X3 sits on a box office tinderbox (Box Office Prediction thread)

The midnight shows are selling now and a friend of mine told me that she was watching the news the other night and they said some of the showtimes for opening day are already sold out!:eek:

I think the general public is completely unaware of the behind the scenes drama on this movie and further more, my friend actually believed this was the last film(and i'm betting she's not the only one). They really think this is the "end of a trilogy" that the marketing has built it up to be. It'll open huge, it's just a matter of how sturdy it's legs will be that will determine the final gross.

Urrgg! I have to wait till sunday to see if the tickets for midnight are up or not..
If they are, they WILL sell out I have no doubt in my mind.

Crap I just checked the page and I'm going to have to like hold my tickets if they end up going up, cause on the page the 12:45 showing is sold out! I better get tickets for the first day!

Downhere said:
I have a feeling that if DaVinci Code has a lackluster opening, X3 will be the movie to really kick off the summer.

If Da Vinci has a poor opening, I'd be worried for ALL summer movies.....that would make it 3/3 as far as below-expectation Box Office so far. Maybe the people really aren't over last years slump...who knows.

Over the last year its a trend that all movies don't open/make as much as expected...ex. the first three this may and most of last year...X3 i predict about 50-70 mil..then avg of 23 next weekends..although x3 can change things we'll just have to wait and see...

Look at Da Vinici's critics rating at Rotten Tomatoes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/da_vinci_code/

wow. i was shocked.. I Think this will really have an impact on how well this does at the box office. So I'm now more confident that X3 will be the biggest opening so far this year and maybe this entire year. I'm seeing at least $100 million for the 4 -day holiday weekend.

The thing that is frightening right now is that ALL ALONG people have been pointing to the May releases as the biggest money makers.....right now, it looks like X3 might be the only one to make over 200 Million if Da Vinci flops.

That's not good.

opening days sold out shows are not common here in Toronto...never happened to me...but if u go like 10 minutes before the movie starts, chances are you won't get tickets :p
I'll prolly see the last show on Friday night...u get the adult crowd and no teens boys :p

:up: X3 will have a 110 holiday opening weekend advantage...it will make more than the previous two films and finish domestically with 300million and maybe hopefully more:up:

X-3 is the movie that i am dying to see but to be honest I am starting to doubt the amount of money that it will take in. I expect DVC to rake in about 100million this weekend and possibly 50million the following. Thats why I am starting to doubt that X-3 will bring in more than 100million for it first weekend

vimacoaster said:
Look at Da Vinici's critics rating at Rotten Tomatoes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/da_vinci_code/

wow. i was shocked.. I Think this will really have an impact on how well this does at the box office. So I'm now more confident that X3 will be the biggest opening so far this year and maybe this entire year. I'm seeing at least $100 million for the 4 -day holiday weekend.
Comingsoon says DaV will make about $75M this weekend and boxofficeguru.com says it will make about $60M. Boxofficeprophets.com and boxofficemojo.com have not weighed in with their estimates yet.

I think x-men 3 will earn 90 mil the first weekend.

Ebert liked Davinci Code? :eek: I still think it will suck. :o

Pickle-El said:
If Da Vinci has a poor opening, I'd be worried for ALL summer movies.....that would make it 3/3 as far as below-expectation Box Office so far. Maybe the people really aren't over last years slump...who knows.

I won't here is the thing I think overall with the 2 big opening ths weekend the Code and the Hedge.... both will equate to big box office numbers but as a combined effort

this one gets spli with the number 1 movie getting a little over 60 Million.... still it could be that Over the Hedge is that movie and the Code comes in with high 40't or low 50's

Either way the box office will hit it big this weekend equateing to over 100 Million between the two movies

I really...really...see a big split this weekend..adults and families.. dads and moms going to see Da vinchi letting the kids see the Hedge

then...next weekend they all go togeather to see X3

I think of all movies to be worried about it might be over the Hedge, those computer animated movies are doing toooooo good, it is getting kind of anoing. But, I do think X3 will beat out both of them.

A number of people came to our theater to purchase advance tickets for Da vinci so far...Probably around 30 or so...Not much..

Like, only 2 or 3 people have pre-purchased X-Men tickets to my knowledge.. :(

Our numbers for the late showings for Poseidon and MI3 were horrible...That's probably why they pulled the late showings for Da Vinci that were going to be tonight..

I hope X3 picks things up...

-TNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"