The Multiversers: Hypertime

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!"

Our hero steps forward.

"NEITHER of you can make the world a better place! If the Martians get the kid, everything will stay an emotionless dictatorship. And let me tell you, that is NOT making the world a better place. And if the resistance get's a hold of him, then everything will go back to the way it was, with the war and famine and all that crap. And you want to know why? BECAUSE THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT WORLD!!!!!!! There's always going to be problems. Always. Either too much order or too much chaos. What we need is a balance of the two. So, the kid is NOT going with the Martians. But the kid is also not going with the resistance seeing as how you guys are all out of your ****ing MINDS!!!!! So, we're going to hand the kid over to some nice wholesome couple who'll teach him how to be his own person and not a weapon in some stupid war. And if either of you have a problem with this, I've got a Kryptonian and some Hindu guy who can punch you at the speed of light standing right behind me who're probably feeling the same way I am."

Kara smiled at the Jesters pluck and wisdom.

She nodded.
"However since even that will not keep the child safe, I do think we need a plan to keep the parents as well as the child safe." She said, speaking slowly.

"Gordon'd be a good choice if he weren't in the resistance. And you know bat boy would use that as an excuse to turn the kid into his own personal weapon and not an actual person. Soooooo, our only real option is to kick these guys asses, get the hell out of here, and find a couple that they don;t know 'bout. Sound good to you?"

The Question said:
"Gordon'd be a good choice if he weren't in the resistance. And you know bat boy would use that as an excuse to turn the kid into his own personal weapon and not an actual person. Soooooo, our only real option is to kick these guys asses, get the hell out of here, and find a couple that they don;t know 'bout. Sound good to you?"

"Haha... idiots..." said J'onn. He sifted out of the room slowly while Martian after Martian sifted in. Soon, the rooms would be filled to the brim with Martians, glaring red with heat filled eyes.

"Arggghhh... not your battle... it's theirs..." Zatanna struggled to speak, of her own free will. "Yawa srednatsyb..."

As Martians and Resistance began to fight, Superwoman, the Jester, Savitar, and Don Allen began to dematerialize. Don looked at his father for the last time. As the Flash of this universe realized what was happening, he did not fight it, nor did Don. Instead, the Flash understood what was happening. They did not know what each other was thinking at the moment, but they hoped it brought them peace.

Heat Vision flew everywhere and blood spilled as the Multiversers left. They rematerialized in the middle of a barren Kansas as the ocean fell into where the Atlantis base used to be.

"Well. That was weird. And the fact that we have the baby with us, it's just so odd. That witch, who was supposed to be under their control, let us all escape, with the baby inculded. It's like some thinly veiled plot hole in a pen and paper RPG."

The Jester turns to the others.

"So, wanna look for these 'Kent' folks you were talking about?"

There is a place in this world where the magnetic fields of the Earth interfere with psychic transmissions. A place unknown to the Martians, or whatever's left of them. Due to the terraforming, the arctice ridge encompassing the magnetic north pole has become a safehaven for free humans, without resistance control and without Martian domain.

Jonathan Kent, once a sailor, now a farmer, washed upon the shores of this unknown island with his new wife Martha. They had discovered a village free from brainwashing and martian rule. He turned to farming, to support the agriclutural needs of the village. But they wanted a son, before they would leave this Earth, a son more than anything in this world...

God, I so want to get this arc over with. Well, I suppose a big coincidence wouldn't hurt.

"Hey, Savvy, why don't you run around and check if there are any other hiding places where the bat isn't in charge. Maybe we could drop the little brat off in one of them."

The Question said:
God, I so want to get this arc over with. Well, I suppose a big coincidence wouldn't hurt.

"Hey, Savvy, why don't you run around and check if there are any other hiding places where the bat isn't in charge. Maybe we could drop the little brat off in one of them."
"A sound idea", said the Lord of Motion as he disappeared.

Seconds past...and soon those seconds turned to minutes. But, five minutes later, Savitar returned with a smile on his usual grim face. He had only taken five minutes for them, but, for Savitar, those five minutes had been a relative decade.
Still, it was worth it.

"My friends, I believe we have found the perfect parents for the young Kryptonian. Superwoman, Don...follow me", he said as he snatched the Jester up and carried him under his arm as he ran to the northern pole.

