Sequels The next Wolverine film?

I'd like to see either Daken or X-23 come after Logan.

Logan has led a solo life, to find out he has a child/clone and wanting to save that person while that person is after him would offer great development to Logan.

If they would manage to put this on Film, I would tear up like a sissy.

ys8sUBv.jpg

jdMp0Hf.jpg

HE5up6A.jpg

I love X-23, and I love to see her onscreen at some point. Yukio and Kitty are the two that I most want to see in the next film.

Well, here's my take...

#1. Would have loved to have seen Ogun, but that should have been done in the last movie. We now have a Wolverine that never learned the way of the Samurai, and that's too bad. It would have been great to see Logan take Ellen Page's Kitty to learn from Ogun and go from there, but it would be a bit been there, done that now...

#2. Daken isn't that great of a villain. I like the idea of Wolvie having a kid, but the Daken story is really lame. And it ends with Wolvie drowning his own son before things can be reconciled. Not good for the GA.

#3. Lady Deathstrike. Let's be honest, we still haven't been given Lady Deathstrike as a villain. Yes, in Origins there was this character named Lady Deathstrike, but she sucked. It's too bad too because Lady Deathstrike, done well, could have been great!

#4. Cyber. I like the idea of how Cyber is the only villain that Wolverine is actually scared of. But he's only really famous for breaking Wolvie's bone claws, and well, they already had Sabertooth do that.

#5. Omega Red seems like a good choice. At the minimum it gets us in Russia, instead of Japan. But the whole superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes is a bit overused. His ability to secrete pheromones from his body typically referred to as Death Spores will be difficult to display, and I'm not so sure how that could be used in the story. Looks wise he could be cool, but he's ever only been a villain controlled by another. So who would be controlling him?

#6. The Brood. Guess it could work, but aren't they more of an X-Men tam villain. Yes, it is ultimately Logan that saves the day, because his healing factor allows him to purge himself of the Brood embryo, but this doesn't work unless it's the whole team being affected. Plus wouldn't they come off more like aliens?

#7. Sauron. Same thing really. Isn't he more of an X-Men team villain? Would he even be allowed, or does New Line Cinemas have control of that name?

#8. Wendigo. On the one hand, the story taking place back in Canada would be a good thing. We need to move away from Asia. Although it might be cool to see Wolvie infected by Wendigo and turn into Wolvendigo, and then have to be cured by whichever secondary, young, female character he has with him (like a Jubilee), in the end Wendigo is really a second rate villain.

#9. The Reavers. Hmmm... this one could work. Imagine Wolvie hiding out is say... Australia. A young, 17 year old mutant names Jubilee is hiding out in the area, stealing food, etc. Wolvie gets in a fight and caught by the Reavers. They crucify him as they did in the comic. Jubs helps him and that's how they become friends... Of course, they take out the Reavers and then track down the big, baddie behind the Reavers, who would be... Sinister. Of course this would totally destroy the idea of having the Reavers and Sinister in an X-Men movie. But this could work, I guess. Would be nice to see Jubilee introduced in a Wolvie movie. At the same time, per comic cannon, one of the villains that Wolvie and Jubs fought was Omega Red. Not sure how you could transition from the Reavers in Australia to Omega Red in Russia, but I would still love to see Jubs and the whole Reavers crucifying Wolvie thing...

My problem with Daken and X-23 being introduced in the film since they would look like Wolverine 2.0 and I feel like people would respond well to them and they would get more appearances in the future like in X-Men team movies, I just don't think that would benefit other characters like Storm, Rogue, Iceman.

She would be a good addition to the films, given a believable introduction. Which would probably be the most successful and work best in a Wolverine solo. That way she's not taking time away from already underdeveloped X-Men characters. Give her something like in the the film Hanna. Thats basically her origin right there. Its not like the X films did a good job on the Weapon X storyline, so I see nothing wrong with adding her down the line and improving aspects there with a new character.

People love the hell out of her and she's a good character. There's a reason X-23 is so popular. With Daken Im not too sure on what the reaction would be. He always gets a mixed reaction even amongst comic fans.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't really care about Daken at all. I loved when X-23 got introduced for the first time in X-Men Evolution, and she comes after Wolverine, because she holds him responsible for her very existence. And for Wolverine, she's the closest thing to family. I just really like the emotional potential the film could bring.

Am I the only one who likes Daken? LOl... He's kinda like the bad guy you love to hate. :p

The most I read of him was in the X-Force comics I think. He just came across as whiny.

He was portrayed best in Dark Wolverine which was mostly him on his own teasing many members of the Marvel Universe. I found it quite enjoyable.

Theres a few storylines I dig with Daken. He is a punk ass whiner alot of time. Wolverine definitely has better villains to use right now. Given the right story I'd be cool with it though. He has his moments.

I would much rather they go the X-23 clone route . Don't think theres enough room for 2 more characters with claws in the movie verse right now, and Daken won't be half as well received as Laura would.

Last edited:
Who should even be cast as Laura? I guess we would need an actress, that can pass as a young girl for years to come. You know, like Ellen page, who never seems to age.

Man, I dont know. Im horrible with casting. I think they should cast around a 16-20 year old for the main screen time of the role past her break out.

Who should even be cast as Laura? I guess we would need an actress, that can pass as a young girl for years to come. You know, like Ellen page, who never seems to age.

Someone like Malese Jow still looks pretty young.

We know that Stryker was conducting a whole host of nutty experiments, some of which involved Wolverine. You could easily say that X-23 was another one of those experiments. Also, she and Wolverine are not all that similar besides their powers.

No more Stryker! :argh:

For X-23 have Sarah Kinney, Dr Sutter, Zander Rice and Kimura involved.

Last edited:
He doesn't have to be in the movie, but him creating X-23 makes the most sense given the established film universe, simple as that.

He doesn't have to be in the movie, but him creating X-23 makes the most sense given the established film universe, simple as that.

If they have X-23 they really need her Origin imo. Or at the least Wolverine walking into a facility with clones all around. Strykers been dead since X2. I say leave him out of it. Tired of this going back and forth with Stryker through time. Wont kill them to bring in something new.

I'd much rather buy into another facility team trying to clone him. Im seriously sick of that character.

Edit: ****, after DOFP that punk might still be alive.

Last edited:
Maybe it could be a different division of the Weapon X program. While Stryker was all about turning existing Mutants into weapons, another group could be focused on cloning. Trying to create weapons that can be programmed and brainwashed since birth.

As long as they have her Mom involved Im cool with it. A great moment from the comics would be where they put the berzerker scent on Sarah.

So, another facility that we've never heard of and that has never once been mentioned or even vaguely alluded to would be preferable to the one that we know experimented on Wolverine as well as many other mutants? No, keep it simple. Stryker and Weapon X created X-23 and after his death, some other faction got ahold of her and turned her into this living weapon.

Would another Weapon plus facility be that hard to believe? You don't want the same exact thing we have already seen multiple times. You gotta switch it up, give a different motive and improve it. Or else whats the point? We've already seen Stryker pull the experiment **** on Wolverine, Deadpool, Deathstrike and other mutants. There is zero mystery or surprise when it comes to Stryker. They played every hand they can with him and his experiments, and we are probably gonna see that played out yet again in DOFP (hopefully Logan kills him somehow). There are other characters out there to use.

The whole issue with adding X-23 is she would be a redundant addition if not handled correctly. You have to create some sort of new intrigue with the character and her creators. There has to be that contrast in scientests, one who happens to be her mother. We already saw Wolverines Origins neutered, no reason to do that with X-23. Give us something different with someone else in command to explore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"