Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 3x16 - "Paradise Lost" - Discussion Thread

Is that Oliver Queen's house? ;)

ETA: I know he's not an Aussie in the comics (and his personality is quite different), but I wonder if this James is J.T. James (Hellfire).

It looked like Howard Stark's California house from Agent Carter.

So what will the Kree orb lead to? A way to stop The Hive/SquidWard, a secret Kree base on earth, or another portal to outerspace?

Continuity error. Whitehall didn't call himself Whitehall until he killed Jiaying in 1989. In 1970 he was still known as Werner Reinhardt, which was his true name. And why would there be an ordinary cop in a S.H.I.E.L.D. prison?

I like James, he is fun.
Malick must be regretful to have bring him back, I liked his past.
Giyera was very cool in this episode too.

Continuity error. Whitehall didn't call himself Whitehall until he killed Jiaying in 1989. In 1970 he was still known as Werner Reinhardt, which was his true name. And why would there be an ordinary cop in a S.H.I.E.L.D. prison?

Yea I thought that was ood as well.
Also they should have aged him a bit...he still looks the same after 25 years...but of course 15 years later he is incredibly aged....

Is it true he didn't call himself Whitehall in 1970 or just that he didn't call himself Whitehall at the end of World War II?

Yea I thought that was ood as well.
Also they should have aged him a bit...he still looks the same after 25 years...but of course 15 years later he is incredibly aged....
They aged him a bit in this episode.

Maybe Whitehall was a codename while in prison, and really change his name when he was free.

This was another great episode. I didn't expect Hive to take out Stephanie Malick and it was good to see Giyera give everyone, including May, a run for their money. Hopefully we will see James again, seems like he could be a fun character. The one thing that fell flat for me was the end was when Lincoln told Daisy to unite the Secret Warriors, which basically means call Joey and Yo-Yo. They needed more members for that line to feel impactful and the absence of Deathlok is becoming a big oversight in my eyes. That said, can't wait for next week.

This was another great episode. I didn't expect Hive to take out Stephanie Malick and it was good to see Giyera give everyone, including May, a run for their money. Hopefully we will see James again, seems like he could be a fun character. The one thing that fell flat for me was the end was when Lincoln told Daisy to unite the Secret Warriors, which basically means call Joey and Yo-Yo. They needed more members for that line to feel impactful and the absence of Deathlok is becoming a big oversight in my eyes. That said, can't wait for next week.

I actually thought that Joey was part of the team already and have been wondering where he's at during all of this.

Deathlok is a major oversight. They invested far too much time into the character to just have him pop in for an episode or two every year.

Is it true he didn't call himself Whitehall in 1970 or just that he didn't call himself Whitehall at the end of World War II?

Just went back and watched "Things We Bury" and he was Werner Reinhardt when he was released from prison 44 years later by Secretary Pierce.

They're prematurely being brought together, which leads to them losing. Then they get more people and then assemble for realsies.

James is Hellfire.

5490.jpg

Future Secret Warriors member and Daisy's eventual love interest.

He was Herr Reinhardt (Mister Reinhardt) when Peggy Carter captured him in 1945 in "Shadows" and Werner Reinhardt when she sentenced him to life imprisonment in 1945 in "Things We Bury".

He was Herr Reinhardt (Mister Reinhardt) when Peggy Carter captured him in 1945 in "Shadows" and Werner Reinhardt when she sentenced him to life imprisonment in 1945 in "Things We Bury".
He could already used his fake name in prison, not officially of course but as a codename, when giving orders to people on the outside to avoid suspicion.
Like when hiring his goons.

yeah maybe the hallway his prison cell was in was white, so they just refer to him as whitehall

lol

Loeb really should not be the one overseeing the MCU-TV verse.

Very good episode. The fight between May and Giyera was awesome. The backstory given to Malick was very interesting, along with the further development of the Inhuman parasite being. It was also neat to see Daniel Whitehall again in the flashback. Coulson also had some good material struggling with his decision to kill Ward. A lot of cool stuff happened in this installment.

Random thought:

I noticed that James (the guy who wanted powers) said that the inhuman that was banished long ago (i.e., Ward-whatever) was very powerful, "original blend" or something like that. That might be used to justify the difference in power levels between inhumans on AoS (who may have interbred with humans for a very long time) and inhumans in the future movie, if they happened to be far more powerful. An explanation would be that those inhumans have much less human in them.

Did anyone notice that the origin story of the Inhumans gets a little different every time we hear it?

1. The Kree experimented on the humans, trying to change their genes and create a race of slaves/warriors who would fight for the Kree Empire. The Kree thought the experiments were unsuccessful and returned to their home world, not waiting to see the final result.

2. A rogue Kree faction visited Earth as part of their illegal experiments to create genetically altered soldiers. When the leaders of the Kree Empire found out about the experiments, all members of the rogue faction were eliminated and the project was shut down. The leaders of the Empire didn't know the experiments were successful.

3. The experiments were successful while the Kree were still on Earth. One of the first Inhumans, Alveus (today known as Hive), was supposed to command the Inhuman army on behalf of the Kree. However, the Inhumans didn't like the idea of serving the Kree, joined forces with the humans, and led by Alveus, raised a rebellion against the Kree who were forced to return to their home world. Later, the Inhumans feared that Alveus was too powerful so they banished him from the Earth, sending him through the Monolith to Maveth. Alveus' worshipers later formed HYDRA.

Did anyone notice that the origin story of the Inhumans gets a little different every time we hear it?

1. The Kree experimented on the humans, trying to change their genes and create a race of slaves/warriors who would fight for the Kree Empire. The Kree thought the experiments were unsuccessful and returned to their home world, not waiting to see the final result.

2. A rogue Kree faction visited Earth as part of their illegal experiments to create genetically altered soldiers. When the leaders of the Kree Empire found out about the experiments, all members of the rogue faction were eliminated and the project was shut down. The leaders of the Empire didn't know the experiments were successful.

3. The experiments were successful while the Kree were still on Earth. One of the first Inhumans, Alveus (today known as Hive), was supposed to command the Inhuman army on behalf of the Kree. However, the Inhumans didn't like the idea of serving the Kree, joined forces with the humans, and led by Alveus, raised a rebellion against the Kree who were forced to return to their home world. Later, the Inhumans feared that Alveus was too powerful so they banished him from the Earth, sending him through the Monolith to Maveth. Alveus' worshipers later formed HYDRA.

Thanks for this. Sometimes I get lost in all different storylines. You summed it up nicely. Wonder how it will evolve next season.

It's a little annoying but they do have a good in-show reason for the inconsistencies: everything happened thousands of years ago. Historical records tend to be a little inaccurate over long periods of time.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"