Kara watched Savitar go, leaving her alone on the barren Kansas wasteland. She placed her hand over her stomach, all that had happened in the last few moments…she hardly remembered. She took a deep breath to calm herself before lifting into the sky, the baby in one arm and the spacecraft in the other. She shot off, the sonic boom rippling the air around her as she headed to the North Pole, she arrived a fem moments behind Savitar and landed, her eyes scanning the horizon before she smiled. Two familiar figures in the distance, one tilling the ground, and another walking towards him with a glass of water.

Turning to her team mates she smiled and held a hand up.

“Let me.” She flew off over the farmlands before setting space craft down at a distance. She walked towards them, Kal-El in her arms.

Jonathan held his arms out and brought Martha behind him his eyes wary.

“Who are you?” He demanded before Kara could say anything.

Kara stopped not wanting to scare them off.
“My name is Kara and….” Kara fished for the right words, before deciding simpler was better.

“I have something for you.”

“Oh? I don’t think you have anything we want, so get off our land, Martian.”

“I am not a Martian, though I have several of the abilities they do. I am from a planet called Krypton, and I offer you something that this world needs.”

“You can’t offer us anything. Why should we trust you?”

Kara smiled and shook her head, the breeze blowing her cape behind her, the edges flaring out like scarlet wings.

“Because, I have something you want.” She held out the bundle she was holding, allowing the red fabric to fall from Kal-El’s face. She heard Martha’s gasp and heard both of their heartbeats speed up as Kal-El smiled at them and coo’ed, a small ringlet falling on his forehead.

Jonathan held up his tiller.

“You’re tricking us.”

“No, I’m not. I know you want a child, a son, and I know how often you’ve prayed about it.” her voice a little husky as she remembered how her Martha had described their yearning for a child before their Clark had arrived. She swallowed, her own newly awakened maternal instincts bonding her to the feminine urge to have children.

“Please, he must be kept safe from the Martians, if they knew where he was they’d force him against mankind.”

She waited as Martha tugged on Jonathan’s arm, at this distance Martha’s whispering would be easy for Kara to hear yet she closed her ears and allowed them to speak in private.

Jonathan turned back to her.

“How do we know this isn’t a Martian trick to infiltrate our community? Where’s the proof?”

Kara motioned behind her to the spaceship and stepped back allowing the Kent’s a wide berth to walk to the ship and look at it.

“This ship landed in Kansas yesterday, with this child in it.”

Jonathan ran his hands along the outside of the hull and at the writing on it.

“It’s not Martian design.” He said, more in awe and shock than statement.

“No..” Kara said.

“Why…” Martha spoke for the first time.
“Why can’t you take care of him if he comes from the same world as you?”

“We come from the same world, he is even my cousin, yet we do not come from the same universe. Where I am from this child grows into a mighty hero, and I am here to ensure that it happens here as well.”

Jonathan and Martha looked at each other and leaned their heads towards each other whispering, Martha’s yearning glances towards Kal-El spoke worlds to Kara.
Before long Martha stepped forward, with Jonathan behind her and held her arms out, her voice trembling with excitement and emotion.
“We shall take him as our son.” She said, Kara could see the ache of Martha’s arms to hold the child and she gentle placed Kal-El into Martha’s arms. Marth Kent’s eyes brimmed with tears as she gazed down at the child she held before brushing the ringlet from his forehead, only to have it fall quickly back in place. Jonathan leaned over Martha’s shoulder his face beaming with happiness, yet touched with worry. Kara stepped back and rose into the air.

“His name on his native planet is Kal-El, yet he is yours to rename.” she said, her voice causing the Kent’s to refocus attention on her, as she felt a familier sensation. Their eyes widening as Kara rose into the air, the sunlight glinting off her hair before she faded away in a burst of golden dust.

Martha held Kal-El to her chest.
“An angel…” She whispered.

Kara let the familiar feeling of the transporter beam overtake her as she felt herself slip from this Universe to Cronus’s ship.

"Finally!"

The team apears on the ship.

"Thank the source you all came back. I was worried you might fail. Even if you knew how things were going to turn out, which I did (because I'm amazing), it was quite nerve racking."

I step towards them.

"So, before the next battle for the safety of the multiverse, you should sit back. Relax. Have some drinks. And, if any of you wants out, now's the time to tell me."

The Jester steps forward.

"Well, not that this wasn't fun and all, but I'd like to be getting back home. This interdimensional stuff gives me a headache."

"As you wish. You shall be returned to your world at the exact moment you left it. You have done well."

He disapears in a flash of light.

"Anyone else?"

Savitar thought it over for a second, which was an hour to him, before replying.

