Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also gave great...um, tongue. LOL :funny:

That's the thing, though. I know you're joking, but I don't think he had that tongue before X1.

The first X-men totally changed toad.They even changed him In comics to match.X-Men evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men versions of toad are compastes of comic and film toads.

That really shows how influential movies can be.

I'm serious, he only leaped in the comics. Singer pretty much made a brand new badass character and called him Toad. Comic Toad was a pathetic yes men for Magneto. Movie toad had that tongue and that crazy slime spit ****. :eek:

When Toad does that little dance, that's easily one of my favorite moments from X1.

[YT]GawpDBil4cI[/YT]

I'm pretty sure he had toad like powers during Rob Liefelds run on Xforce...I seem to recall him excreting a hallucinogen.

I also recall him throwing a green slime ball in the one episode he was in for TAS.

I'm serious, he only leaped in the comics. Singer pretty much made a brand new badass character and called him Toad. Comic Toad was a pathetic yes men for Magneto. Movie toad had that tongue and that crazy slime spit ****. :eek:

Which brings up the inevitable question (to me at least): Why the **** was Toad in that First line of Marvel Legends action figures from Toybiz? :cmad:

But poor Jean :( it must suck having green slime on ur face no matter how hard it is to get it off of your face...Famke freaking out was fun to watch. At least she had Cyclops to blast the slime off her face. haha.

Yeah, that does suck for Jean. It's basically the equivalent of having snot sneezed on your face, then having it harden. Jean probably would have suffocated if Scott hadn't blasted that hardened slime off.

I hold my breath every time that happens until Scott saves her. I've never successfully made it, so I'm surprised she was able to. LOL

I just tried it. I don't have the lung capacity anymore.... 45 seconds... :(

OH, it has been YEARS since i had posted on here but I couldn't resist, as I came up with some crazy idea.

Thinking back to Bryan's original idea for X3 and the inclusion of the Hell Fire Club in XFC, What if Emma doesn't have a past version in this movie (bye bye January) and only has a future version...Sigourney Weaver anyone? Potentially setting up for the fixed timeline at the end of the movie. Magneto incapacitated (hint around that she and magneto has a huge falling out) and her stepping back into the picture, pulling the strings behind Scott and Jean? Cliffhangers need to be a staple in these movies seeing how successful they have been in MCFU.

Think about it, would past Emma just sit around quietly and obey Magneto, the guy that almost shattered her? The themes of the last movie made her seem like a lackey by society's culture. Why not have her in the shadows a few years.

Also, I don't see a point in Moria returning, Xavier erased her memory, though i believe he does keep in contact with her, she knows nothing of his mutants at that day in age and eventually leads to the woman we saw at the end of X3.

Jean was probably trained to hold her breath and s**t like that by Professor X. Plus, the girl's clearly a swimmer... LOL

OH, it has been YEARS since i had posted on here but I couldn't resist, as I came up with some crazy idea.

Thinking back to Bryan's original idea for X3 and the inclusion of the Hell Fire Club in XFC, What if Emma doesn't have a past version in this movie (bye bye January) and only has a future version...Sigourney Weaver anyone? Potentially setting up for the fixed timeline at the end of the movie. Magneto incapacitated (hint around that she and magneto has a huge falling out) and her stepping back into the picture, pulling the strings behind Scott and Jean? Cliffhangers need to be a staple in these movies seeing how successful they have been in MCFU.

Think about it, would past Emma just sit around quietly and obey Magneto, the guy that almost shattered her? The themes of the last movie made her seem like a lackey by society's culture. Why not have her in the shadows a few years.

Also, I don't see a point in Moria returning, Xavier erased her memory, though i believe he does keep in contact with her, she knows nothing of his mutants at that day in age and eventually leads to the woman we saw at the end of X3.

Now that's a good idea! I always liked the idea of Sigourney
Weaver as Emma Frost. If she can still look as good as she did in galaxy quest as the buxom blond then hellz yeah to thay idea.

We really lack some badass Cyclops moments in the OT...

I think the only really badass moment was when he took out the security guards.

Wow I didn't know that!

The tongue attack and the spit attack were actually cool!

This wold be amazing.

Damn. Nice.

:up:

we already seen the wheel chairs so thats doubtful to happen

You never know -- the wheel chair could be part of the projection. And what's up with Magneto being in a wheel chair in the DofP comic as well? Not sayin' that's what they'll be going for but that just comes to mind.

if brian wants to keep Xavier and magneto in the same roles in both time periods chances are no projection

I'm thinking of it in a bit more Cloud Atlas sort of way -- they'll all have their own roles in their own designated timelines. So Prof X and Magneto in the future will stay in the future, and we're potentially looking at some major extended stuff in the future.

If Singer is clever enough, he'd balance the action/drama by showing how specific events in the past are occurring that ripples across time and effects the events in the future -- so let's say in an action sequence, by taking a chapter from Looper, we have past-story directly effecting future-story in real narrative time (if that makes any sense) for the sake of crazy cinema.

Somehow I don't see the whole future X-Men team going back in time to do some ****... I imagine there will be two parallel storylines, one with the time traveler and the FC X-Men (And Brotherhood), the other one in the future with the old trilogy mutants.

No they'll have to be a lot more subtle than that if they want to engage the audience. If it's properly made, then both "casts" will be given their fair share of screen presence so that it doesn't feel like original-cast returning to new-cast or one cast cameoing around. Ideally speaking, it'd feel like an X-Men movie.

Ideally speaking, we wouldn't really care if we're looking at Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy or Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian -- we'd be looking at the characters and it'd all be seamless.

I doubt we'll be getting that though.

so far there doesn't seem to be any FC mutants returning apart from beast, raven,xavier and magneto, am not sure thats enough to hold up the 70s stuff even with an added time traveler

it would defo feel like the future stuff has the better deal

They have the privilege of cherry-picking their favourites. Don't see anything wrong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"