Box Office: 'Aquaman' Past Every Solo Marvel Movie (China)

frankgutz

ᴅᴄ & ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʜᴏʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
After a boffo $24 million opening day and $94m debut weekend, it has continued to perform accordingly as it enters its key second weekend in what will soon be the biggest moviegoing marketplace in the world.

After one week in China, the Jason Momoa/Amber Heard movie has earned a superb $135.3 million. That is a pretty healthy 1.43x weekend-to-day-seven-multiplier, and the word-of-mouth has been quite strong since opening night. It is already bigger in China than any prior solo MCU superhero movie. Heck, among all Hollywood superhero flicks, it’s behind only Captain America: Civil War ($180m), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($240m), Venom ($267m) and Avengers: Infinity War ($359m). And unless it sinks like a stone (always possible in China), then it’ll earn around $45m this weekend and end the frame just over Civil War’s lifetime total.

I’m also curious to see how it plays in India (where it opens tomorrow), as I got a slight Baahubali-vibe from the picture. I’m not remotely well-versed enough to tell you to what extent that franchise is representative of Bollywood or Tollywood action franchises

ImpossibleThickBovine-small.gif

Full: Box Office: 'Aquaman' Swims Past Every Solo Marvel Movie (In China)

Interesting.. Spiderman into the Spider verse has opened on same day as Aquaman in India, which is being heavily marketed so it may eat into some of its box office.

One thing WB India has done right this time is to include Aquaman dubbed in regional Indian languages besides English. Lets see how it does now.

After a boffo $24 million opening day and $94m debut weekend, it has continued to perform accordingly as it enters its key second weekend in what will soon be the biggest moviegoing marketplace in the world.

After one week in China, the Jason Momoa/Amber Heard movie has earned a superb $135.3 million. That is a pretty healthy 1.43x weekend-to-day-seven-multiplier, and the word-of-mouth has been quite strong since opening night. It is already bigger in China than any prior solo MCU superhero movie. Heck, among all Hollywood superhero flicks, it’s behind only Captain America: Civil War ($180m), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($240m), Venom ($267m) and Avengers: Infinity War ($359m). And unless it sinks like a stone (always possible in China), then it’ll earn around $45m this weekend and end the frame just over Civil War’s lifetime total.

I’m also curious to see how it plays in India (where it opens tomorrow), as I got a slight Baahubali-vibe from the picture. I’m not remotely well-versed enough to tell you to what extent that franchise is representative of Bollywood or Tollywood action franchises

ImpossibleThickBovine-small.gif

Full: Box Office: 'Aquaman' Swims Past Every Solo Marvel Movie (In China)
That's awesome but why start another thread outside the already existing box office thread to post this?

That's awesome but why start another thread outside the already existing box office thread to post this?

To celebrate the achievement

1471574931721.gif

Edit: im also used to other forums where we have a main theme & thread 4 specific articles are open

Last edited:
Wow Aquaman passes Venom in China already?

The article talks about the MCU/Disney films, but since u asked AM only needs 19.2M to do it, probably will happen next month :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"