Bruce Lee's "Warrior" pitch being turned into a series by Justin Lin and Cinemax

A little more than just a week now. I'm ready.

I could be wrong, but it looks like Joanna Vanderham will not be reprising the role of Penelope Blake this season. Given that her arc ended on rather dramatic cliffhanger, I was looking forward to seeing what came of that in later episodes. But oh well.

If she's not in it, it's a bit unfortunate that we wouldn't get to see more of Penelope Blake and the home where she saved all of those women, if only because I'd like to check in on Lai.

So, talking about Season 3 now that it's dropped- the series hasn't lost a beat with the fighting for one!

I love how Leary is finding out that, like any aspiring politician, it's easier to make promises and harder to deliver on them.

If she's not in it, it's a bit unfortunate that we wouldn't get to see more of Penelope Blake and the home where she saved all of those women, if only because I'd like to check in on Lai.

Penelope Blake is Ah Sahm's first love interest; she was framed for an attack on Buckley and sent to a mental institution at the conclusion of season 2. I think you might be confusing her with Nellie Davenport, Ah Toy's love interest. But yeah, I'm guessing that Vanderham (the actress who portrayed PB in seasons 1 and 2) couldn't return due to a scheduling conflict. Maybe next season, assuming the show gets renewed for a fourth one.

On another note, the season 3 finale was just incredible, an absolute thrill ride from start to finish! More importantly, it demonstrates that the show still has plenty of story left to tell.

I need more! :argh:

Last edited:
Penelope Blake is Ah Sahm's first love interest; she was framed for an attack on Buckley and sent to a mental institution at the conclusion of season 1. I think you might be confusing her with Nellie Davenport, Ah Toy's love interest. But yeah, I'm guessing that Vanderham (the actress who portrayed PB in season 1) couldn't return due to a scheduling conflict. Maybe next season, assuming the show gets renewed for a fourth one.

On another note, the season 3 finale was just incredible, an absolute thrill ride from start to finish! More importantly, it demonstrates that the show still has plenty of story left to tell.

I need more! :argh:

Yeah, you're right. Got them mix

Binged the whole season the past couple of days. Incredible. Absolutely incredible. This show NEEDS to be talked about more because it so well crafted.

I got GOOSEBUMPS during that final battle, wow! Andrew Koji is just a boss level badass. This show has arguably the best fight scenes on tv right now, period. But the acting, the story, the characters, the directing, every thing about this show is masterful.

We better get season 4.

Guess we all saw that coming. I knew that would be the news as soon as I saw the thread bumped. Damn it.

damn, can't say i'm surprised by this outcome.

i just finished watching season 3 and enjoyed it immensely.

hopefully it gets picked up by netflix for another season, since season 3 left some pretty big loose ends.

I'm not surprised unfortunately. I haven't seen the ratings, but I can imagine they lost a lot of viewers after taking that long of a break. Hopefully Netflix will give it a final season or movie to finish the story.

Yeah, I would say to anyone who hasn’t seen season 3 yet or is planning a binge of the entire show, wait until it’s on Netflix so you can boost its ratings there and hopefully we’ll get a final season.

Uuughhhhhh!!! It stings extra hard because the way season 3 ended theres NEEDS to be closure on that! Thats a Heck of a cliffhanger to end a series on :(

It sucks to hear about this getting cancelled, but it honestly doesn't surprise me considering this show seemed to really fly under the radar for the most part but hopefully it does get a second life on Netflix.

Speaking of Netflix I would recommend checking out The Brothers Sun if you're a fan of martial arts movies and shows like this although I do warn you that it is a bit more comedic than Warrior.

Its worth watching for Michelle Yeoh alone though.

Yeah, The Brothers Sun is awesome. Definitely a more comedic show than Warrior but the fight scenes are almost as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"