Cage wants Spidey/Ghost Rider Team up!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Hey they're both at Sony who could they fight? Morbius???

http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1575898/20071205/story.jhtml?rsspartner=rssyahoo

Nicolas Cage Wants Ghost Rider To Team Up With Spidey, Hit The Bottle In Sequel

'He's not eating jelly beans anymore; he's getting drunk,' actor says of flaming-skull superhero.

by Larry Carroll

BEVERLY HILLS, California — Silver Surfer has been seen hangin' 10 with the Fantastic Four. "Justice League of America" is currently organizing a block party with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and others. In May, "Iron Man" will take time out of his busy schedule to do a fast scene with Nick Fury.

And now Ghost Rider wants in on the action.

"I would love to have Ghost Rider drive onto a 'Spider-Man' set; that would be fun," Nicolas Cage told us over the weekend, insisting that he's eager to contribute to the cross-pollination of movie superheroes that has become all the rage. "A Marvel team-up? That could happen."

In February, the A-List Oscar winner stepped into the biker boots and flaming skull of Marvel Comics' super dark superhero, riding his Hell Cycle all the way to a $52 million opening weekend. Talk of a sequel has surrounded the franchise ever since, and Cage insists that a second movie would free the filmmakers from the chains that left some disappointed in the first flick.

"I would love to do another Ghost Rider," he said of the character. "I'd make him really dark. Way dark."

Earlier this year, producer Avi Arad announced plans for "Ghost Rider II" as he stood alongside director Mark Steven Johnson, who'd likely return. Arad has also confirmed plans for additional "Spider-Man" films.

Speaking on the classic character he loves so much that he bears a flaming-skull tattoo on his arm, Cage added: "We're done with the whole back story now; he should come back, but this time he should come back drinking."

In the first film, Johnny Blaze sidestepped alcohol while explaining that it "gave him nightmares," preferring jelly beans as his vice. In a sequel, Cage would play off that line to show just how far Johnny has fallen since his deal with Mephistopheles (Peter Fonda). "Now the demon has taken over," he insisted. "He's not eating jelly beans anymore; he's getting drunk, and we'll see what happens there."

As for villains, Cage said that rather than looking for ideas by leafing through the hundreds of "Ghost Rider" comics he keeps in an upstairs room, he'd prefer that the Marvel team create a new bad guy. "I think it would be good to invent some new villains," he said. "A lot of the villains that were created for Ghost Rider ended up in the Batman sequels — Scarecrow and all that. So, I think we should build something from scratch."

Until the time comes that Cage can find what he calls "a script that works," the avowed comics nut will continue to follow the other superhero franchises closely. Excited by the upcoming "Justice League" movie and news that Samuel L. Jackson (and Hilary Swank) will introduce new heroes in "Iron Man," Cage is keeping a flaming eye on a possible crossover of his own.

"If they put Ghost Rider in a team-up with Spider-Man, that'd be hilarious," Cage grinned, thinking back to the many times the two unlikely allies have met in the comics. "I would love that."

This report is from MTV News.

Would be quite awesome... especially if GR is darker this time around. I thought the first film was way too friendly for my taste. But yeah, bring on the Marvel crossovers please!

well at least he has the right idea about Blaze's relationship w/ Ghost Rider....as he is losing control and hitting the bottle in order to cope.

Well Cage is clearly listening to the fans who hated the jelly beans, wanted a darker character and story, and more formidable villains. Hopefully that lawsuit will settle soon so there's no cloud over this sequel. Sony however is running out of time and the WGA and looming SAG strike won't help.

That is a terrific idea and I would easily pay for a ticket to a movie like that, but we first need a proper Ghost Rider movie b4 he starts chasing after vengeance with other Marvel heroes.

P.S. Cage doesn't know his GR villains, he thinks Scarecrow GR is the same Scarecrow as Batman :confused:

I think he's actually talking about two different things here. One just a cameo of GR speeding through a Spidey scene, and secondly the GR sequel. He then goes back to the Spidey crossover idea at the very end.

If we're talking about GR just driving through a Spidey scene, I say forget it. GR is too major to be reduced to a mere cameo. If he's getting a drive thru, then we should c the Blackbird or Fantasti-car in a fly-by.

He wouldn't be reduced to a cameo if that's all it was. He'd still have his own films...it's just be a cool way to show it's in the same Universe. Remember Airplane 2 when Shatner was looking through the periscope and saw the Enterprise. LOL

He wouldn't be reduced to a cameo if that's all it was. He'd still have his own films...it's just be a cool way to show it's in the same Universe. Remember Airplane 2 when Shatner was looking through the periscope and saw the Enterprise. LOL

I understand he'd still have his own films, but to have cameo in a Spidey movie wouldn't be fair to both characters I think because A) you don't want to distract ppl away from Spidey and a flaming skeleton and flaming bike will do just that & B) GR deserves more IMO

And I haven't seen Airplane 2

I understand he'd still have his own films, but to have cameo in a Spidey movie wouldn't be fair to both characters I think because A) you don't want to distract ppl away from Spidey and a flaming skeleton and flaming bike will do just that & B) GR deserves more IMO

And I haven't seen Airplane 2

What?

