Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
They toned down his shtick. I can't even really define what his shtick is, but they toned it down. Like, I see him doing a small part in a movie, and he's annoying and I just go "Oh, they're really letting him run wild, doing his own thing." Here, not so much.

That's what's good about it. Samberg just has this weird, crazy, over the top personality that needs to be reigned in and toned down a bit to even begin to work in a scripted series.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/04/brooklyn-nine-nine-script-order-full-season-pickup-next/
Exclusive: Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Gets Order For More Scripts — Full-Season Pickup Next?

It’s not a back-nine order, but it’s the next best thing.

Fox has commissioned several additional scripts of its rookie Andy Samberg comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The well-reviewed police satire drew a solid 6 million viewers and a 2.5 demo rating in its debut last month. Its ratings have since tapered off as its Tuesday competition has increased (in its most recent outing it notched 3.4 mil/1.4).

Earlier this week, Fox extended a huge vote of confidence to fellow freshman series Sleepy Hollow when it renewed the fantasy drama for a second season.
Fingers crossed.

I was surprised at how good this show is. Really hope it gets to stay in and they can burn out a few seasons.

It actually is pretty damn good. I hope it pulls through and we get at least a full season order

That last episode was funny. It hit on a few tropes quite handidly.

[YT]MF6juxFguDM[/YT]

I have had a huge crushskies on Chelsea Peretti for a while now. As long as she is on the show. I am always gonna watch.

With that said. I think this show is pretty darn funny.

I'll believe it when I see a more reliable site get in on it. They've got something good here. They'd be stupid to not try to find a way for it to flourish. Putting it after Dads and opposite the most buzzed about new show and the biggest drama on TV? Not the way to go.

Fox's Tuesday comedy line-up is just flawed all over.

I love this show so fox will most likely cancel it.

Cancel Dads (the content and the ratings deserve it), move Mindy to fridays to die off (it had it's shot and how it even made it to it's second season is beyond me), move Brooklyn to the post-New Girl slot and put Glee back on Tuesdays at 8. It's already gotten a two season order, with the sixth season being it's last, and it's established. You put your best new comedy at 8:30 after a garbage lead-in and opposite NCI-****ing-S? Come on, FOX... get your **** together.

If they cancel this without giving it a shot, I'm going to take immense pleasure from watching FOX fail year after year after year.

Another thing that pisses me off about that TV By The Numbers **** is that they're passing off speculation as fact, so there's probably people looking at that and going "Oh, I guess there's no point watching anymore" and end up tuning out. Until that **** is set in stone, keep it to yourself, don't put it in a damn headline. :o

Also, it's almost time East Coast.

Anyone watch this tonight? No? Just me? Alright. :o

Appendicitis humor? Um... how is it not? :whatever:

I tried to watch this and I wanted to rip out my eyes. Andy imo is better in smaller doses. I think he could do an ensemble cast show where someone like McBride was in the lead role.

Isn't Santiago the chick at the end of Man of Steel who says Superman is hot?

This last ep actually made me laugh from top to bottom. The bit about Holt being hard to read was my favorite. Loved his rant on the painting.

I wonder if we'll ever meet Holt's husband.

Kyle Secor would be a funny choice. Richard Belzer or Yaphet Kotto if they can't get him.

It is Fox so I wouldn't be surprised if this got cancelled.

If anything is to be cancelled it should be Dads which is awful on many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"