Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys watched the deleted scene featuring this Xavier/Jean telepathic battle? I have it on DVD. It's...bad. :down

And again, it's not so much Famke and Patrick, it's the horrid writing. Simon Kinberg just produces hackneyed verbiage combinations that consistently make me shudder and cringe. And he's used the term "[Enter Character Name] don't do this!" like a million times on so many films. It's gotten very cliché.

If Days Of Future Past fails, I don't think Bryan will be the issue. It's going to be the script. What happened to the guys who wrote X2, which was such a smartly written storyline?

Singer just tweeted a picture with the guys who co-wrote X2 and according to Singer, they have a secret project.

A lot has changed since 2011.

So your expecting Xavier to go 11 years without cerebro.Watering down the great ending of first Class by having them magicly working together.Spend time to quickly recruit any new character.Spend time with Peter Dinklage's charatcer and whoever plays Nixon.Still have time to see Brotherhood plan assassination or attack.Have time traveler or Travelers contact 1973 era X-men.Plus you have future scenes too.That's an awful lot to expect In 2 hour timeframe.

No I don't expect them to be magically friends again. I mean I think there could be a part in the film where they try to work together for a brief time. Maybe just to have a conversation and he helps him build it, bi-partisanly. Maybe it's his attempt at making up to Charles what happened. I hope this film is more than 2 measly hours. If there's no time for it, then allude to the fact that they had reconciled briefly on and off over the years and he helped him build it then. It's an important plot point to the series, especially X2. If Magneto didn't help Xavier build Cerebro, Stryker wouldn't have interrogated him to find out how to re-create it.

I wonder if we'll be seeing both the modern day and past Cerebro , or just one.

I would love to see the modern day subbasement and I hope its similar to the look of the original trilogy. And I hope they don't change a lot of things.

With the 70s subbasement, I imagine it looking like a Hospital's hallway. The walls/floor are white, it doesn't look futuristic. And I want it to have a retro feel.

I don't really see Erik helping Charles build the Cerebro. To allude to a reconciliation between the years would IMO kinda detract from the whole tragic ending of FC. And to have them be at odds at the start of the film, then reconcile and work together for a bit, then fall apart again sounds a tad too busy.

And while Magneto helping out with Cerebro is important for the X2 storyline, in X1 its importance is explaining how Magneto can avoid being found by Charles using the Cerebro. Which doesn't really make sense anymore post-FC. Magneto blocks out Cerebro because he took the helmet from Shaw, not because he had special insider knowledge of Cerebro.

^ Exactly.

Which is why this franchise is such a convoluted mess in terms of continuity.

I don't really see Erik helping Charles build the Cerebro. To allude to a reconciliation between the years would IMO kinda detract from the whole tragic ending of FC. And to have them be at odds at the start of the film, then reconcile and work together for a bit, then fall apart again sounds a tad too busy.

And while Magneto helping out with Cerebro is important for the X2 storyline, in X1 its importance is explaining how Magneto can avoid being found by Charles using the Cerebro. Which doesn't really make sense anymore post-FC. Magneto blocks out Cerebro because he took the helmet from Shaw, not because he had special insider knowledge of Cerebro.

Who says they have to reconcile to build cerebro again? If it's a mutant against human conflict again they may be forced to work together ala X2.

Since he's been tweeting the return of the old cast's names in doubles and triples (with the exception of Hugh), I think he may sandwich her announcement with that of 1 or 2 other big names.

I do wonder if January Jones is returning. She did nothing for me as Emma Frost (Alice Eve was born for the role) so I can't say I'll be disappointed if he skips her altogether. However, I won't be terribly upset if he does cast January either. I love her as an actress, just not as the White Queen.

i loved her as emma and i think it would be stupid to disclude her because the ending of first class was Erik recrouting her... other whys the ending to first class was pointless

i hope we get like movie masters for this i really want an emma to bad we never got them for first class....... or even marvel legends

i loved her as emma and i think it would be stupid to disclude her because the ending of first class was Erik recrouting her... other whys the ending to first class was pointless

The only thing is that there's ten years between First Class and Days Of Future Past's timelines. A lot could have happened to her to explain why she's no longer with the Brotherhood. If DoFP was picking up like...the day after FC's events, I could see the necessity of her involvement.

even if Emma isnt part of the brotherhood after 10 years, the question would be:

What is Emma doing on 1973?

being the powerfull and dangerous mutant she is, it would be unrealistic to leave her out of the main events of the movie or the 70's situation with the mutants, dont u think?

well, do you really think a powerfull mutant like Emma would be sitting at home during pivotal mutant events on the 70's?

without being involved somehow?

If Emma Is In DOFP It will be as member of Brotherhood.Now If January Jones plays her again would be a question.Possibilty of Emma,Banshee,and Haovk all being recast.

