Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever thought about the possibility that the time traveler is already among the X-Men? Like say, Havok?

Ive thought about one of them possibly appearing in the future, but not about traveling back, with his mind for example, or in any form.

if Singer is too in love with his original cast, Im afraid one of them will travel back, not any other character, but this franchise shouldnt work just around what Singer loves the most, I think.

If Fox wants to expand the x-men universe, its about time they really start expanding it, not using the same characters over and over and over.

Of course some fans wont agree with this, but this is how it should be done. the lesser stars of the original trilogy should start shining on this sequel, the same with the x-men from the 60s. They should make sure that the audience starts caring about the new characters or the secondary x-men from OT. We wont have Wolverine and Storm for the rest of our lifes, you know.

A balance is the key to a successful and well done franchise.

Oh yea I get your point. But it's too much out of nowhere, I think. Plus if his supposed mission is of such importance, you would think he would mention it ASAP instead of constantly making fun of Beast.

It they stick to DOFP somewhat the time traveler will be someone from Bryan Singer's past X-Men films(X-Men/X2) If they deport majorlly from storyline I wouldn't put It past them
to have a few of surviving mutants travel back In time.

Oh yea I get your point. But it's too much out of nowhere, I think. Plus if his supposed mission is of such importance, you would think he would mention it ASAP instead of constantly making fun of Beast.

Perhaps his mission is to blend in with the X-Men as much as possible and try to change the future himself without letting anyone know who he really is. But something happens and he's forced to reveal the truth to Xavier.

I would have liked Havok being the traveler if young Scott was in the 60's and Havok wouldnt have been introduced on FC. but since he was, now I think it would seem forced and hardly believeable.

At the same time, the sequel wont have then an actual time travel during the movie, at least not in "present time" for the viewers. they could show it on a flashback, but it wouldnt have the same impact definetly

Which is how they can introduce the Ms. Marvel power-up for Rogue? Have them say her absorbing Ms. Marvel, or any mutant for that matter, nearly killing her (can be done offscreen, years before DOFP) has profoundly changed her, both in power levels and personality.

But again that's if they want to give Rogue her other powers.

Marvel Studios owns Ms. Marvel though. I say make her like a diet version of her current incarnation in the comics.

The time traveler/s of the movie are likely going from the original trilogy or at least someone that the original team met in their timeline. And Havok being the time-traveler would be really random especially he was only a second character in First Class. If there's going to be a time traveler, it will be either someone that a huge role in the past movies or a new major character.

Marvel Studios owns Ms. Marvel though. I say make her like a diet version of her current incarnation in the comics.

But you don't NEED Ms Marvel to give Rogue her powers...it could be explained in dialogue...

"Since the war I've been stocking up on people's powers..." something like that

They could also say the cure caused the mutants that took it to undergo a secondary mutation.

Ykno, I'd love to see Gambit & Rogue together in this future/alternate reality whatever. I could see Singer bringing back Kitsch...

Ykno, I'd love to see Gambit & Rogue together in this future/alternate reality whatever. I could see Singer bringing back Kitsch...

you know what, I thought yesterday exactly about this right thing.

What if the x-men from the future are Wolverine, Storm, Rogue and Gambit?

:wow:

I remembered that Singer said sometime ago that this sequel is a celebration of ALL past movies

I found that a bit interesting now. What if Singer wants to get Gambit back?
this can sound like a joke to some, but since Singer is gay, like many x-men fans too, maybe he like Taylor both as an actor and as Gambit.

Many fans liked his version, even if it wasnt perfect, but many said he was one of the best things of that movie.

I would be SHOCKED if Singer confirms Anna and Taylor, lol, and of course, would be super excited about it

who knows?? :woot:

Last edited:
I can almost see it kind of like the "One Man's Worth" episode of TAS, where Logan and Storm are together...
Oh but that's good, replacing Kitty and Colossus with Rogue and Gambit would be great...

