Bruce Timm steps down as DC Animation Producer...?

:hmm

Waka waka.

Just wait for the announcement. It's imminent. He'll be a consultant on the upcoming DC film slate. Seriously who would be better for that role? Christopher Nolan and Bruce Timm. WB won't be able to do wrong.

Bruce is the man. I wish I could personally thank him for what he did for Batman, comics, and entertainment.

Just wait for the announcement. It's imminent. He'll be a consultant on the upcoming DC film slate. Seriously who would be better for that role? Christopher Nolan and Bruce Timm. WB won't be able to do wrong.

I'd be more happy over Timm's involvement than Nolan's, but that'd be incredible.

I'd also like him to get a full time comic gig... It was his first dream after all.

Can't blame him. Must get boring only being able to do batman and superman dtvs

Update: A Warner Bros. rep has written to clarify that Timm has not left Warners entirely. He has stepped down from his role as a supervising producer for the DC Universe Animated DVDs.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44577

Bruce Timm continues his amazing work at Warner Bros. He's only taking a break from DCU films to develop more of the stuff you love.

https://twitter.com/SuperPRGuy

I'm glad he's staying at WB... and it sounds like he has some interesting projects in the pipeline.

Good for him.

The guy deserves a vacation. Good for him, Bruce Timm is honestly a hero to me and inspiration to leave my job and follow my dreams.

Imagine that pairing' the movie couldn't go wrong!!!

Best of luck to him, and I eagerly await his triumphant return! :)

Why is that site that cannot be mentioned claiming he's developing a new Justice League cartoon, specifically one that's within or a continuation of the Timmiverse, set to coincide with the JL movie's release, when there is no link for that anywhere? Unless I missed something. That's a complete fabrication on their part, where are they getting this information?

Why is that site that cannot be mentioned claiming he's developing a new Justice League cartoon, specifically one that's within or a continuation of the Timmiverse, set to coincide with the JL movie's release, when there is no link for that anywhere? Unless I missed something. That's a complete fabrication on their part, where are they getting this information?

Yeah sounds fabricated to me, if he is doing a new JL cartoon I highly doubt it will be set in the Timmverse.

Yeah sounds fabricated to me, if he is doing a new JL cartoon I highly doubt it will be set in the Timmverse.

That's what I was thinking. Because wouldn't they want the lineup to be that of the live action JL film? Not that we know what that is yet, but that would mean the live action roster is the same as the Timmiverse roster, and it seems unlikely that the movie will do all of the same members he did on the JL show originally. And if they want the new cartoon to coincide with the release of the JL film as some are speculating, wouldn't that mean they'd want to use the same movie lineup as on the show? Just my thoughts on that.

That's what I was thinking. Because wouldn't they want the lineup to be that of the live action JL film? Not that we know what that is yet, but that would mean the live action roster is the same as the Timmiverse roster, and it seems unlikely that the movie will do all of the same members he did on the JL show originally. And if they want the new cartoon to coincide with the release of the JL film as some are speculating, wouldn't that mean they'd want to use the same movie lineup as on the show? Just my thoughts on that.

Yeah that's what I think too. Tbh if they do a JL animated series i think they should base it off the New 52 version.

Yeah that's what I think too. Tbh if they do a JL animated series i think they should base it off the New 52 version.

I say New 52 version, but ditch the "new" costumes. No armor, collars, and lack of "undies", please. Give everybody their real suits.

Frankly... I'd be surprised if Timm wanted to go back to JL/U. He ended it pretty definitely.

The laast he mentioned the DCAU though, he did say it wasn't ''dead'', just in ''suspended animation''.

Who knows what he's thinking.

I would absolutely LOVE more Justice League, especially within the Timmverse. The only thing is, they pretty much gave us a definitive ending to their story, I'm wondering what more they would do at this point?

I thought he had ended the "Timmiverse" JL/JLU too, but if he wants to revisit it I'm sure it'd be great. I can't imagine anyone who'd say no to that. But I somehow doubt he's going to go back and continue that, and that it will instead be something new.

I'd think if he was going to revisit the DCAU... it would be for a Batman Beyond movie.

It could be a way to tell the story of Nightwing.

I'd think if he was going to revisit the DCAU... it would be for a Batman Beyond movie.

It could be a way to tell the story of Nightwing.

I thought they already told Nightwing's story in the DCAU though in an episode of Batman: TAS?

Yes they did it was called Old Wounds, season 4 of the New Batman Animated Series

^^ Yep that was the name of it. Good show. All of Batman: TAS is great. I like the original art style the best, but I'm also a big fan of the redesigned Tim Drake costume.

I thought they already told Nightwing's story in the DCAU though in an episode of Batman: TAS?

Yeah but what happened after he went to bludhaven...Why don't they don't talk in Batman Beyond?

It would be nice to explore that.

tumblr_m1itudiDjm1rns5qpo1_250_zps782a1e7d.gif

tumblr_m1itudiDjm1rns5qpo2_250_zps342e3e64.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"