And If they could recast Bruce Banner with the Avengers and few people say anything they can recast any of first Class characters they want.I prefered Edward Norton as Banner.But I am in the minority.And none of first Class actors except for James Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,and Jennifer Lawrence are In same league as Halle Berry.She Is more well known and It defently seems like Bryan,and Lauren Shueller Donnor like her.

well, do you really think a powerfull mutant like Emma would be sitting at home during pivotal mutant events on the 70's?

without being involved somehow?

Exactly. She was part of a Hellfire Club who wanted to destroy the world so that mutants could prosper in a radiation-bathed 'mutopia'...

She wouldn't just give up, sit at home and take up knitting or crochet.

Considering how many mutants, powerful ones even, are populated around the globe during the first three movies, do we really ask ourselves where each and every individual one is during the events of the first three movies?

Considering how many mutants, powerful ones even, are populated around the globe during the first three movies, do we really ask ourselves where each and every individual one is during the events of the first three movies?

If they are trying to build a franchise with continuity and a sense of an expanded world, then just dropping characters doesn't really work unless their arc ends or they are written out by the events of the film.

It doesn't really say 'sequel' if a character is absent with no explanation.

Let's have an explanation at least. What's Fassbender's Magneto been doing all this time then? And why did he go to such lengths to break out Emma to fill what he said was the gap in his life, as he says himself. He might as well have left her in captivity.

If they are trying to build a franchise with continuity and a sense of an expanded world, then just dropping characters doesn't really work unless their arc ends or they are written out by the events of the film.

It doesn't really say 'sequel' if a character is absent with no explanation.

Let's have an explanation at least. What's Fassbender's Magneto been doing all this time then? And why did he go to such lengths to break out Emma to fill what he said was the gap in his life, as he says himself. He might as well have left her in captivity.

I understand your point (and I personally want to see Emma again) but this is set 10 YEARS after First Class. A LOT can happen in ten years. Her absence would be understandable and it does nothing to detract from the series as a whole in terms of continuity. They could very well write her out of the story with a line. Besides Emma doesn't appear in the original trilogy at all so we wouldn't necessarily need to know what happened.

Yes Magneto broke her out of prison and offered her a place on his team but again this is ten year's later she could have served the purpose that he wanted her for. And again he could explain that with one line of dialogue.

I think if Emma isn't in this then Fox might say she is on a mission researching stryker, and that's where she gets captured and Wolverine comes save her. To fix the problem with XMO wolverine. or maybe she's dead

I understand your point (and I personally want to see Emma again) but this is set 10 YEARS after First Class. A LOT can happen in ten years. Her absence would be understandable and it does nothing to detract from the series as a whole in terms of continuity. They could very well write her out of the story with a line. Besides Emma doesn't appear in the original trilogy at all so we wouldn't necessarily need to know what happened.

Yes Magneto broke her out of prison and offered her a place on his team but again this is ten year's later she could have served the purpose that he wanted her for. And again he could explain that with one line of dialogue.

I think if Emma isn't in this then Fox might say she is on a mission researching stryker, and that's where she gets captured and Wolverine comes save her. To fix the problem with XMO wolverine. or maybe she's dead

I think it would be nice to address her absence, if indeed she is absent. That's because it was in one of the First Class final scenes in which Magneto recruited her, and so if you immediately watched DoFP you would want to know something of what happened in those 10 years.

The First Class series was supposed to fill in the backstory of the missing years not create even more mysteries about those missing years.

If they weren't going to use Emma again, than they shouldn't have ended First Class the way they did. It may be set 10 years after, but her absence will affect the narrative flow of the franchise, especially when continuity is as important as ever.

It's not that important. She's not in this story, she's either left the Brotherhood/dead. It honestly doesn't matter.

And, should her character be needed again in a future flick, a simple scene or line of dialogue can be created for explanation. But that can all be done later, doesn't need to be seen in DOFP.

I'd like to see her return; she could be a valuable member of the Brotherhood in this film.

It's not that important. She's not in this story, she's either left the Brotherhood/dead. It honestly doesn't matter.

And, should her character be needed again in a future flick, a simple scene or line of dialogue can be created for explanation. But that can all be done later, doesn't need to be seen in DOFP.

How do we know for sure she is 'not in this story'?

If they are following the comic and having past Brotherhood try to assassinate a political figure, Emma could easily fill the role that Destiny took in the comics. I can't see 70s Magneto operating on his own.

After the ending to FC, any explanation like that will come off as completely cheap.

Well everyone now that Jack the Giant Slayer flopped and was not well recieved I don't believe DOFP will be a commercial succes. Also, there are too many characters getting crammed in. And I didn't want overpriced Halle Berry back because I have never considered her Storm. She's just some barbie doll in a white wig.

Peace, I'm out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"