Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they could change Rogue's attitude in the X-Men movies. I don't think she is gonna be feisty and outgoing like in the comics/cartoons. But they definitely could improve her fight scenes especially she has the ability of copying powers from other mutants.

Why couldnt they change her personality a bit? She would live in a post apocolyptic world so it wouldnt be that out of the box for her demeanor to have hardened.

and if the future is set in 2010-2013 or so, many years have passed since X3, so Rogue would haved mature all this time.

She cant be the same shy and afraid young girl all her life, you know? Lol

between X3 and Days of future past, if Rogue stayed with the x-men, she wil have had some missions here and there, and various danger room sessions, so DOFP Rogue CANT be the same Rogue as X3.

NO character can act the same as X3. Things have changed sooo much, and all the x-men inevitably have matured

;)

I don't think they could change Rogue's attitude in the X-Men movies. I don't think she is gonna be feisty and outgoing like in the comics/cartoons. But they definitely could improve her fight scenes especially she has the ability of copying powers from other mutants.

If her powers returned, that would be a journey of self-acceptance and toughening up a bit to deal with it. It would make her a bit more sassy and spirited once she had accepted her fate, and then the harsh realities of a dystopian mutant-hunting world would harden her a bit more if she was going to survive.

I guess they could change her personality a bit especially given the circumstances that these characters will have to face in the future. But I'm just not sure if Bryan Singer would do that treatment to Rogue. But hey. if they managed to give young Mystique a different personality compare to the original Mystique, anything is possible.

Speaking of Mystique I was watching First Class the other day and noticed something. During the beach scene Mystique limps towards Charles and Erik despite the fact that she had no need to. She never got into a fight or anything. I don't understand why she's limping. (I know it's not the X-Jet crash as pretty much everyone else seemed to be walking fine after thatcrash)

They could show that whenever Rogue touches someone, she absorbs their personality as well = feisty and sassy Rogue. They hinted at this at the end of X-men when Logan asked Jean how Rogue is doing after the Liberty incident "She's fine, she's gained some of your charming personality traits for a while." (I'm sure I butchered that dialogue!)

That and byran himself even did an interview shortly after X2 saying he really wanted to develop Rogue into a more imposing character in X3. Since thather never came to beher this wouldbecause be thethe perfect opportunity to make rogue more bad ass. Anna even said she wanted Rogue to be closer to the comics in action at least and that she wanted more action in X3 (poor girl).

They could show that whenever Rogue touches someone, she absorbs their personality as well = feisty and sassy Rogue. They hinted at this at the end of X-men when Logan asked Jean how Rogue is doing after the Liberty incident "She's fine, she's gained some of your charming personality traits for a while." (I'm sure I butchered that dialogue!)

exactly! I used to remember that part of X1, but from time to time I end forgeting it, lol

Id love to see Rogue getting other mutants memories, that would be a whole new stuff for the character and could be really really usefull for any plot on the movies.

I dont understand why they havent adressed that

Id love to see Rogue getting other mutants memories, that would be a whole new stuff for the character and could be really really usefull for any plot on the movies.

I don't understand why they havent adressed that

The thing with these movies is they just can't bring up all the abilities that the mutants can do. For example, Callisto didn't have her tentacles (and I was really looking forward to it), Angel's healing ability, Angel Salvadore's ice powers and Magneto's force fields.

I almost forgot that Rogue had the ability to absorb other people's memories if you didn't mention it. They probably didn't use it because Professor X and Jean Grey already had the ability to read people's thoughts and memories.

The thing with these movies is they just can't bring up all the abilities that the mutants can do. For example, Callisto didn't have her tentacles (and I was really looking forward to it), Angel's healing ability, Angel Salvadore's ice powers and Magneto's force fields.

I almost forgot that Rogue had the ability to absorb other people's memories if you didn't mention it. They probably didn't use it because Professor X and Jean Grey already had the ability to read people's thoughts and memories.

Not so bothered about those additional abilities, except for Magneto's force fields. The closest we got to the forcefield bubble he used in the cartoons was the spherical energy around his mutation machine in X1, which i thought was brilliant.

I guess the absence of his forcefield at least leaves something new for Polaris to do, if ever she makes it into the movies.

Well, that's after a prolonged absorption that brought Logan to the brink of death, not a casual one.

Well, that's after a prolonged absorption that brought Logan to the brink of death, not a casual one.

Which is how they can introduce the Ms. Marvel power-up for Rogue? Have them say her absorbing Ms. Marvel, or any mutant for that matter, nearly killing her (can be done offscreen, years before DOFP) has profoundly changed her, both in power levels and personality.

But again that's if they want to give Rogue her other powers.

For sh**s and giggles I bet :p

**I know they're friends.

i love rouge especially animated series rogue but more i think about it i am glad she doesn't have ms. marvel powers in film she is just too damn powerful

she would outshine every x men

super flight
super strength
invulnerability
ability to steal your powers or kill you by her touch

come on now lol

as long as she flies one day, I'll be happy.

I mean, she could easily steal Storm's and Logan's power and we would have Rogue's flying and attacking the enemies with lightings and in case someone attacks her, she would cure herself.

Perfect solution. simple, and perfect.

Rogue permanently or even temporariily absorbing that useless Juggernaut in X3 was a missed opportunity.

maybe one mutant has superstrenght on DOFP :D

Anyone ever thought about the possibility that the time traveler is already among the X-Men? Like say, Havok?

To avoid arguement.Very little chance they would give a crutical role to secondary character In first Class and not have some kind of crossover between First Class and
trilogy cats.

Are you suggesting an older actor from the future playing Havok time-travel to the past?

Are you suggesting an older actor from the future playing Havok time-travel to the past?
No, suggesting that Havok is already the time traveler throughout First Class.

It would not only appease those who are still annoyed by him being "older" than Scott, since he no longer would be. But it would also give him a sense of importance, since his role in First Class is pretty thankless.

It would also explain why everything about him in FC is so... unsixties.

I think he means the Havok from FC is someone from the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"