• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bought // Thought March 21

SouLeSS

Superhero
Reaction score
B:
52-46
AMS-539
XFactor-17
JSA-4
'Tec-830
Cable And Deadpool-38
Ion-12

T:
52 - Was expecting a lot more. Very lackluster, and it was just like Civil war. "BUILD BUILD BUILD BUILD BUILD andddddddddd STOP" with no big ending or anything.
Luthor gets caught, but it's not him, and Clark Kent is like "LOL HES GOT TO BE HIDING BEHIND THIS STEEL WALL!" BLack Adam gets CAPTURED withot doing much damage
4/10

ASM - Not going to lie, I didn't read a lot of it. Just skipped around for the purty pictures. Not to mention that most of the dialog wasn't really needed. Oh, but Spidey's ****ing pisssssssed. Which is kind of cool. I guess. 6/10

Ion - Ok so, I was expecting some huge big end battle and something actually happening to Rayner. It didn't.
The funeral scene was pretty funny, with big pink in the back towering over everyone else.
4/10

Next to read - XFactor. The other books will be read when I need to take a break on the toilet or something.

I'm too lazy to write out more than the comic book does, sue me.

I'm too lazy to write out more than the comic book does, sue me.

Darth is jealous. He yearns for the day he gets to start a Bought/Thought thread. It will complete him when it happens, and you'll see a change in his personality. He'll go from Darthphere to Richard Simmons in a day's time.

Darth is jealous. He yearns for the day he gets to start a Bought/Thought thread. It will complete him when it happens, and you'll see a change in his personality. He'll go from Darthphere to Richard Simmons in a day's time.

Not really, I never get my books early enough to do a bought/thought thread, but at least Not Jake has excellent reviews when he does it.:csad:

Killa Nilla son.

When the hell did he get introduced anyway?

I love bought/thought threads with nothing but needless jabbering.:cmad:

JSA #4 - Excellent conclusion to the Next Age.I was hoping to see the new Commander Steel up and running,but it looks like we might have to wait until the JLA arc.Lots of action as everyone goes onto their rescue missions.I found the resolution to the Wildcats/Savage fight utterly lame.Damage gets a nice "Petrelli" scene,yes I know Damage came first,and we get a nice double spread at the end.

Overall,this four parter introduced the members of the team well and gave readers a reason why the heck the world needs a JSA.This is something the first 5 issues of the previous volume failed to do successfully IMO.

Brave and the Bold #2 - The art here was very hard to follow at times even though it was well detailed.The interaction between Hal and Kara was funny as hell,the "17" parts were hilarious.I have no idea who the **** Blue Beetle is,so I didn't really know what to make of his scene with Bats.To be honest,it sounded like Peter Parker talking.Waid uses thought balloons to great effect in this ish, getting inside a character's head rather than explaining the obvious to the readers.

The Spirit #4 - After a somewhat slow origin issue last month,Cooke goes headfirst into a nice "on the run" story in the middle of the desert.The label says it all,"action,mystery and adventure".Hussein seems to have some connections with the shadowy villain and Denny gets carried away by a girl.Cooke's art is on fire as usual,love his style.

I would also like to add that the Planetary ad at the end of Spirit made me cry.I got all excited thinking it was the ad for the 4th book. :(

Those reviews really suck.

That's what happens when you start a thread before reading any books and go back to edit in some fast ones just to have something to show.

That's what happens when you start a thread before reading any books and go back to edit in some fast ones just to have something to show.

Or "I didnt really read it, but I looked at the pretty pictures".:csad:

Hahaha, good job Soulless.

Someone tell me if Aquaman is good. That cover makes me want to shoot my load out into the ocean and watch it drift away serenely.

Civil War: The Confession: Great
I picked this book up this week, and to quote Larry David, it was pretty, pretty, pretty good. Bendis + Maleev = Love, love deep down in my soul, so, you know. Bendis writes these one-shots quite excellently, and this is no exception. He shines a more forgiving light upon Tony, while also letting Cap get in some good shots, and for once during the saga of CW, we the reader are treated to an issue where both sides are presented with enough evidence and emotion to question just who's beliefs are really "right."

I kind of wish I would've held off until I got to read the other week's Captain America issue; guess I'll be picking up the second printing. Ughghghgh hurry up, Marvel.

52 #46: Good
Black Adam attacks Oolong Island, and our favorite wacky super-scientists prove just why they've been able to give entire teams of superheroes trouble in the past. In a couple minutes, they completely disable a magic-based being who just decimated 2 million people...and some of the scientists weren't even paying complete attention. It's called multitasking, people.:o

The Steel/Luthor snippet is OK, the JSA cameo is interesting enough, and Batman's origin is done in the back of the book. I'd rather they stick to the origins of characters that not everyone is super-familiar with...but whatever. A solid ish. I loves me some quirky super-scientists.

