Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He haven't had a great film since X2, hopefully DOFP will be his greatest film.

oh yah and the obsession with Previz lol... at every single featurette or behind the scenes on the film, he's always obsessed with previz this previz that, all the way from X-2 to Superman Returns to even Valkyrie and even the mockumentary prank featurette when he went to "direct" King Kong and kept on telling Peter that if he needs pre viz people he can give it to them... lol

Not sure how you can say 'it's supposed to be like that in the movie' since they may well opt for another scenario than just hinting at it being an alternate future. I'm sure it will begin as though it's just the one and only future, to create suspense and a sense of real risk/threat, but we may find things change later on in the film.

In the comic, it's obviously an alternative future because of the existence of Rachel Summers, and Scott and Jean never had a child. Rachel wasn't revealed to be a Summers at the time, if i recall correctly, but nonetheless it was clearly intended (and later revealed) to be an alternate timeline by the revelation of her being Scott and Jean's offspring. (Jean was dead in the comics at that point as well).

The story ended pretty clearly with the idea that the future we had just glimpsed may or may not have been altered -- the 2013 characters themselves voice this concern. That was an integral part of the theme; especially with Kitty's character (who is central to the story itself). That's why I'm insisting that this is how the movie is supposed to be.

They will of course add their own interpretation to it and that's fine but what I am saying is that whatever they do -- that level of ambiguity worked rather well in the context of the story and can still work wonderfully in Hollywood's time-travelling/parallel-universe saturated list of films.

If they do come up with a better answer by the conclusion, it's all the better. What it really does is make the character of Destiny seem signficant, and so far we have no word on that.

^I love Destiny and would love to see her in a film. She has so many connections with the cast from Mystique to Rogue to Nightcrawler (though he wont be in this one)

Mystique. 'nuff said :)

In retrospect, everything from X1 onwards seems like it's been planned. Singer should do this carefully.

I wouldn't really mind if he went back to using the Superman Returns material to make the costumes this time around. One thing that I honestly liked about his approach was that he took the black-leather and realistic superhero route, then with SR he tried something different and was more of a silver-age classicist. That wasn't inherently a bad thing. With this movie he gets to reconcile with both efforts and come up with something where it's the best of both worlds.

I mean, for cripessake, we have two worlds here :)

fBut yeah. No black leather. Oh well.

Nothing new so far, other than Singer mentioning there will be "tragic" and "serious" elements to the film. He says it'll have a more "intense" tone compared to The Avengers.

Yay! Now I want to see some brutal deaths before things are fixed.

i think singer said he would like to make the Xmen film universe bigger, like the wolverine films, the first class films, and other spin offs

he didn't sound confident that would happen though, he just said he would like it too

Last edited:
Sounds like we've heard the important stuff.
Check out what Bryan Singer just tweeted everyone :woot:.

Last edited:
Looks like toys younger Magneto would appreciate.

I maybe taking a leap here but... I think those are meant for depowered Magneto from the future--think about it, young Magneto would be trying to go bigger and badder after what he did in First Class; but these subtle touches are purely for the sadistic tastes of future Magneto who now appreciates his powers even when they are not at their fullest potential.

I'd like to see a bitter older Mags voicing his hatred for the X-Men, telling them how he'd have never let the Sentinels do what they have had he enough power. Instead, he's relegated to small-scale tools whereas there were days when he'd stop missiles, lift subs, and replace bridges.

Magneto's been hanging out with The Governor from The Walking Dead?

Am I the only one who thinks this is just an April fools by Singer?

:huh:

Woah Lady Gaga as Dazzler??

Or April Fools????

I HATE THIS DAY

Edit: haha good timing JP

Definitely an April Fools. Best part of it is that since Singer himself has been breaking all casting announcements, I bet a few big sites will fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"