[YT]dHKd80asXy4[/YT]

rofl that was hilarious

SHISHT! SHISHT! ahahahahaha

rofl that was hilarious

SHISHT! SHISHT! ahahahahaha

You thought that was funny here's the whole scene with the nod to stark trek. You gotta see this.

[YT]nCl6RCGkPuo[/YT]

Ok and now back to Ghost Rider 2 talk. :)

That was freakin awesome, only Will Shatner could pull that off :word:

...it's ironic how irony can be sometimes...

That really was encouraging to read. He's obviously been thinking about Ghost Rider a lot and I totally dig his intention to go darker. Hell yes. Now, if he can just get Sony and the director in the same mindset we could be in for a really, really good sequel.

Thanks for posting that, AD.

:yay:

Wow, is this for real? The whole interview seems like a wet dream for a lot of us. Very encouraging though and it would be nice to see the franchise evolve into something like this (with or without Spidey) though I hope they don't totally remove everything that was developed in the first.

Having said that, I do love sequels that aren't an exact formula of the first.

Very interesting stuff!

^Agreed, if a sequel is made they have to go in this direction, with a darker and more serious tone, and we could be in for a GREAT GR movie (the first one was just average to me).

Ghost Rider teams up with Spidey? NO!

Ghost Rider isn't even established enough as a character to make a cameo in Spiderman. First of all...Cage can't have it both ways. You can't have a 'darker' Ghost Rider with Spiderman and his PG13 fan base behind him!

Its going to go down as one of the silliest and worst crossovers imaginable.

A Message to Nicolas Cage: if you want to take Ghost Rider to the next level, please develop Ghost Rider and Blaze more (no superhero cameos). Too much time was spent on the back story, and too much development time was spent on making the CG flames.

Lets get to utilize this opportunity for maximum Ghost Rider screen time and action.

Nicolas Cage obviously hasn't read the 90s series or the recent series. There is a s.h*t load of cool baddies and goons they can use. Kazaan, C'thon, The Arch Angels, Skinner, Centurious, Zarathos, Lilith, the Firm, Blackout, Warlock, Styge, the Darkhold.

If the do a crossover, it should be with Blade... and they should do the Midnight Massacre story. That would be sweet ass.

If the do a crossover, it should be with Blade... and they should do the Midnight Massacre story. That would be sweet ass.

what about the other MS characters?

Ahhhh, screw em!

Actually, it would be awesome to have them all, or at least some of them and they would need a bunch of the supernatural kind to give Blade people to kill so..

Either way, it's just a pipe dream.

Sometimes I really just don't get some of you. A Spidey cameo would rock ass!!
How the hell can you have a problem with Spidey having trouble with a villian and GR ridin up and finishing him off or GR givng the penance stare to someone and Spidey showing up and "trying" to stop GR. The possibilities are endless and would be awesome. Not to mention the further exposure it would give GR. I don't care if some people say it sucked... because the fact is, it wouldn't. There are plenty of morons out there who won't like anything GR. **** 'em. Just like a lot of people said the GR movie was complete garbage. They are idiots. Could it have been better? sure, but it was a decent movie and some parts were just spectacular.

And Cages thoughts for a sequel are spot on and sounds awesome.

That would be freakin sweet! Like the other poster said, the Midnight Sons would be in it as well, and maybe the biggest cameo would be Morbius and throw in Dr. Strange for good measure...great way to introduce both of them!

Bring back the Midnight Sons!

3890-midnight-sons_400.jpg

Sometimes I really just don't get some of you. A Spidey cameo would rock ass!!
How the hell can you have a problem with Spidey having trouble with a villian and GR ridin up and finishing him off or GR givng the penance stare to someone and Spidey showing up and "trying" to stop GR. The possibilities are endless and would be awesome. Not to mention the further exposure it would give GR. I don't care if some people say it sucked... because the fact is, it wouldn't. There are plenty of morons out there who won't like anything GR. **** 'em. Just like a lot of people said the GR movie was complete garbage. They are idiots. Could it have been better? sure, but it was a decent movie and some parts were just spectacular.

And Cages thoughts for a sequel are spot on and sounds awesome.

That sounds like cartoon material. Not Movie material. When it happenned in the comics, Spiderman gives Ghost Rider this huge lecture of being a 'hero.' No offense, if I hear another narration or monologue with tears by Peter Parker I'll shoot myself.

That would be freakin sweet! Like the other poster said, the Midnight Sons would be in it as well, and maybe the biggest cameo would be Morbius and throw in Dr. Strange for good measure...great way to introduce both of them!

Bring back the Midnight Sons!

PLEASE NO MORE MIDNIGHT SONS...every time someone mentions that name I think of the God-awful Siege of Darkness crossover >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"