Or "I didnt really read it, but I looked at the pretty pictures".:csad:

Because I'm dropping the book and don't really care anything much about it? I didn't plan on buying the book, but I had an extra couple of bucks in my wallet so I just went and grabbed it.

Amazing Spidey #539 - I realize Back in Black is more than anything a publicity stunt for Spidey 3, but I wish JMS gave us a little more behind the black costume, also there are some pretty stupid errors in the issue. As we all know Aunt May's been shot, Pete swings her over to a hospital, which probably wasn't the best thing to do and she's now in the ICU in a coma. MJ is looking over her and she's admitted under her maiden name, wouldn't anyone recognize Peter Parker's, the man who just revealed that he's Spider-man, Aunt and model/actress wife? Peter begins to track down the shooter using the scope from the sniper's rifle, he needs to interrogate the biggest gun dealers in town to do this, why only them I don't know. Finally at the end of the issue, he gets his black costume, appartently it's been webbed under an overhang on a random building since the last time he wore it, don't understand how it's still in perfect condition after years in the elements or how his artificial webbing lasted much longer than the usual hour or what significance this building had. I know it sounds like nitpicking, but I was interested in where the story was going with Spidey, I wish this would've been a slower, smaller story, that there wasn't the big action piece. I wish there was more than just Aunt May being shot behind Pete putting on the black costume, maybe reference him turning his back on Tony, being on the run and everything with Cap. Just felt too much like the publicity stunt that it is. 5/10

We should all agree on some new rules for making Bought/Thought threads.

I mean at least read 3 or 4 books before even thinking about making it. Actual attempts at a review too. People wonder why the first few pages of a Bought/Though are nothing but spam.

These rules shouldn't include Not Jake. At least when he makes them its sexy.:cmad:

ASM - Not going to lie, I didn't read a lot of it. Just skipped around for the purty pictures. Not to mention that most of the dialog wasn't really needed. Oh, but Spidey's ****ing pisssssssed. Which is kind of cool. I guess. 6/10

Why would you give a book you didn't actually read a mediocre score? :huh:

So, FINALLY I get a light week. Thank God. Spending 20-30 dollars every week was getting tiresome. Oh, and despite only spending 13 bucks, I enjoyed the lot quite a bit!

X-Factor- PICK OF THE WEEK! PAD is killing on this book. Last issue was fantastic and this issue is fantastic. Jamie's quest for his dupes continues, Rictor and Rahne make a big mistake and Layla comes back. Y'know, I'm not sure, it might've only been 2 issues since I last saw her, but it always feels like an eternity. 9/10

Amazing Spider-Man- Woah. Peter is getting pretty hardcore, huh? I loved seeing him kicking ass out of costume. It's something that we just haven't seen much of in all the years of Spider-Man stories, and it's pretty cool, to be honest. The scene where he webs the cop's head without saying a word was cool. The final page comes as no shock, but it was well done. Garney nailed it. 9/10

Transformers: The Movie Prequel- Last issue was solid but, in their Cybertronian modes, the characters looked a little too similar, so everything felt a bit chaotic. This issue, the focus is on Megatron and Earth, so things are much easier to follow. I hope the movie delivers on the hype I'm starting to feel, because this was very good. Seeing the reaction to the Transformers presence over a hundred years ago was very cool. It looked like Furman took a few notes from Chuck Dixon's recent mini series and that's definitely a good thing. 9/10

Transformers Spotlight: Soundwave- One of my favorite things about the spotlight books is that it gives other artists a chance to draw the Transformers. Between E.J. Su and Don Figueroa, IDW would be crazy to have anyone else touch one of the main series, so we get these instead. Sounds cool to me, because Marcelo Matere did a great job on this. I liked that this was, essentially, a prequel to Stormbringer, and it was cool to see Soundwave taking on the role of the hero. Furman always portrayed him as an intelligent being in the UK comics, so it was great that he brought that over. Here's hoping to have the character show up in the main series! 8/10

Cable and Deadpool- Ah, Hydra. How easily we forget that there are people under those generic terrorist masks. Luckily, Nicieza remembers, so we get some comedic fun. Also, I'm only familiar with Agent X from this book, but he serves as a fun cast member. That's cool, because he'll probably be around for a few more issues. But where's Cable? 8/10

Hmmm...solutions to those who want to start a bought/thought thread, but never get a chance:

Go into the DC forum and start an "Official DC Bought/Thought Thread"

"Didn't Buy/Didn't Think Thread"

"Official Thoughts on the Bought/Thought Thread for March 21"

"Official Thoughts on the Best/Worst Reviews of the Official Bought/Thought Thread"

"Food For Thought for the Bought/Thought Thread"

"Phaedrus Sucks on March 21, 2007"

It'll work for every week:cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"