Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:huh: "Kevin Bacon's" Sebastian Shaw? You say that as though Sebastian Shaw doesn't come across as a Bond villain already. Shaw is the wealthy leader of a secret organization of evil mutants, the Hellfire club, hellbent on world domination. He is known as the Black King, has a pony tail, and wears Victorian garb. His appearance, in the books, is based on Robert Shaw, an English actor, who plays a villain in From Russia with Love, a Bond film. The Hellfire Club is inspired by the 1960s British television show, The Avengers.

First Class may not be a Bond film, but it is an X-Men film--an X-Men film based on the X-Men comic books. And if the books point to anything, it's that Sebastian Shaw is very much inspired by, and a representation of, Bond-like villains of that time.

Last edited:
You do have a good point BMM, which is probably why I never liked Shaw and the Hellfire Club.

Meh I could've done without the Bond vibe of FC.

Last edited:
That was mostly Matthew Vaughn.In fact he came off In interviews more Intrested In
Doing a 1960's bond like film than doing a X-men film.

I loved the Bond vibe...but it should have more of a Terminator vibe this time.

The way Rogue STOLE powers from random mutants (and especially her friends) in X-men Evolution always bugged me. You almost lose all sympathy towards her.

IIRC she only did that when she was in her "wild card" phase in the first few episodes, by accident, or while possessed. Most of the time she just relied on her normal abilities.

I'd rather have these X-Men movies to have their own vibe than to feel like a Terminator or James Bond movie.

such a solid point.

I guess its nice to see some inspiration on iconic franchises, both to the critics and certain fans, but yes, Bryan should find an unique vibe for this franchise for the next sequels, so later in the century, the cinema lovers could say: this has a X-men vibe.

That would be such an amazing achievement for a director.

A Days of Future Past storyline is going to have a Terminator feel to it no matter what. How could a dark bleak future ruled by robots NOT have that kind of feel?

:huh: "Kevin Bacon's" Sebastian Shaw? You say that as though Sebastian Shaw doesn't come across as a Bond villain already. Shaw is the wealthy leader of a secret organization of evil mutants, the Hellfire club, hellbent on world domination. He is known as the Black King, has a pony tail, and wears Victorian garb. His appearance, in the books, is based on Robert Shaw, an English actor, who plays a villain in From Russia with Love, a Bond film. The Hellfire Club is inspired by the 1960s British television show, The Avengers.

First Class may not be a Bond film, but it is an X-Men film--an X-Men film based on the X-Men comic books. And if the books point to anything, it's that Sebastian Shaw is very much inspired by, and a representation of, Bond-like villains of that time.

Preach it!

You do have a good point BMM, which is probably why I never liked Shaw and the Hellfire Club.

Meh I could've done without the Bond vibe of FC.

Understandable. It definitely gives the film a different vibe, though the Bond-like Erik scenes are some of my favorites.

I'm a huge Bond-fan, so the Bond feel of First Class is one of my favorite things about it. Vaughn and the production designers really captured that stylishly sexy Ken Adams feel.

Fassbender should be the next Bond. He's perfect.

A Days of Future Past storyline is going to have a Terminator feel to it no matter what. How could a dark bleak future ruled by robots NOT have that kind of feel?

So was The Matrix, but it didn't feel like a Terminator movie.

I think Bryan already has his own style and he will make sure that seeps through. He is aware of the similarities this bears to trminator so he'll make sure to set a tone that contrasts it greatly

I think Bryan already has his own style and he will make sure that seeps through. He is aware of the similarities this bears to trminator so he'll make sure to set a tone that contrasts it greatly

I like this positive thinking. Bryan will put his own style, that's for sure. He doesnt seem to be the type of guy who copies others styles, so lets hope he brings something new and a bit original taking into account the circunstances

I expect Bryan to bring contunity from X-Men and X2 and of course First Class to Days of future past.It will be his own style brought to future and 1960's.Bryan's style In 1960's will be different than Matthew Vaughn's style In First Class.Expect less of Bond style In DOFP.

-_- I'm not the biggest fan of Brian Singer, but I just hope we get an amazing X-Men film. X2 is still my favorite X-Men movie to date (well executed and included the start of the Phoenix story); however, X1 was severely underwhelming (which is probably why X2 was such a pleasant surprise for me) and Superman Returns was outright dreadful.

I will say one thing, I still would like to see how Brian Singer would have handled the Phoenix story. He took X2 to a very interesting place even though I severely hated Striker as the main antagonist and how Wolverine seems like the star of 95% of every X-Men movie ever made. Even in First Class they had to force his character in somewhere...even if it was for a few seconds.

My indifference to Brian Singer aside; I just want the movie to be great.

I think.... I think I'm ALMOST ready to join the X-Men Hype train again... X3 and Wolverine killed me.... just absolutely killed all the joy inside me but... I'm nearly ready.

I just don't want to be hurt again

On one hand, it's like when Bryan Singe left, my parents got divorced or something... and then X-men 3 was a dukeebag my mum dated as a rebound and then X-Men Origins Wolverine was an alcoholic, physically and emotionally abusive boyfriend... and then with X-Men First Class, it was different, not quite the same as it had been before dad left but for some reason it worked and we were happy, for the most part (if not still a little scarred with bad memories).

Now it's like all of a sudden Dad has come back and gotten together with Mum again, but he's also in an open relationship with our NEW parents... so it's a big, weird orgy of biological parents and step parents and I don't know how to feel about that...

On the other hand... Time travel.

On one hand, it's like when Bryan Singe left, my parents got divorced or something... and then X-men 3 was a dukeebag my mum dated as a rebound and then X-Men Origins Wolverine was an alcoholic, physically and emotionally abusive boyfriend... and then with X-Men First Class, it was different, not quite the same as it had been before dad left but for some reason it worked and we were happy, for the most part (if not still a little scarred with bad memories).

Now it's like all of a sudden Dad has come back and gotten together with Mum again, but he's also in an open relationship with our NEW parents... so it's a big, weird orgy of biological parents and step parents and I don't know how to feel about that...

:lmao:

With comments like that I can never let you go again.

Having seen 3-d version of Hobbit last night If Bryan Singer shoots DOFP like the hobbit we could be In for something good.

By the way at my theatrer we got a 3-d trailer for Jack The Giant Slayer.

In Mis films you almost have to laugh at some with crazy comments like calling all X-Men
films medicore,and thinking Fox would just turn over X-Men to Disney for small percent of profits like paramount did for the avengers and Iron Man 3.

As much as I enjoy "Wolverine," damn this is funny. Post of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"