By the Bristling Beard of Odin! The Thor Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admittedly Odin headbutting Galactus was pretty cool as was Coipel's art. Fraction's run was really poor and that first arc with the world eaters was terrible. It was interesting that they brought Gillen back to write Journey into Mystery at the same time as he clearly had a better grasp on the title.

I read the World Eaters arc and honestly I think I liked the idea of the World Eaters more than the actual story or any of the characterizations in it. I didn't read beyond that because I kept hearing bad things about it, namely that Fraction can't write Thor himself to save his life - as World Eaters demonstrated.

I haven't read much of anything else by Fraction so I might as well ask - has he ever written anything worth reading?

I haven't read much of anything else by Fraction so I might as well ask - has he ever written anything worth reading?
His work on Immortal Iron Fist with Ed Brubaker is definitely worth reading. Hell, the whole series is.

I'm enjoying Hawkeye, but it can also get to be too much at times. Other than that, I don't know if I can suggest anything else. Let me check his wiki for a second.

Oh yeah, Invincible Iron Man was good for World's Most Wanted and Stark Disassembled, but the rest was okay. I did like the idea of Stark Resilient.

Everything else is either okay or I haven't read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"