The Dark Knight Rises bring on the batgirl

No Robin, No Batgirl, No Nightwing, no side-kicks. Doesn't work with the way Nolan is approaching the Batman character.

then they shouldn't bother using nolan's approach if that's the case. I want my sidekicks on film.

Wow... now I understand how robin-haters feel...

I've barely read any of Batgirl Barbara Gordon... so I know very little about the non-oracle Barbara... very little about her attitude and motivations, though, what I've read (a costume party that Charaxes crashes) seems a bit suspect to me...

Can she work in the Batfilms? Yes, but she'd need to be pretty far off from the comics versions...

1) She can't come until a bit later since Gordon' daughter is five in the movie... that alone puts her in the second trilogy... I've heard that Barbara Gordon is actually Gordon's neice, though... is this true?

2) While Robin has the excuse of being a professional acrobat, there is no excuse for Barbara Gordon to be doing ANYTHING but observing out in the field...

3) As a computer expert and coorespondent, Barbara ALWAYS works... she'd be a great addition... and "batgirl" would be a benevolent nickname to give to a crippled (Joker, remember?) girl until she comes up with "Oracle"

4) The costume party scene can be played to, but there's no way she can use a halloween costume to come out and do anything to the real life criminals of Gotham City... not a thing...

Again... she'd be a great addition to the franchise later, and I'd love to see her in a solo movie, more than Robin in some ways, but as an addition to the life of a fledgeling Batman, Barbara Gordon doesn't fit for me...

It's obvious in Nolan's Begins movie that Batman's war on crime CANNOT be handled alone. He needs alfred, he needs gordon, he needs rachel. All working together to save gotham.

I think it can only expand further on that in the sequels, but everyone wants batman to be some goth loner sitting in a cave reading old newspapers and solving mysteries and stuff. That won't work in Nolan's universe.

odds of there ever being a batgirl in this series... slim to none. and i am a HUGE fan of batgirl. i don't want to see her. i would not be opposed to a robin but i doubt we'd see him either.

while we're casting babs for the heck of it though... consider these ;)
scarlett-johansson-8.jpg

brighteyes.jpg

wink wink :p

I guess if any girl has red hair...that is ground to make them batgirl look alikes or batgirl material??? lol

anyway, I highly doubt she will be in the movies...so this thread is kinda pointless.

oh please. scarlett johansson doesn't even have red hair. that's just a picture of her with red hair. and the other picture was tongue in cheek because any vet hypester knows that's a picture of me.

second of all... relax a little. just for fun.

and if they did cast babs she would HAVE to have red hair. there is no doubt about it.

I once downloaded the pilot episode for Birds of Prey and it featered Batgirl, whic I thought had a great suit. Better than the one in Batman and Robin.

birdsofprey-meyer.jpg

batgirl_Dina_Meyer.jpg

And can someone tell me more of the Batgirl which has a completely black look? I saw her for the first time in the Batman Dark Tomorrow game and I thought, who is that? I first thought that she was a mute, but in Wargames she talked to Oracle and Batman.

bio_batgirl2.jpg

Last question: i've only seen the first and the last episode of Birds of Prey and I thought it was a very cool show. I would really like to have the DVD of that series, and I know that there are only Bootleg versions of the series but they are supposed to be very good. Does someone know a site where it can be ordered and who can be trusted?​

eh i'm not too partial to the birds of prey show batgirl suit. looks too over the top. batgirl requires simplicity i think.

you're speaking of cassandra cain the new batgirl william. she was raised by the assassin david cain without ever teaching her how to speak or read so her only language was violence essentially making her one of the best human combatants out there. she currently resides in bludhaven as well as tim and in the comics is presently on a journey to find out whether her mother really is lady shiva or not.

batgirl would not work in nolans franchise. neither would robin.:)

^i'd have to agree. but it's fun to talk about like it might happen in a dream. i love casting superheroes :up:

Nuk Nukk said:
She's actually a very good actress. :o

but her face is mad annoying! shes got no expression! shes looks like a baby. not very "womanly" and shes not sexy. not for me anyways. she got liquid face.

William15 said:
I once downloaded the pilot episode for Birds of Prey and it featered Batgirl, whic I thought had a great suit. Better than the one in Batman and Robin.

birdsofprey-meyer.jpg

batgirl_Dina_Meyer.jpg

this girl is hot! she would make a pretty good batgirl in a movie, just one problem: why is her neck totally not covered?? it looks kinda dumb. and why the yellow? its so bright! at night!

BatmanRules33 said:
but her face is mad annoying! shes got no expression! shes looks like a baby. not very "womanly" and shes not sexy. not for me anyways. she got liquid face.
None of the girls in this thread are sexy.... But yeah, Johanson is especially ugly.

she looks too.....baby-ish. in the face. the girl who played batgirl in BOP actually looks womanly and not a bad face.

hubba hubba.:up:

BatmanRules33 said:
she looks too.....baby-ish. in the face. the girl who played batgirl in POP actually looks womanly and not a bad face.

hubba hubba.:up:
Baby-ish? You mean cute?? :confused: And yeah...that girl is pretty hot too. No chest though..

alicia witt is a little too old for batgirl at this point. she's thirty and batgirl was always roughly college age.
so is dina meyer... she's almost forty. (the batgirl posted above)

and apparently there's a whole contingency of people who think scarlett johansson is good looking because she isn't getting all kinds of movie roles solely based on her acting talents.
scarlett.jpg

GingerVigilante said:
oh man... i can't get over how ugly she is.

:p
Me neither, although I did hear she gave the dude from Sin City a blow job in an elevator....sho she gets points for that, maybe she is getting parts because she is giving head. All I know is, she is fugly.... and no body on top of that. But about your point of contention regarding Alecia Witt....she looks young, and can be made to look younger just like they do for any other actor or actress who plays a young part. :o

GingerVigilante said:
oh man... i can't get over how ugly she is.

:p

do you really think shes ugly, or are you just being sarcastic? im a guy, and i have to say, i dont see whats so damn apealing about johanson. shes got such a bland face and no "characteristic" about her that makes her recognizable. she may be a good actor, but damn, she is plain old jane when it comes to looks.:down:down

and by "baby-ish" i dont mean cute, i mean shes got those chubby cheeks like drew barrymore almost, and shes just got to lose that baby fat and maybe grow up a little before i can say shes "alright".

i see you either didn't catch or chose to ignore my sarcasm. i think scarlett is beautiful. and so do a lot of people.

i've seen alicia witt in quite a variety of films/television and i just don't think she has the spark for babs. barbara is my favorite superhero (my former SHH name was babs gordon for ages) and i would of course need to see justice done with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"