Lethal Weapon Reboot Series in the Works at WBTV and FOX

Why does Michelle Hurd keep playing unlikable characters?

She was also in Blind Spot as the Season 2 villain, again thoroughly unlikable.

And she was in that Justice League film back in the 90s as Fire.

Also, wasn't she meant to be playing Lacey in the Cagney and Lacey reboot? Fortunately that never saw the light of day. It sounded really bad. Who wants a whole show with her?

Well if he's getting too old for this shirt, then why didn't he leave before and let Clayne Crawford continue? It was all a matter of ego. He didn't know he was 58 and a diabetic before all of this happened?

Are they really going to find a replacement for him? It won't even be about Riggs and Murtaugh anymore but two completely separate characters. Maybe they'll end the series after these 13 episodes are up.

tumblr_n6ooa7sgQJ1s3hgsno1_250.gif

I mean, really? He couldn't have decided this months ago, potentially allowing them to keep Clayne on?

I mean, really? He couldn't have decided this months ago, potentially allowing them to keep Clayne on?

I bet he really knew back then, but didn't care and still wanted Crawford to be fired anyway, even if he was actually leaving shortly. As I said above, it was all a matter of ego. Get him fired even if Wayans isn't even going to be working there anymore.

It's not like he just realised last week "Gosh, I'm 58 and I have diabetes! How did that happen??"

This was my first thought. Now I'm starting to believe that maybe Clayne was right and Wayans was the one with the problem. I actually thought out of the two, Wayans would have been the easiest to replace. I guess this show is dead in the water now. Also feel sorry for Seann William Scott who possibly saw this as his chance to have a comeback.

Sorry to hear about all of this chaos.
A lethal Weapon TV Series isn't a bad idea.
I wish that it had worked out better.

Fox would've been better off canning both guys and just casting a new Riggs and Murtaugh.

If audiences can accept a Riggs and Murtaugh that aren't Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, they can accept a change like this after just two seasons.

Fox would've been better off canning both guys and just casting a new Riggs and Murtaugh.

If audiences can accept a Riggs and Murtaugh that aren't Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, they can accept a change like this after just two seasons.

I was thinking this very thing. They could've just rebooted (yet again) and had a new set of leads playing the same characters.

When neither of the actual characters are in it anymore, then is it really Lethal Weapon at all? It's just a random police procedural trading on the Lethal Weapon name.

The casting was so spot on with this show that the guy playing Riggs got fired for supposedly being crazy/out of control and the guy playing Murtaugh quit because he's "too old for this ****".

Alanis Morisette needs to write a song about them.

I don't think Wayans really cared about the show. He probably had an idea that he'd be leaving, but decided to use his clout to get rid of Crawford just because he could. He also made the show runners waste all this time looking for a replacement for Crawford only to then drop this bombshell himself.

Would the network have even renewed the show if they knew Wayans was going to leave?

It's a good thing Sean William Scott has multiple projects lined up in case this show is canceled :o

I always thought that they should have gotten rid of Wayans instead of Crawford, and now I guess that's been proven to have been the choice they made. I just wish that they had left the door open for Riggs to come back :(

I always thought that they should have gotten rid of Wayans instead of Crawford, and now I guess that's been proven to have been the choice they made. I just wish that they had left the door open for Riggs to come back :(

That's impossible now.

It would've been easier to create a brother for Murtaugh than it would be to create another loose cannon who is another "lethal weapon". What is the likelihood that there are all these highly unpredictable cops? But it's more likely that there are more by-the-book cops.

I think they should've just rebooted. Now it seems they'll just have to end it. This seems to be the final nail in the coffin with Wayans leaving. At a certain point it's no longer even the original premise of the series.

If they wanted Sean William Scott to stay on, just turn it into a spin-off. Don't call it Lethal Weapon anymore. Anyone tuning in for the first time after December would be surprised to find that none of the characters from the movie are actually in it.

LWINO :o

Absolute dick move by Wayans. He smeared Crawford's name and reputation, threw a temper tantrum until CC got fired, and then up and quits after the 2nd episode aired. Then to top it off, today is Seann William Scott's birthday. I think this sort of proves Crawford's claims that Wayans was a big part of the issues plaguing the show. He should have known that working on a 1-hour action cop drama would be a lot more demanding than a half-hour comedy. If he no longer wanted to be on the show, he should have left sooner and let Crawford carry the show going forward. But instead, his ego got in the way and now the cast and crew will likely all be out of jobs sooner rather than later. What little respect I had left for DW is completely gone.

Such a prima donna bench boy. He gets the other lead actor fired and replaced and then he pulls this shirt. I hope the tv industry totally black balls him for this BS.

Does he not think that everyone else in the industry will see through this and look upon him badly? Or maybe he genuinely doesn't think that will be the case.

What if, after Wayans leaves, they get Crawford back and say that Riggs faked his own death all along?

Last edited:
Does he not think that everyone else in the industry will see through this and look upon him badly? Or maybe he genuinely doesn't think that will be the case.

What if, after Wayans leaves, they get Crawford back and say that Riggs faked his own death all along?
At this point, I doubt Wayans cares if he ever works again as he's made his money and could happily retire without any worry of going broke. Same can't be said of the rest of the cast and crew but I doubt Wayans gives a hoot about them.

At this point, I doubt Crawford would want to come back and the show just deserves to fade away.

If I was Crawford I'd want to return if I enjoyed the work, but, and this is a big but, Fox asking him back would be like a cheating ex trying to get back with the person they cheated on. Fox betrayed Crawford. They did him shirtty and caved to Wayan's BS. I get why they did it, but it doesnt make it respectful or right. Didnt make it smart either. They chose to side with a prima donna over Crawford and now they are paying for that. So if I was Crawford I'd feel a bit dirty going back to the show. I'd feel like I was giving into Fox and giving them something they dont really deserve at this point.

And Fox may even not be shameless enough to ask Crawford back.

If I was Crawford I'd want to return if I enjoyed the work, but, and this is a big but, Fox asking him back would be like a cheating ex trying to get back with the person they cheated on. Fox betrayed Crawford. They did him ****ty and caved to Wayan's BS. I get why they did it, but it doesnt make it respectful or right. Didnt make it smart either. They chose to side with a prima donna over Crawford and now they are paying for that. So if I was Crawford I'd feel a bit dirty going back to the show. I'd feel like I was giving into Fox and giving them something they dont really deserve at this point.

At this point, I think they'll cancel it so they have an extra timeslot open for when they start changing over to New FOX after the Fox-Disney merger is completed. They have a bunch of other aging and/or low-rated series that'll likely end during or after this TV season so they'll have a bunch of openings in which to start scheduling more live sports and reality TV.

If I was Crawford I'd want to return if I enjoyed the work, but, and this is a big but, Fox asking him back would be like a cheating ex trying to get back with the person they cheated on. Fox betrayed Crawford. They did him ****ty and caved to Wayan's BS. I get why they did it, but it doesnt make it respectful or right. Didnt make it smart either. They chose to side with a prima donna over Crawford and now they are paying for that. So if I was Crawford I'd feel a bit dirty going back to the show. I'd feel like I was giving into Fox and giving them something they dont really deserve at this point.

Well he could look at it as giving Wayans the middle finger by being back on the show that Wayans got him fired from rather than thinking of it as helping Fox out.

It would be especially the case if they killed off Murtaugh and brought Riggs back from the dead in his place.

Wayans threatened to walk before if Crawford wasn't fired. How would he feel now if he saw that it didn't stick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"