Bought/Thought 28/11/07

I've been watching The Wire, which features all kinds of street lingo. Alas, I can't duplicate it too well. I guess I'm not quite suburban or white enough.

I really need to see The Wire. I've heard nothing but incredible things about it.

It's fantastalicious. :up: I've only watched the first season and it's already like crack to me. Probably the most realistic and tightly written cop procedural in history--no exaggeration.

That's pretty much right on par with what I've been hearing. I haven't been watching The Brotherhood, either. I hear that's pretty good, too.

It's fantastalicious. :up: I've only watched the first season and it's already like crack to me. Probably the most realistic and tightly written cop procedural in history--no exaggeration.

I still rank Homicide higher.:brucebat:

Haven't seen that. I heard it's really good, though. Several of the cast from The Wire were on Homicide, too.
That's pretty much right on par with what I've been hearing. I haven't been watching The Brotherhood, either. I hear that's pretty good, too.
Hmm, haven't seen that either. I'll look into that after catching up on The Wire. The final season of The Wire starts in January. :up:

4 so far. January brings the fifth and final one. I'm okay with it, though. All good shows know when it's time to pack it in and live on in greatness in our memories, rather than withering to crappiness on our screens.

I agree. That's one of the reasons I love Ricky Gervais so much. He puts out a couple seasons of quality programming and then moves on to the next project before the old one gets stale.

Yep. Although I still wish there were more Extras, but more in the vein of the first season rather than the second.

I liked both seasons pretty equally. Such a good show. :(

I thought Andy's being tied to the TV show brought the quality down a bit. Maggie was still great, though.

I liked Andy's constant dissatisfaction with himself and his creative control over the show.

That was all right, but kind of thin to build a whole season on. I got tired of that recurring theme within about 3 episodes.

Oh, except for that time David Bowie mocked him for it. That was magnificent. :D

Oh my God. The David Bowie episode was amazing.

"Little fat man who sold his soul..."

I saw something about an Extras "Extra" Series Finale Christmas special on HBO soon.

4 so far. January brings the fifth and final one. I'm okay with it, though. All good shows know when it's time to pack it in and live on in greatness in our memories, rather than withering to crappiness on our screens.

Would that the Sopranos writers had shown the discipline to cut themselves off at five seasons.

Or at least actually done something with their sixth season, other than like twelve episodes of AJ's continuing failure at everything and Phil's gay romance on the run.

I saw something about an Extras "Extra" Series Finale Christmas special on HBO soon.
Yeah, that would be the final episode if Extras follows Gervais' model for The Office: two full seasons and one final special.

He'll have something, no doubt. It's the wait for that something that kills me.

I still rank Homicide higher.:brucebat:

Homicide was the sh$%.

Can't compare it to The Wire since I've yet to see a whole episode. (When my pockets are less empty I'll get the dvds)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"