Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 3x16 - "Paradise Lost" - Discussion Thread

I think honestly the writers are probably still trying to figure out the origin as far as how it fits in the mcu. Im guessing because the inhuman movie is years away and they cant deviate too far from what the movie is going to explain.

Among the better episodes of the season-to-date. I always thought Hive giving Malick the cold shoulder ever since he was "rescued" was a bit odd. Nice to see that the explanation was intentional and quite emotionally resonant.

Unlike most, I never found Lincoln to be problematic character (though, not a great one) but with this episode, he's starting to grow on me.

I'm still having a problem with Hive being categorized as an Inhuman. Simmons just postulated that Hive was a host of microscopic parasites. So a human (with the Inhuman gene) morphed into millions of parasites with a hive mind? What's the deal here?

Among the better episodes of the season-to-date. I always thought Hive giving Malick the cold shoulder ever since he was "rescued" was a bit odd. Nice to see that the explanation was intentional and quite emotionally resonant.

Unlike most, I never found Lincoln to be problematic character (though, not a great one) but with this episode, he's starting to grow on me.

I'm still having a problem with Hive being categorized as an Inhuman. Simmons just postulated that Hive was a host of microscopic parasites. So a human (with the Inhuman gene) morphed into millions of parasites with a hive mind? What's the deal here?
He was human looking then when he was transformed by terrigenesis, I guess he looked like his real forms that he showed to Hydra:
screen-shot-2016-04-13-at-75430-ampng-6847a1_765w.png

So something like this:
The_Hive_(Earth-616)_002.jpg

Then his real corpse died and he took another corpse with his parasite and another and another, etc

Last edited:
Uskok said:
2. A rogue Kree faction visited Earth as part of their illegal experiments to create genetically altered soldiers. When the leaders of the Kree Empire found out about the experiments, all members of the rogue faction were eliminated and the project was shut down. The leaders of the Empire didn't know the experiments were successful.
That's not how I interpreted Vin-Tak's account. As far as I can tell, on his accounts a Kree faction did the experiments, and then yet another Kree faction dediced that the inhumans were an abomination and had to be exterminated, so they defeated the rival faction and tried to kill all of the inhumans, and thought they succeeded but didn't. That's why Vin-Tak went to Earth: he wasn't with the Kree government (in fact, he didn't want them to know about the inhumans), or with the faction that made the inhumans, but with the rival faction (also, some kind of religious zealots who would exterminate inhumans for being an "abomination").
That was also in line with Jiaying's comment that the Kree changed their mind and tried to exterminate them: she wouldn't know about Kree factions, and if the leaders of the Kree empire had shut down the experiments, they wouldn't have tried to exterminate the inhumans, since they didn't know the inhumans existed in the first place.

3. The experiments were successful while the Kree were still on Earth. One of the first Inhumans, Alveus (today known as Hive), was supposed to command the Inhuman army on behalf of the Kree. However, the Inhumans didn't like the idea of serving the Kree, joined forces with the humans, and led by Alveus, raised a rebellion against the Kree who were forced to return to their home world. Later, the Inhumans feared that Alveus was too powerful so they banished him from the Earth, sending him through the Monolith to Maveth. Alveus' worshipers later formed HYDRA.
James didn't said one explanation, he listed several.
He said that the Kree were "killed or driven out or whatever."

And even if they managed to create a powered being, if this being is a abomination and he rebels against them instead of leading their slave army, the experiment could be seen as unsuccessful though.

Last edited:
Did anyone else think the young Malick reminded them of Andrew Garfield?

I actually thought that Joey was part of the team already and have been wondering where he's at during all of this.

Joey was taken off the endangered list when the ATCU fell apart and he went home. That was, I believe, in the series return from hiatus.

People used to say exactly the same thing about Skye and Ward.

I think Lincoln is fine. I like what they're doing with that character.

We should all be used to the way these show runners work by now. They take a slow approach to developing the characters.

To me, actually, it's the ideal way. Now that I'm patient and I don't expect everything to be clear in one long expository reveal, I enjoy these episodes a lot more and see the genius in their storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"