World Can any one replace Hugh Jackman?

jordanasmith

Civilian
Reaction score
Which other Hollywood actor do you think would have done justice to the character of Wolverine if not Hugh Jackman?

sorry rite now no ones on the horizon.. Jackmans doing a really good job...

I was thinking about it the other day....and I dont think anybody could.
I mean besides the fact that his Wolverine is tall compared the short Wolverine in the comics, JAckman has the look and the behavior down

Uhhh.........You guys saw X3 and Wolverine right? :csad:

uhhmmm.. you did see X1 X2 & XMO:W riite? lol

IMO it isn't Jackman that needs tweaking but the scripts. If they made WOlverine more of a beast and killer, Jackman would be perfect. He already is the perfect actor, he just needs the writing to be amped up. That's the only problem I have with the current on-screen Wolverine depictions. Wolverine in the comics was very laconic and quick to kill those he deemed threats. In the movies, he was an emotional, intelligent, and even comical character.

Since x3 Wolvies just seemed like a pansy.
Big fan of Jackmans wolverine in the first two films but I rekon with the right actor he could be replaced easily.

If he were to be replaced, i hope it's for a an actor that can provide a more savage interpretation. Kind of like how Daniel Craig turned the James Bond that Pierce Brosnan pansified into an animal.

but jackman is so...drool....
i guess the producers and scriptwriters wanted to bring more emotion to his character, unless you've read the comics he seems normal.
What they did was create a new wolverine that had more character and life-like persona.

i guess the producers and scriptwriters wanted to bring more emotion to his character

Well, I don't like the emotional/sensitive characterization of Wolverine, I prefer the comic book version.

I thought X2 was the closest they got to the comic book Wolverine.

What they did was create a new wolverine that had more character and life-like persona.

In the comics, Wolverine is a loner and has a chip on his shoulder. Isn't that enough for a person to relate to the character???

Last edited:
but jackman is so...drool....
i guess the producers and scriptwriters wanted to bring more emotion to his character, unless you've read the comics he seems normal.

The problem with having a script that provides "more character and life-like persona" to Wolverine is the fact that it isn't consistent with Logan's history. With a history like Wolverine's, you need him to be unstable. Otherwise it's taking away from his character and believablility. If you experienced as much death as he did and was injected with molten adamantium, you shouldn't be as cool calm and collected as he was depicted in the movies (besides the hysterically crying moments). All in all, it wasn't accurate to the comic books nor was it believable given the events that took place in his life.

To counter your statement- I feel like they created a wolverine that had no consistent character and was as life-like as the CGI claws from X-men: Origins.

Well, I don't like the emotional/sensitive characterization of Wolverine, I prefer the comic book version.

I thought X2 was the closest they got to the comic book Wolverine.

In the comics, Wolverine is a loner and has a chip on his shoulder. Isn't that enough for a person to relate to the character???

Yes Wolverine has quite a few chips on his shoulder but he isn't the everyman remember? That's Peter Parker's job. How many times do people call Wolverine the "animal" in the comics? Can you even count? I don't think people are supposed to relate to Wolverine as much as they are supposed to hang their jaws at his lack of remorse and brutality.

He could be replaced with the right actor. The point is: Who would be the right actor? I really do not think they should be replacing him until he's too old and doesn't want to do it anymore. He's a great Wolverine.

For me, as of right now, no. Jackman is excellent (even in X3 & Origins), imo.

I would've liked to have seen what Dougray Scott could've done as Wolverine.

The characterization of Wolverine was not written right in X3 and Origins without the guidance of Bryan Singer.

So, replacing Hugh Jackman wont make any difference to the writing of the character. Basically, another actor will play the same watered down version of Wolverine that Hugh Jackman played in X3 and Origins, due to the s**ty writing.

Last edited:
I, for one, am tired of seeing Jackman as Wolverine.

Indeed, after watching Origins, I left the theater NOT wanting any more sequels with Jackman and the current movie Wolverine.

Wolverine is NOT 6'2". He needs to be shorter than the average male, that's an integral part of his character. He should NOT be taller, or as tall as, most of his male co-stars in the movie. I'd say 5'8" to 5'9" should be the max height for a Wolverine actor ( the closer to 5'3" the better, of course ).

Also, Wolverine is supposed to be wild, feral, and savage. He's a beast, an animal, a berserker. Jackman's Wolverine was entirely too "soft" and "tame" throughout the X-men movies. And, he seemed to get progressively softer and tamer as the series progressed.

So....yes, I would like to see Jackman replaced. In fact, I would like to see the entire cast of X-men replaced ( with the possible exception of Patrick Stewart as Xavier ) and have the whole damn thing rebooted.

