• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brian Michael Bendis is takeing over Marvel!

Agreed. The delays on Secret War went and killed the fact that Nick Fury wasn't going to be the head of SHIELD anymore. That should have been something that hit you right in the gut, instead it was like...oh come on with it already!!!!

Well, at least they tried to cover their tracks on that one with the LMD explanation. Most they just seem to let slide with an "oops, our creators are slow!" :o

TheCorpulent1 said:
Um... I read part of the Echo arc, some stuff with Matt fighting ninjas in the street... I can't remember all of it off the top of my head. I only read DD for a short time, and it was a while ago. Daredevil's never really clicked with me for some reason.

I thought David Mack wrote that? If not, I agree that didn't have him being Daredevil much in it.:)

Kool-Aid said:
I thought David Mack wrote that? If not, I agree that didn't have him being Daredevil much in it.:)

yes mack wrote both echo arcs.

And matt was in the book as dd plenty I counter (check earlier posts in the thread).

Yeah, Mack wrote the Echo stuff. I mostly picked it up for his art, in fact. The other stuff I read was from Bendis, though. I looked it up and I think I read DD from #50 through #65.

CantThinkOfAName said:
I know, having an opinion diffferent than yours has really been weighing on my conscience. I don't know what Im doing with my life anymore. Why can't I just bestrong enough to end it. Please Sin Eater, help me pull the trigger:(
bwahahaha:D

deemar325 said:
Jake why would you want to stick anything up a guys ass?
I love how the red contrasts with the chocolatey brown of your sweet inner cheeks. Kiss me, you fool!

SpideyInATree said:
Ultimate Spider-Man had delays? :confused:

The book comes out every 2 weeks. Heh. If that's a delay then I must be ******ed.

Secret War was delayed due to Dell'Otto. And New Avengers...who knows what is up with that book. But considering that Bendis writes like a madman his books are usually on time.

Daredevil was usually on time. Though Powers is off and on these days.

But, Bendis really has been stretching himself thin, in my eyes. Maybe he's not in his own eyes. But that's too many books to be writing at one time.
what is Bendis currently writing right now? New Avengers, USM, Powers? That's not bad. I know, before he was writing New Avengers, USM, Powers, DD, House of M, Secret War...that's too many books.

But like I sort of mentioned before, Johns should really drop a book himself, probably GL, nobody really seems too thrilled with his work on that book:o

SpideyInATree said:
You're accusing people of not having correct information, and you're not exactly a budding example of it either here, Mr. Sin Eater.

Where has it said that Dan Slott was on the Bendis "team". I believe that the other post in the Marvel forums had Dan Slott revealing that he was greenlit a new project for the end of this year, beginning of next year, and that it wouldn't be like his current run of books on Marvel, with a light hearted and fun tone to the book.

There are stupid people in this world who do not have the ability to think for themselves, so they spend there lives just going through the motions until somebody helps them think. Seriously, though, you should try thinking for yourself. It's not THAT hard to do.

SpideyInATree said:
He's had a forum on Bendis' site for QUITE sometime. And Dan Slott is also a poster on THIS message forum as well. And I'm sure he's going to Marvel retreats because he's been proving himself as a great writer over the years with his Spider-Man/Human Torch miniseries, GLA miniseries, and his fantastic run on She-Hulk. I'm sure THAT had nothing to do with it.

He's had a forum at Bendis' site for a few months. That's hardly 'quite some time"... I believe it was the end of March. He was given that forum because Bendis took him under his wing after attacks on Slott at Newsarama. He's now one of the boys at Marvel, thanks to Bendis. I say this as a fan of Dan Slott, but I always have the ability to put two and two together, and I'm old enough to understand how the world works. I take it you still live at your mom and dad's and aren't even out of school yet, judging by how naive you post is.

SpideyInATree said:
And where in there did it say that Bendis, and Bendis alone, approved his pitch/idea? I believe it was Quesada that approved it, with the other writers/artists really getting BEHIND the idea.

Bendis not only approved it, he called his butt buddy, Mark Millar, who also gave his approval. Bendis is clearly the ring leader at Marvel, and whatever he likes, Quesada is quick to approve, regardless of how bad the idea is. That's just a fact.

SpideyInATree said:
If you want to make it look like Dan Slott is riding the coat tails of another writer to get ahead, hey, that's just fantastic and all that good stuff. But you really look ignorant by putting it that way, and it's also why a fair poster like Elijya had to get a little bit cross with you...ignorance is bliss, Mr. Sin Eater.

