Dark Phoenix "By the Bright Lady!" The Official Alexandra Shipp/Storm Thread

BMM

Superhero
Reaction score
Discuss all things Storm!

hopefully with them in 1990's we are done with mohawk storm and they have longer haired storm.

Going off of her Twitter the past week or so, and her responses to tweets people have sent, one thing I've noticed is that Shipp definitely wants a more commanding Storm. Hopefully that's what we get.

Hope we get to see Scott and Storm fight over leadership of the group. We need some added dimension to these characters besides certain traits we've seen for over a decade. Apocalypse was a good start for Scott, Jean and Storm. Saw new sides to the big 3 - but we need a bit more. Hope that's one thing we can take away from Logan - a sense of emotional truth and authenticity to these characters.

I'm am also all for long hair. I hope Shipp gets a lot of shine this go-around. She was my favourite newb by far.

Over/Under 5 lines of dialogue?

It's sad but I wouldn't be surprised if it was under. Singer is gone though, maybe Kinberg will be kinder to Ororo.

Hope we get to see Scott and Storm fight over leadership of the group.

I doubt it, its such a small detail that would fit better in a filler episode of a tv show

Where is that gonna fit in the movie exactly? a mini subplot for storm where she has to come to terms that fans want cyclops as the leader and will go nuts if he ain't? seems ok.

Where is that gonna fit in the movie exactly?
Where is QS and Magneto family issues gonna fit in the movie exactly? It has nothing to do with Phoenix

Where is Mystique bringing kid Rogue to the mansion (which you suggested) gonna fit in the movie exactly? It has nothing to do with Phoenix

Where is QS and Magneto family issues gonna fit in the movie exactly? It has nothing to do with Phoenix

Where is Mystique bringing kid Rogue to the mansion (which you suggested) gonna fit in the movie exactly? It has nothing to do with Phoenix

Who knows, it will probably have more reason behind it then storm and cyclops arguing over leadership among the phoenix story lol

As for rogue... she might not even be in the movie.

Last edited:
I doubt it, its such a small detail that would fit better in a filler episode of a tv show

Where is that gonna fit in the movie exactly? a mini subplot for storm where she has to come to terms that fans want cyclops as the leader and will go nuts if he ain't? seems ok.

It's possible that Scott and Ororo would disagree over tactics, such as how to deal with Dark Phoenix. That could be part of the main plot, rather than a side plot.

There's no way you've ever read a X-MEN comic in your life. Literally no way

Do you just read comics and not watch the movies? i mean any comic book movie at all?

It doesn't matter if you read it in a comic, it doesn't mean it will translate well in a movie.

Last edited:
Do you just read comics and not watch the movies? i mean any comic book movie at all?

Storm vs Cyclops is in no way small. In the movies yes because they have been marginalized to hell.

But their battle over leadership is probably the most iconic X-MAN vs X-MAN fight in X-MEN history.

A woman... a black woman at that defeating the unquestioned 20 year leader of the team is beyond iconic.

These kind of statements are the reason everyone brushes off every opinion you have about X-MEN

A woman... a black woman at that defeating the unquestioned 20 year leader of the team is beyond iconic.

Will that be Storms subplot?

These kind of statements are the reason everyone brushes off every opinion you have about X-MEN

Yeah i remember when i was insane when i said new mutants may not have costumes because maybe the director decided not to go that route and you being one of those jumped right to the comics as evidence to their importance and how wrong i was about it all.

Or when piece brosnan was cable because it makes sense for people to make sly casting confirmations without actually comfirming anything over Instagram.

Yes brush off what i say but don't be shocked by some level headed thought that might actually make some sense.

Last edited:
Concentrating on a minor leader squable is small for these movies that are trying to be big with each one.

Oh. COME. ON!

These characters need personality, motivation, purpose, interaction and dialogue.

If one of the team becomes a force that threatens everything, dontcha think they're going to have a discussion or argument about how to deal with it? Some will want to see Dark Phoenix destroyed, some won't.

From the lips of Kinberg himself: "The interpersonal dynamics between these characters has to feel different, and heated and visceral, and human and relatable in ways that maybe some of the movies in the past have been more theatrical and sort of operatic."

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/x-men/47528/x-men-7-will-be-gritty-and-dangerous

Oh. COME. ON!

These characters need personality, motivation, purpose, interaction and dialogue.

If one of the team becomes a force that threatens everything, dontcha think they're going to have a discussion or argument about how to deal with it? Some will want to see Dark Phoenix destroyed, some won't.

From the lips of Kinberg himself: "The interpersonal dynamics between these characters has to feel different, and heated and visceral, and human and relatable in ways that maybe some of the movies in the past have been more theatrical and sort of operatic."

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/x-men/47528/x-men-7-will-be-gritty-and-dangerous

And you think that will be about leadership?

Wut? lol

The premise LITERALLY told us she was the leader. Sadly (for the fans) no amount of your JLaw defending will change the fact that she was their leader at that point in time.

That final scene... with Jlaw telling them they're X-Men... Ugh... It hurts so much.

And I cringe too.

And the saddest thing is that the prospect of seeing Storm taking a leadership role and having her shining spot (that she deserves so much after all those 18 ****ing years) is sooooo distant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"