With that being said, I'm not mad at Jackman. He did his part and played his role.

Ultimately, I'm mad at Singer ( and Fox ) who cast a TALL actor to play a SHORT character in the first place and who developed the character's portrayal in the movies.

Last edited:
I, for one, am tired of seeing Jackman as Wolverine.

Indeed, after watching Origins, I left the theater NOT wanting any more sequels with Jackman and the current movie Wolverine.

Wolverine is NOT 6'2". He needs to be shorter than the average male, that's an integral part of his character. He should NOT be taller, or as tall as, most of his male co-stars in the movie. I'd say 5'8" to 5'9" should be the max height for a Wolverine actor ( the closer to 5'3" the better, of course ).

Also, Wolverine is supposed to be wild, feral, and savage. He's a beast, an animal, a berserker. Jackman's Wolverine was entirely too "soft" and "tame" throughout the X-men movies. And, he seemed to get progressively softer and tamer as the series progressed.

So....yes, I would like to see Jackman replaced. In fact, I would like to see the entire cast of X-men replaced ( with the possible exception of Patrick Stewart as Xavier ) and have the whole damn thing rebooted.

With that being said, I'm not mad at Jackman. He did his part and played his role.

Ultimately, I'm mad at Singer ( and Fox ) who cast a TALL actor to play a SHORT character in the first place and who developed the character's portrayal in the movies.

Agreed but are their short actors in hollywood who are good?

And they do need to reboot but not under FOx under Marvel.

They need to keep the guy who played Magneto he good everyone esle let go. Worst of them was Anna Paquin as Rouge lol.

Agreed but are their short actors in hollywood who are good?

And they do need to reboot but not under FOx under Marvel.

They need to keep the guy who played Magneto he good everyone esle let go. Worst of them was Anna Paquin as Rouge lol.

Case in point.....Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach in Watchmen.

In the Watchmen graphic novel, Rorschach is a small character, only 5'6" in height. Like Wolverine, his short stature is an integral part of his character.

When Snyder cast the movie Rorschach, did he choose a 6' plus tall actor to play a 5'6" character? No, he chose Haley, who is about.....5'5" - 5'6". IOW.....Snyder cast a short actor to play a short character.

Look also at Tobey Maguire, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Cruise, even Sylvester Stallone, Wesley Snipes, and Jason Statham.

Maguire, Downey Jr., and Cruise are shorter than Stallone, Snipes, and Statham. However, all of them are under 6' tall and definitely shorter than Jackman's 6'2" height.

Now, I'm not saying any of those actors would be good for Wolverine.

But, if Singer and co really looked hard, if they really wanted to stay as faithful to the comic book source material as possible, I'm sure they could have found a shorter actor who could have portrayed a wild, savage, violence-proned Wolverine........

Last edited:
Jason Statham be good for Wolverine. He has the body and he short plus he has the voice too. All he have to do is gain some weight just a little and put the make up on him like the Wolverine hair and all and he be perfect for Wolverine. Plus he can fight too so their will not have to be no stunt doubles.

Jason Statham as Wolverine FTW!

Of course there's someone. Except Jackman already made a staple to the character so people will feel awkward to see other actors playing the role. It's the same to all other characters there.

Although I do think if Halle Berry is replaced by other competent actresses to play Storm, I wouldn't mind though. It's justthe script and the delivery of the character wasn't as strong as how Hugh delivered Wolverine.

I think it's more of how effective Jackman played Wolverine. And I'm thinking of other actors, Christian Bale might do justice if he gets his "GET THE F OFF" groove on. BUt that's still a huge might.

Christian Bale as Wolverine is laughable. Can you imagine him having a Wolverine voice? His Batman voice is lame imagine him doing Wolverine. Wolverine suppose to be scary not funny. Thats what Hugh Jackman problem is his Wolverine not scary. I want a Wolverine like from X-Men TAS and comic books.

Personally, I don't think Jackman was even the best Australian for Wolverine... I'd have gone with Russell Crowe (who they wanted but couldn't afford).

Jackman's too much of a nice guy to play Wolvie...

Personally, I don't think Jackman was even the best Australian for Wolverine... I'd have gone with Russell Crowe (who they wanted but couldn't afford).

Jackman's too much of a nice guy to play Wolvie...

Exactly! His Wolverine was soft.

But boy oh boy if Clint Eastwood was young man he would make an epic Wolverine.

Exactly! His Wolverine was soft.

But boy oh boy if Clint Eastwood was young man he would make an epic Wolverine.
But wouldn't that just be another case of a tall guy playing a short character? Eastwood himself stood around 6'2" after all. Funny you should mention Eastwood, I've often felt Jackman looked a bit like Clint, especially when he does the scowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"