Well, you don't appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed, so I'll let you know if I care about your assessments.

SpideyInATree said:
And Bendis is the only writer and Marvel is the only company that writes for the trade paper back, huh? I mean DC and other writers such as Geoff Johns and Frank Miller aren't writing for the trade paper back? Hmm? You know that the trade paper back is a trend, right? That it caught on because Marvel and DC...and other companies...can get they're graphic novels placed in BOOK STORES, instead of just COMIC BOOK STORES...which can bring new fans to the table and attract new readers to the comics. But, hey, you'd rather look at it in the negative light. Don't blame ya there, Mr. Sin Eater. But when you go bashing a writer for something, make sure he's the ONLY one who does it...and not the entire comic book industry who's just trying to do GOOD BUSINESS.

See, here's another example of your shortcomings in the comprehension area. Wasn't my point that "Bendis and his writing for the trade has hurt the industry and monthy issues"? How did you mix that up to mean "Bendis is the only person who writes for the trade because he didn't influence the industry and cause others to start doing it all the time"?

Seriously, do you read or just rant while trying to make brownie points with a comic writer who really could give a damn about anything to do with you other than you lining his pocket with royalties from the trade paperback program that is killing the monthly industry. (mostly thanks to Bendis...er...excuse me...BENDIS!)

Not Jake said:
But like I sort of mentioned before, Johns should really drop a book himself, probably GL, nobody really seems too thrilled with his work on that book:o
Yeah, his GL's sucked from about #3 or 4 right up to the present.

Not Jake said:
Johns should really drop a book himself, probably GL, nobody really seems too thrilled with his work on that book:o

Amen to that - it's dry.
And I hate the ring generated lantern symbol he put over their emblems and everywhere else. I hate that he's made the rings like PCs. A power ring should never have to be rebooted. Recharged, yes.

Not Jake said:
I love how the red contrasts with the chocolatey brown of your sweet inner cheeks. Kiss me, you fool!

You are one sick puppy.

Gogo Bananas said:
Amen to that - it's dry.
And I hate the ring generated lantern symbol he put over their emblems and everywhere else. I hate that he's made the rings like PCs. A power ring should never have to be rebooted. Recharged, yes.
Huh? Where were the rings "rebooted"? :confused:

SpideyInATree said:
Yeah, it's still coming out twice a month. And will continue to do so.

Though that's more Bagley's professionalism than Bendis, in my opinion.

Bagley is the Ironman of comics, I truly respect that guy; note he comes from a military family.

:up:

So does Lois Lane. That's why she's like the Iron Man of comics. :up:

Wait...

Mark Bagley was been interviewed and he's stated how being from a military family instilled discipline in him and that his father's example taught him the value of hard work and keeping your word.

I think if more artists had his type of upbringing, we wouldn't have to deal with the likes of Joe Madeuira and Frank Quitely.

Work is work regardless if it's comic art or construction work. People don't seem to value craft and getting the job done.

Not Jake said:

Its not amazing, but there're a few good issues. His last was pretty good, but that might just be because Guy called the Guardians Smurfs.:o

Johns GL is kind of a dissappointment.

He does seem worn thin.

His Teen Titans is kind of meandering aimlessly at the moment, too. I think being at the epicenter of the massive Infinite Crisis/52 projects is taking its toll on him. Hopefully once that's finally over we can see Johns bring himself back up to the level of his Flash and earlier JSA work across the board.

Yeah guy needs some time off, he's to great a talent to be over burdened like that.

TheCorpulent1 said:
His Teen Titans is kind of meandering aimlessly at the moment, too. I think being at the epicenter of the massive Infinite Crisis/52 projects is taking its toll on him. Hopefully once that's finally over we can see Johns bring himself back up to the level of his Flash and earlier JSA work across the board.

The thing is, he will never drop Teen Titans and GL becuase those are his babies, he brought them back and made them matter again. Irony is, they are both his weakest book and he decided to drop his best written book The Flash.

I'm glad he dropped the Flash, actually. He gave us a pretty massive run, probably topped only by Waid in total number of Flash issues written, and it was phenomenal from start to finish. Better to end on a high note and secure his place in Flash history than wear out his welcome. If he felt he said all he needed to say with the Flash, I'm glad he left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"