Breaking the fourth wall with Deadpool!

like I've said before, nothing too big. something that only the fans will really get it, like:

Deadpool is fighting Wolverine and:

Wolverine: what do you want?
Deadpool: my own movie!
Wolverine: are you crazy!?

If Deadpool breaks the fourth wall, it'll happen when he's in frame by himself.

like Marv in Sin City, done in a narrative fashion.

Also guys, just wanted to point out that in cinema - it's not called "breaking the fourth wall", that's more stage plays. In movies, it's referred to as direct address.

I know no one cares, just figured I'd throw in a little film knowledge.

I hope Deadpool does break the fourth wall but only once and subtle to tease us like winking at the camera.

If Wilson breaks the fourth wall in this movie, then it needs to be very, very subtle. Maybe like this:
Wilson and another character are standing 3 feet from each other, talking. Camera view is behind and over the right shoulder of character X, looking at Wilson from mid-chest up. Wilson breaks eye contact with character X, and looks directly into the camera three times during the conversation. Character X, out of frustration, looks over his right shoulder, directly into the camera, and asks Deadpool, "What the hell do you keep looking at?'
Wilson says, "You ever get the feeling your being watched? Or that your stuck in a reality TV show that you are unaware of, like that Jim Carey movie?"
Character X, "Your effing crazy, you know that? Crazy!", and he stomps off. Wilson looks at the camera, shrugs his shoulders, and walks away.
If it happens, I still say I have the best idea.

^I reckon he will be in full Deadpool garb by the end of the film.

i dont think it would work well in this day and age comic adaption have gotten more serious and for him to do that you would be very aware you are watching a comic book adaption then an action/adventure/sci fi/ movie

hey it worked for Christian slater in kuffs well maybe not lol

Also guys, just wanted to point out that in cinema - it's not called "breaking the fourth wall", that's more stage plays. In movies, it's referred to as direct address.

Where did you go to film school?

deadpoolryanreynolds.png

Deadpool and random char:

Random Char: "Where do you come up with these things!?"

Deadpool: *in classic Ryan Reynolds fashion* "I watch a lot of Ryan Reynolds movies..."

Hahaha it's almost prophetic.
I was thinking, do you reckon Reynolds will shave his hair if by the end of the film he's Deadpool? Or just a prosthetic or CGI over his head?

it'd be nice in the film and also at the credits

for the wolverine film, it works best in the credits

I'd like to see it subtley done in his own film during the actual film.

I was thinking, do you reckon Reynolds will shave his hair if by the end of the film he's Deadpool? Or just a prosthetic or CGI over his head?

Nowadays, they can do pretty much anything with prosthetics and CGI, and, considering the fact that they mentioned intensive CGI work on Deadpool's character, I would say that he probably won't shave his head. Of course I may be wrong... you never know. ;)

Does direct adress apply to stuff that is not directed at the audience? I mean there's one thing to speak directly into the camera with the audience, and another to say a line to a character that acknowledges in a way that the characters are in fact in a movie.

I assume he'll have a load of prothestics in the first place. He'll probably go with a bald cap.

Nowadays, they can do pretty much anything with prosthetics and CGI, and, considering the fact that they mentioned intensive CGI work on Deadpool's character, I would say that he probably won't shave his head. Of course I may be wrong... you never know. ;)

It would be really funny if we found out that the intensive CGI work being done on Deadpool was to remove Ryan Raynolds' hair.

This movie has a serious and dark tone to it, having deadpool break the fourth wall in this film for me would kinda take away from it.

True... but if its subtle... it shouldn't be a big deal.

Deadpool: Hey Sabertooth, haven't sent you in 8 years. You look different.

or

Deadpool: You ever think about growing you hair out and dying it blond?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"