Bought/Thought 30/01/08

I must have missed A:TI today :(

Bummer. Granted, with CA #34, I suppose it is understandable. Still, go nab A:TI. It was good. :up:

Unless the death of C-Listers with potential annoys you, then it might get on your bad side for a page or two.

A:TI was so good. It would have been the best of the week if it wasnt for CA#34. Best issue in a while.

WTF....... wasn't Stark Tower completely destroyed in World War Hulk?

if they reference Zom in NA Annual...then shouldn't the tower be gone?

A:TI was so good. It would have been the best of the week if it wasnt for CA#34. Best issue in a while.

Agreed, if if wasn't for all the hype surrounding CA 34, this would've been the issue of the week. A:TI has quietly (amongst all the noise that NA,MA, X-Men, and AXM make) become of my Marvel's strongest teams books out.

Hey Bendis, want to read what a REAL mobilized army of villains should read like? Read the old Avengers books where the Masters of Evil invade the mansion. Hack.

Oh, and the Alpha Lanterns from Green Lantern...creepy. Really creepy.

Spoilers please.
Pym (who's clearly coming back), Trauma, and Tarene are all apparently dead. Gauntlet looks like he's being set up as the big hero for this story, which blows because I hate that prick. Taskmaster was a little too cowardly.

The rest of the issue was good. Apparently Taskmaster knows about MVP's death, too. I thought that was weird, but I guess he wouldn't really care. He probably got a good laugh out of it.

so A:TI .....have i been missing out on a good thing??

how far should i backtrack to get the whole scope of it....i think i may have picked up some issues in the beginning...

It's only on #9. Just buy them all. There's probably already a trade of the first few issues.

cool...i will hit up the trade and see if i like it

Got the 'Ultimate Secrets' book even though I do not read much Ultimate Universe stuff. Was surprised to read that Ultimate Cable is Wolverine. Is there some explanation as how Logan/Cable lost his healing factor? Also, I assume in the "normal" Marvel Universe, the Logan/Cable storyline is not the same - right?

No, the 616 Cable is not Wolverine. He's Cyclops and Madeline Pryor's son, infected by Apocalypse with a techno-organic virus and sent to the future to be cured. Cyclops, Jean Grey, and an alternate version of Rachel Summers called Mother Askani raise him there. Then he comes back to the present to kill Apocalypse.

WTF....... wasn't Stark Tower completely destroyed in World War Hulk?

if they reference Zom in NA Annual...then shouldn't the tower be gone?

Obviously, NYC is rebuilt in the WWH Aftersmash minis.

I'm not really sure how to reconcile Bendis' Avengers with WWH; Pak really screwed it up.

No, the 616 Cable is not Wolverine. He's Cyclops and Madeline Pryor's son, infected by Apocalypse with a techno-organic virus and sent to the future to be cured. Cyclops, Jean Grey, and an alternate version of Rachel Summers called Mother Askani raise him there. Then he comes back to the present to kill Apocalypse.

question... i thought it was always believed that Rachel Summers actually only existed in one timeline. which is what was always so odd about her.

interesting theory... could the messiah complex baby be Mother Askani? which is why cable wanted to protect her and how she brough hope?

question... i thought it was always believed that Rachel Summers actually only existed in one timeline. which is what was always so odd about her.

interesting theory... could the messiah complex baby be Mother Askani? which is why cable wanted to protect her and how she brough hope?
Oh, Wikipedia actually says that Mother Askani is our Rachel. She got tossed into the future while she was with Excalibur.

Oh, Wikipedia actually says that Mother Askani is our Rachel. She got tossed into the future while she was with Excalibur.

ahh ok, that makes sense. I always found it interesting though how marvels kinda de-aged rachel over the years... when she had the Heavy Metal look in her excalibur days she looked much older then she does today... which bothers me... thought she definately looks better now then she did then.. (scary biker lezzy)

Yeah, I prefer her current eye-emblem thing instead of those lines all over her face, but she does look younger. The super-mini-skirt didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"