World Can any one replace Hugh Jackman?

But wouldn't that just be another case of a tall guy playing a short character? Eastwood himself stood around 6'2" after all. Funny you should mention Eastwood, I've often felt Jackman looked a bit like Clint, especially when he does the scowl.

I remember seeing some early pics of Eastwood, and I did see a resemblence to some Wolverine artwork.

However, as you said, that would be the same case of a tall actor playing a short character.

so......Eastwood wouldn't have been right either to play Wolverine.....lol.

Well I have no problem with the height man I mean Eastwood would of nailed the character. Jackman has not nailed the character he played him pretty good but not how Wolverine is suppose to be. Like soemone said Jackman is too sweet of a guy to play Wolverine. Eastwood is a tough guy.

but jackman is so...drool....
i guess the producers and scriptwriters wanted to bring more emotion to his character, unless you've read the comics he seems normal.
What they did was create a new wolverine that had more character and life-like persona.

The great thing about Wolverine in the comics is that, sure, he can be angsty as much as the next guy. But the fact is that he bottles up all his fear, his loss, and his grief and turns it into rage and a devil-may-care attitude--I think because he's afraid of getting hurt again in a way that he can't heal from. To anyone who he meets in the street he's a killer. Only a few people who really get to know him see what a marshmellow he is underneath the tough exterior.

So yeah. I love Hugh as much as the next fan. I agree that with the proper script he could seriously royally reign in the role. But I still dream of the day where they have someone stockier, generally meaner-looking, and less smile-y.

The great thing about Wolverine in the comics is that, sure, he can be angsty as much as the next guy. But the fact is that he bottles up all his fear, his loss, and his grief and turns it into rage and a devil-may-care attitude--I think because he's afraid of getting hurt again in a way that he can't heal from. To anyone who he meets in the street he's a killer. Only a few people who really get to know him see what a marshmellow he is underneath the tough exterior.

So yeah. I love Hugh as much as the next fan. I agree that with the proper script he could seriously royally reign in the role. But I still dream of the day where they have someone stockier, generally meaner-looking, and less smile-y.

Agreed.

I guess they softened Wolverine somewhat for the films due to fear that if they really went the whole 9 yards to show what a bastard he can be, the audience wouldn't root for him.

I guess they softened Wolverine somewhat for the films due to fear that if they really went the whole 9 yards to show what a bastard he can be, the audience wouldn't root for him.

Thats dumb cause Wolverine one of the most popular heroes in comics.

Christian Bale as Wolverine is laughable. Can you imagine him having a Wolverine voice? His Batman voice is lame imagine him doing Wolverine. Wolverine suppose to be scary not funny. Thats what Hugh Jackman problem is his Wolverine not scary. I want a Wolverine like from X-Men TAS and comic books.

Just pointing out when he's "angry" because he can really cuss. Lol.

Jackman can be replaced. You just simply need to replace him.

Well replace him when they do the X-Men reboot cause they need to do it.

I was thinking earlier today... Sean Bean might be able to do Sabretooth or Wolverine.

The problem with having a script that provides "more character and life-like persona" to Wolverine is the fact that it isn't consistent with Logan's history. With a history like Wolverine's, you need him to be unstable. Otherwise it's taking away from his character and believablility. If you experienced as much death as he did and was injected with molten adamantium, you shouldn't be as cool calm and collected as he was depicted in the movies (besides the hysterically crying moments). All in all, it wasn't accurate to the comic books nor was it believable given the events that took place in his life.

I agree with this 100%
I think most of those who have come to love the Wolverine from the movies was never into the original comics. Even when you go back to his run in the 80's when he had his own comic, he was still an animal and unstable.

Yes Wolverine has quite a few chips on his shoulder but he isn't the everyman remember? That's Peter Parker's job. How many times do people call Wolverine the "animal" in the comics? Can you even count? I don't think people are supposed to relate to Wolverine as much as they are supposed to hang their jaws at his lack of remorse and brutality.
I agree that in the comics we were never supposed to relate to him. But the movies have made him more relatable with humans.

I would've liked to have seen what Dougray Scott could've done as Wolverine.
Me too! I wish he would have been able to go on and do Wolverine.

On the HEIGHT thing:
I don't think they ever were worried about height when they were casting Wolverine. Because even Dougray Scott is 6'. People really need to just get OVER the height thing :o

I think Jackman was great the only hiccup is his height but its easy to forgive for the great performance.

People see Wolvie as a cold blooded animal from the but i think thats not how he is portrayed he is more a human with animal instincts trying to stay in control he can turn on and off thats why i like Jackman during the fight scenes he is all animal but many of the other scenes show the more human side of Wolvie just like the scenes with Rogue in XMen he has a caring side.

And He IS smart and he is intelligent you dont live that long without picking up something (his ability to speak other languages,knowledge of cultures and hunting skils ect)

Its little things from jackman that make me like him so much like that small part in X2 when the special ops guys covertly enter the mansion while wolvie is in the kitchen with Iceman and you ge that quick shot of Wolvie sensing thier presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"