Can anyone work out how Hypertime and Widstorm Universes fit into IC?

Well yeah, he was also the first person to use it in the Kingdom - technically Morrison and Waid (not just Morrison) I suppose invented it. When they both left for Marvel, Hypertime was dead in the water.

I actually think I've heard that DC activly told people to move away from it, like the writer of Teen Titans at the time (can't remember the name - I think he may have been the same person who introduced Black Zero in Superboy (which I also think was the last time it was used)) and DC made people change stories to not involve Hypertime. For some reason they decided they didn't want it and without Waid and Morrison around to advocate it's use it died.

newmexneon said:
I think Multiple Earths' have existed for quite awhile now. Superman/Batman acknowledged Batman Beyond and the Red Sun universes. I think that all the elseworlds that have happened in the last few years were different earths in the DCU. Infinite Crisis showed a shot of Captain Atom in the wildstorm universe so I don't think they are as separated as we think.

Like someone already mentioned the "Back to the Future" thing... I don't think of what's gone on in Superman/Batman as multiple earths in the same way it was pre-crisis. It's more alternate timelines. In Back to the Future, when Marty's own history had been messed with either by himself or by Biff with the Sports Almanac...it wasn't a alternate earth he was in, it was his own earth just with the timeline screwed up. When the the timeline was corrected, things went back to normal for the most part and the alternate timeline ceased to exist.

That's what I figured was going on in Batman/Superman at first. After the last issue, it seems that there's a much more straightforward answer, though.
Mxy and the (presumably Mxy-empowered) Joker are creating alternate dimensions/timelines and popping Superman and Batman into them for kicks.

Damn corp... that makes perfect sense. Oh yeah and don't even get starte with hypertime.... Thats even worse but, not as confusing as multiverse. I can see them keeping that instead actually.

I don't mind the multiverse, just so long as there aren't comics following Earth-1 and Earth-2 and Earth-212439519 Supermen and stuff. The comics should follow the main continuity characters from one Earth and that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"