Bruce Lee's "Warrior" pitch being turned into a series by Justin Lin and Cinemax

I'm halfway through season one. I don't get CINEMAX, so couldn't watch it that way....but I found it on HBOmax. I like the idea of it being a rougher dirtier version of Carradine's KUNG FU.....just wish it had more Kung Fu master kicking the crap out of cowboys like the original series.

Mild spoiler (not really though)… each season has kind of a stand-alone “Western” storyline at about the midway point that lasts 1 or 2 episodes that takes a bit of a departure from the main story. It feels like a clear nod to the show’s roots. It might not be enough to satisfy your kung-fu western craving depending on how much you want to see but I think you’ll really enjoy those episodes.

Yeah I’m surprised they haven’t started filming yet, but I suppose COVID probably slowed production down and a show like this takes a lot of set building to prepare. Just glad it’s coming… eventually.

Dacascos portryas Kong Pak, the former leader of a newly absorbed, Long Zii-affiliated tong and Li Yong’s old friend and mentor.

Muirhead plays Yan Mi, the unassuming but shrewd daughter of a local print shop maker based in Chinatown.

:eek::mrk:

Yeah, Brotherhood of the Wolf is one of my favorite movies of all time. And Dacascos was one of the only things I liked in that last (kinda awful) John Wick movie. Glad he’s on this show; I’m sure he’ll kick a lot of ass.

I always thought Dacascos would've made a great live action Goku when he was younger. He has that playfulness but is a good martial artist. He also reminds me of Bob from Reboot.

Last edited:
I'd reckon we could see it next summer. Latest would be next Fall.

When I saw this thread being bumped up, I thought this was the next HBO Max series to get canned

‘Warrior’ Adds 10 Recurring Stars For Season 3; Telly Leung, Kevin Otto Among New Additions – Deadline

Telly Leung as Marcel, a nomadic Chinese nightclub singer, working on the Barbary Coast; Kevin Otto as Horace Clark, Bill’s (Kieran Bew) condescending brother-in-law and owner of a successful cement factory; Adam Rayner as Douglas Strickland III, a ruthless railroad baron and an old friend of Nellie’s husband; Nick Cordileone as Edmund Mosely, a Secret Service agent who comes to San Francisco to pursue an important case.

Dominique Maher as Catherine Archer, a political booster who takes an interest in Mayor Buckley; Neels Claasen as Benjamin Atwood, the newly-appointed Chief of the San Francisco Police; Sean Marco as Stewart Gumm, Mayor Buckley’s conniving right-hand man; Jazzara Jaslyn as Eliza Pendleton, a wealthy socialite who takes an interest in Mai Ling; Colin Moss as Franklin Thayer, a charismatic candidate for San Francisco Mayor; Sizo Mahlangu as Isaac, the ruthless lieutenant to Happy Jack and a notorious Barbary Coast gangster.

66A0A1FD-C0BF-4B3B-BCF1-A3710658E9BB.jpeg

Okay good. It looks we don’t have to worry about season 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"