 1 is horrible and 10 is "life-changingly good."

New Avengers 36. 6
Watch out! This book basically summarizes the entire Mighty Avengers Symbiote fight/arc. But the summary was quite interesting. If you get upset over spoilers just skip this issue as it is an in-between arcs issue. It isn't a bad issue over all-- Skrull talk is going to be par for the NA course so get used to it (though it is holding back the score). The NA finally decide to take it to the Hood (for the next arc I guess) and the final splash page made me smile. Good art, good dialogue (just wasted on the Skrull talk), the MA summary was interesting enough, but it is very spoilery. If you are reading NA no reason to skip it, other than MA spoilers.

Countdown 24 5
Not a bad issue. Mary Marvel gets more than a page so that's worth a few points. No Jimmy Olsen, or Women's Shelter story-lines. If you felt some excitement over Desaad well, that is dropped like a bad habbit here, which is a bit of a let down. The "Evil Superman" goes around killing more people from random Earths that are probably not that important IRL but it's still a brand new story line, and it could be interesting. Art was surprisingly solid. Dialogue was tight enough. If you are interested in Countdown, you may as well pick this one up. If you've really had it up to *here* with Countdown, this won't change your mind.

Titans East Special 6.5
This is a hard book to review. I really enjoyed it but I decided to ere on the side of caution and give it 6.5 rather than a 7. It is not a one shot, it absolutely leads into Titans. This holds it back from a higher score. Also, the book loses a lot of intensity because it deals with characters we just don't know enough to care about, or at least, I didn't. The dialogue was very good, not masterful, but very good. The art was amazing. Churchill was born for one thing and that was drawing womens. (Belive me I am not rating the book on the women, the 6.5 has nothing to do with it). Churchill has a good eye for action and there is a lot of it. It was fun book, but to get your money's worth out of it you're going to need to read Titans, which is a blessing and a curse. Cheesecake doesn't hurt though.

I know, I'm posting in yours now. I started mine before you but I decided to review some books before "creating the new thread." So you beat me to it. I'm posting in yours now. I'd delete this one I just don't know how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"