Cage to Star in Proyas' Knowing

i'm not a huge cage fan...but there are some movies I like him in. I really liked Next and this one looks pretty good to me as well.

and proyas is awesome.

I have to say, this looks pretty decent.

Dunno CP, I love watching Nic Cage run around like a doofus. That being said, I think he's capable of good work, look at 2006's World Trade Center.

Dark City pretty much sucked to me so thats not a good comparison. Then again I thought that The Crow was a steaming pile of crap so maybe I'm just not the hugest fan of his movies most of the time.

Dark City pretty much sucked to me so thats not a good comparison. Then again I thought that The Crow was a steaming pile of crap so maybe I'm just not the hugest fan of his movies most of the time.

Wow, ISS, Dark City I could maybe understand (though I thought it was great), but The Crow, honestly?

Wow, ISS, Dark City I could maybe understand (though I thought it was great), but The Crow, honestly?

Funny...i'm reversed. I liked Dark City, but hate The Crow. It feels too goth/emo to me....and that makes me groan.

I watched the Crow and tried to like but I just came away with a strong dislike of it. Dark City is actually better than I'm making it out to be but it's not a good movie by any means. Guess this is yet another thing we disagree on.:woot:

Funny...i'm reversed. I liked Dark City, but hate The Crow. It feels too goth/emo to me....and that makes me groan.
Thats my problem with The Crow. It's a pretend cool movie with a terrible and unconvincing performance by the lead.

So...apparently the ending is...

Everyone dies except Cage and some chick, then Aliens come down and save some kid, and Cage and girl I guess repopulate the world with ******ed kids with bad hairpieces.

Wow... so apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that The Crow is one of the most overrated movies of all time. I don't care who I piss off with this statement, but Brandon Lee was NOT a good actor. It's a shame that he died of course, but that tragedy didn't make The Crow a good movie.

I do love Dark City though. Jennifer Connelly looks delicious in that movie.

Anyway, Knowing is doing really, really bad on Rotten Tomatoes... but that good review by Ebert might save it from critical doom.

Ebert loved it...four stars.

www.suntimes.com
Nice to read. However, let's not forget what he gave 'Lakeview Terrace'(*cough* "Four Star" *cough*)... Anyhow, I hope this film does better on it's release. Hate having to deal with another bad Nick Cage movie.

(Oh, blah! It was released today.)

Ebert's taste is movies is not so good.

ebert's gone crazy. age sigh.

trust the senile fool

ebert's gone crazy. age sigh.
Oh well, it's the guys opinion. I'm jut happy to see that he continues to write interesting reviews alike nobody else. He'll always be my favourite critic, right beside Siskel.
블라스;16630155 said:
I trust Ebert, I'll be watching this.
When you come back, tell me how closely you'd rank it to 'The Wicker Man' or one of those really bad M. Night Shyamalan movies. I may just be angry in "knowing:-)whatever:)" that this film is once again another ----stain on Cage's career, but... I hope you enjoy the movie.

i like the reviews from magazines like nuts

I'd trust Ebert over any of the youngstesrs in the game today anyways, who are mostly just fanboys that are biased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"