But you don't NEED Ms Marvel to give Rogue her powers...it could be explained in dialogue...

"Since the war I've been stocking up on people's powers..." something like that

Stocking up? You make her sound like a supermarket!

If she is going to have additional powers, I think we need to see her get them. The audience would be confused otherwise.

True, maybe have a scene at the beginning where a woman with Ms Marvel powers is dying under rubble and Rogue takes her powers and puts her out of her misery...then proceeds to fly up and punch a Sentinel in the head.

Perhaps his mission is to blend in with the X-Men as much as possible and try to change the future himself without letting anyone know who he really is. But something happens and he's forced to reveal the truth to Xavier.

That's an interesting workaround for the continuity issue created by Havok, but it seems a bit contrived.

Far better, I think, to have Havok end up in the future with Marsden's Cyclops, where he would be the younger brother.

That depends on the story ending up with First Class characters going into the future (as in All-New X-Men) rather than the series staying in the 60s/70s/80s.

True, maybe have a scene at the beginning where a woman with Ms Marvel powers is dying under rubble and Rogue takes her powers and puts her out of her misery...then proceeds to fly up and punch a Sentinel in the head.

I already suggested something like that. But I do think that suddenly showing Anna Paquin's Rogue flying around punching through walls and buildings might be a huge leap.

Maybe it's better to see creative use of her power absorption abilities, which she has hopefully now mastered. If Storm was zapped from the skies and left injured, or if Colossus was felled, then maybe she could borrow strength and flight from them for an action scene? It somehow seems a more logical progression.

That's an interesting workaround for the continuity issue created by Havok, but it seems a bit contrived.

Far better, I think, to have Havok end up in the future with Marsden's Cyclops, where he would be the younger brother.

That depends on the story ending up with First Class characters going into the future (as in All-New X-Men) rather than the series staying in the 60s/70s/80s.

I thought of that, but I feel like that is a far more contrived workaround.

I thought of that, but I feel like that is a far more contrived workaround.

Well, I guess it depends on what they decide to do and how they do it.

Everything about Havok didn't fit, to be honest. Not just his placement in the 60s prior to Cyclops being at the school, and his non-60s persona (especially saying 'Whatever' when the other kids were trying to peek round the corner to watch his power demonstration), but also his power display (red energy, hula hoops, thrusting his chest out to fire blasts). It was all very wrong. I can't believe they made such an almighty screw-up. A quick look on Google indicates how his power should look, never mind that they should be looking at the comics where it's all pretty obvious.

Well, I guess it depends on what they decide to do and how they do it.

Everything about Havok didn't fit, to be honest. Not just his placement in the 60s prior to Cyclops being at the school, and his non-60s persona (especially saying 'Whatever' when the other kids were trying to peek round the corner to watch his power demonstration), but also his power display (red energy, hula hoops, thrusting his chest out to fire blasts). It was all very wrong. I can't believe they made such an almighty screw-up. A quick look on Google indicates how his power should look, never mind that they should be looking at the comics where it's all pretty obvious.

That's what bugs me the most honestly. There's really nothing 60's about him at all. And I HATE the scene at the CIA where we see his contemporary undergarments under his clothes. :doh:

If they ever decide to use Juggernaut again, (probably not in this movie) would people prefer an actor portray him, like in Last Stand, or do a CGI Juggernaut with a mo-cap suit? Just curious.

Also, will there be a senator Kelly in Days of the Future Past?

That's what bugs me the most honestly. There's really nothing 60's about him at all. And I HATE the scene at the CIA where we see his contemporary undergarments under his clothes. :doh:

Time travel twist... he's from the future.

You all are going to deal with the fact Havok was In First Class.

The time traveler( Or travelers) will be character or characters from Trilogy.

They are doing DOFP 1:Because they have been wanting to do the storyline and 2:To create a crossover event.

Don't you get tired of posting the same thing over and over... and over again? We're simply speculating because the film is still 2 years away. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"