• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Bush & Clinton Most Admired in America

Someone who says "we're all in it together" isn't a Marxist. Again, you throw the word around, as if you know what you're talking about.

Yeah, I heard of the Fair Tax. I need to do more research on that, which I admitted in a thread on the very topic.

I honestly hope you didn't choose to just pick out one piece of a quote from that article and use that to support her. Read between the lines of everything she said; after all, that's what politics are all about.

And yes, you would do wise to research the Fair Tax. I'm not saying that it would change your stance on Clinton or anything, but it's definitely worth considering.

marx_thinker.jpg

jag

I honestly hope you didn't choose to just pick out one piece of a quote from that article and use that to support her. Read between the lines of everything she said; after all, that's what politics are all about.

And yes, you would do wise to research the Fair Tax. I'm not saying that it would change your stance on Clinton or anything, but it's definitely worth considering.

When making informed decisions it's important to listen to the advice of experts so you don't end up like President Bush, trapped in a bubble unaware of what's going on around you.

The economists agree that this is nothing but another way to make the middle class pick up the slack so rich fat cats can get by without paying their fair share of taxes. They benefit the most from this economy and they should have to pay a higher share of taxes so the rest of us can afford to keep buying stuff and keep this economy afloat.

NO corporate taxes means they can take that money and invest it into the stock market and get by without having to pay taxes they otherwise would have had to buy.

The rich don't always use eveyr penny of their to buy something. They invest it into the stock market. Under the fair tax plan they wouldn't have to pay taxes on that. who do you think would end up picking up the slack?

I did read through the lines. I read what she said, and then asked myself, "what would Sen. Clinton mean by this?" None of what she said called for radically transforming our economic structure, or the way in which democracy is carried out in this country. Therefore, what she said barely resonated as Marxism in any possible sense.

Listen, I've made my point clear several times. I know we're both going to continue disagreeing with each other, so rather than hog all the space in this thread for a debate between the two of us, why not call a truce now?

Listen, I've made my point clear several times. I know we're both going to continue disagreeing with each other, so rather than hog all the space in this thread for a debate between the two of us, why not call a truce now?

My goal was to get an insightful reason as to why you hate Mrs. Clinton as much as you do, and all I got in return was name calling with out any thought whatsoever. But since I can't debate this any longer, I'll agree to a truce for the time being.

Oh, I'll heartily agree that I tossed some name-calling, but I received no substantial evidence in return that she WOULD be a good President. But this is still a truce, after all.

Oh, I'll heartily agree that I tossed some name-calling, but I received no substantial evidence in return that she WOULD be a good President. But this is still a truce, after all.

I did admit that there was no evidence suggesting she would be good, just like there was no evidence suggesting she would be bad. I made that clear from the getgo that its based on what you believe would happen, and that I would accept your beliefs/ accusations if you could back them up with evidence-- regardless of whether or not I agreed with you. I provided evidence to refute your claims, not support one I didn't make in the first place.

But the truce. Yes, the truce :up:

That's the thing. The refuting you did was so outrageous and unbelievable that I, personally, couldn't possibly take it seriously.

But we are in a truce, after all, so...

That's the thing. The refuting you did was so outrageous and unbelievable that it can't possibly be taken seriously.

But we are in a truce, after all, so...

Which outrageous and unbelievable moments were those? When I told you Hillary wasn't a Marxist, which is true?

Or was it when I pointed out a woman was the successful leader of a Muslim nation, when I refuted the idea that a woman couldn't be a successful diplomat with countries in the Middle East?

Or was it when I presented Hillary's economic plan, which actually has a lot of conservative elements to it, showing you that it barely graced the fundamentals of the Marxism which you think she so boldly embodies?

Could it have been when I said she was a practical, good Senator from the state I've lived in for most of my life?

Was I unbelievable when I told you she was a nice woman? Having met her, asked her a few questions, and picked up on the warmth she actually possesses rather than the coldhearted commie ***** her opponents paint her as... that must be really outrageous.

Did I make an outrageous claim when I said that you couldn't possibly know how she'll run the country, just like I can't?

Yeah, I made a lot of outrageous and unbelievable claims in this thread, but at least I supported them with evidence on her record without resorting to name calling and childlike pandering, using fear tactics which I hoped had been sealed away in Joe McCarthy's casket.

BUT YES, THE GODDAMN TRUCE. LET'S NOT FORGET THIS WONDERFUL TRUCE.

Nope, none of those arguments were convincing or believable. Sorry.

Nope, none of those arguments were convincing or believable. Sorry.

I believe that's what the Catholic Church said when Galileo first presented his theory that the Earth revolves around the sun. We know how wrong he was, too.

Interesting article! (the one on the first page) :)

Just a sidenote regarding Benazir Bhutto (RIP), but she's not exactly the best example of a supreme leader, not even "a strong diplomatic force among Arab nations." Bhutto was ousted from power in 1990 from corruption charges, and her husband aka "Mr. 10 Percent" spent eight years in prison for similar charges...

For further information, click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benazir_Bhutto#Charges_of_corruption, or any other newswebsite/history archive around.

You ever heard of the Fair Tax? That's something that would solve the tax problem, which is one of the primary reasons I support Huckabee. I'd even be a bit impressed if Clinton supported this policy. And don't tell me to do my research if you haven't done enough of your own. There are countless articles around where Clinton paraphrases Marxist ideals. Here's one, for example: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/29/AR2007052900859.html?nav=rss_nation
Thanks for the Fairtax shout out, but it's one word, not Fair Tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"