Bought/Thought 28/11/07

are you reading All Star Superman?

Let's put it this way...the last time I read anything new Supes-related other than this annual was back when the Doomsday Wars was still happening. Is All Star Superman a good place to start?

Let's put it this way...the last time I read anything new Supes-related other than this annual was back when the Doomsday Wars was still happening. Is All Star Superman a good place to start?

I haven't read Superman comics for a long time like some people here,but it's being called some of the best Superman comics in quite some time.

The Immortal Iron Fist #10: Again, Fraction and Brubaker rack up the intrigue and open us up for what will undoubtedly be a conflict worth following in the issues to come. I like the twists in regards to the female ninja we saw last issue, and HYDRA isn't just a write-off threat right now. I liked this issue, as I have the previous ones. I am still waiting for some dramatic conflict, though.

Yeah, I really enjoy Hydra being actually scary and threatening in this book.

It's an interesting trick of the writing in that Brubaker/Fraction are telling what in a lot of ways is a much smaller and more personal story that comics fare typically tends to be, which paradoxically allows a lot of familiar elements to come across as greater and grander than their usual portrayals.

Well, it is a great book. But what you should know is it's an out of continuity story, so if that means anything to you, now you know what you're getting into. If you want good in continuity Supes, I suggest just getting Superman, which has been deftly written by Kurt Busiek for the last year or so with Pacheco on art. (The main story has been great, the various one shots have been hit or miss.) But overall it's been good. Another thing you could do is go back and read Greg Rucka's run on Adventures of Superman, which was effin' awesome.

The title should have been canceled. Rucka should have taken over either Action Comics or Superman, though.

Whatever would've kept Rucka writing Superman should've been done.

He was good on the book. Of course, he's good on most every book he's written. His Detective Comics run was probably the best I've ever seen in that book. The same goes for Catwoman.

I haven't read his Catwoman. I loved his Detective Comics, though. Gotham Central, too. And Wonder Woman.

Ugh, every comic I mention keeps making me wish Rucka were back on it (except Detective, maybe; Dini's doing a good job there).

Dini's doing a good job, but I think Rucka edges him out a little bit. Rucka's run had much better artwork, too. Shawn Martinbrough, Phil Hester and Rick Burchett are hard to beat.

Yeah, I think Don Kramer's definitely capable, but he's not really right for Batman.

I don't think he's necessarily wrong for a Batman book. I think he'd actually work better on Morrison's Batman. He captures the Silver Age look of Batman and his supporting cast pretty well, while keeping it current. That's basically what Morrison's shooting for, in my opinion.

I liked Adam. I liked Andy, too. Since their move to DC, though, their work has been awful.

I liked Adam. I liked Andy, too. Since their move to DC, though, their work has been awful.
They've been assigned to ****ty runs, so I haven't read any of their recent DC work. Adam would rock the house on Flash, though.

No one but Karl Kerschl would rock the house on Flash.

Others could rock the house. No one would rock the house as much as Kerschl, though. He'd rock the house right off the block, son. Ya heard?

I'll try not to do that again. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"