"I will stay. If there are other worlds out there in the same dire shape as the one we just visited, they will need help. Besides, you will be able to transport me back to the exact moment of time you originally took me from, correct?"

"I think that under my present...circumstance, it would be best if I stepped down." She paused, she had Supermans blood in her veins and she couldn't just turn her back on people in need.

"However if there is ever a need in which you need me, I am at your disposal."

twylight said:
"I think that under my present...circumstance, it would be best if I stepped down." She paused, she had Supermans blood in her veins and she couldn't just turn her back on people in need.

"However if there is ever a need in which you need me, I am at your disposal."
"Good luck, Superwoman", said Savitar with a repectful nod, "it was a honor to fight by your side."

"Allright, Superwoman. I'll find a replacement for you for the time being."

With that, I send Superwoman from wence she came.

"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to respectfully step down, Mr. Cronos."

"Are you sure, Donald?"

"Yup. This ain't my area of expertese. I'm more at home puttin' bullets in rapists and bail hoppers. Not savin' the universe."

"So be it."

Don disapears.

"So, Savitar, it seems like it's just you and I. I will retire to my quarters to create a new team. You should rest up for now."

The Question said:
"Allright, Superwoman. I'll find a replacement for you for the time being."

With that, I send Superwoman from wence she came.

"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to respectfully step down, Mr. Cronos."

"Are you sure, Donald?"

"Yup. This ain't my area of expertese. I'm more at home puttin' bullets in rapists and bail hoppers. Not savin' the universe."

"So be it."

Don disapears.

"So, Savitar, it seems like it's just you and I. I will retire to my quarters to create a new team. You should rest up for now."
"Very well", said Savitar before moving away in a flash to his quarters.

Falling into the comfortable bed, the Lord of Motion, tired from his ordeals with the Martians, fell asleep almost instantly.

The Multiversers

crisisoninfiniteearthspostersm.jpg

THE STORY

After the events of the Crisis on Infinite Earths, there existed only one Universe, consisting of the well-known DC Earth. The Multiverse ceased to exist, and instead the Last Universe ran on the power of Hypertime. But as time went on, tangent Universes began to pop up, leaving behind the power of Hypertime to Universe Prime (the once Last Universe), and creating the Multiverse yet again.
This time, though, Cronus, a near omnipotent being on par with the Quintessence, was left in charge of keeping track of the finite Universes and make sure they are left stable. Instability within the Universes would mean that the given Universe would be forced to be wiped from all planes of existence. Cronus, though however powerful, was not allowed to interfere- only to calculate and record data.

Cronus kept track of the Time that built up each given Universe and pinpointed stages in those Universes' development in which the events of Time would build up to unstability, called Collapse Points. In order to prevent these Universal implosions, Cronus called on Super Heroes from different Universes. These Super Heroes' respective Universes had no Collapse Points, thus were in no need to be interfered in. Unstable beings traveling through the Multiverse could possibly mean the end of the WHOLE Multiverse. Only beings from stable Universes can travel through the Multiverse.

Thus, in order to prevent the Universal implosions, the Superheroes would be sent to stop certain events from happening, in a reality different than their own, and in one beyond their comprehension.
Any failure in the mission would result in the Universe being wiped out, and any success would result in the given Universe being stable for all Eternity.
However good or bad, each Universe must be fought for with great passion and fervor, and each mission is hoped to be completed by the heroes.

These Superheroes are called….
THE CHOSEN

Savitar
Unknown
Designation: Universe-0463

Ex-villain of his homeworld now hero. A pillar of the Speed Force, he is one to be reckoned with.

Played by Johnny Blaze

Black Canary III
Mia Dearden-Queen
Designation: Universe-281

The third Black Canary, trained and raised by Ollie and Dinah Queen.
One of the many newcomers to the group of Multiversers, we shall see how she adapts to the team.

Played by twylight

The Batman
Terrence Thomas Wayne/ Terrence McGuiness
Designation: Universe-5617

Played by Batnkevlar

The Arrow Lantern
Oliver “Ollie” Queen
Designation: Universe-2011

Shipwrecked and deserted he found Hal Jordan’s dying body in a Spaceship. Accepting the calling of the Green Lantern Corp he has become something else entirely.

Played by Master Bruce

Predator
Garfield Logan
Designation: Universe-666

A cannibalistic Anti-Hero his calling as a Chosen is not yet explained, yet he joins the new recruits and they all hope his appetite is curbed.

Played by SuperFerret

DD
Doomsday
Designation: Universe-4396Z

Played by LibrarianThorne

Mission-Related-Characters

Bat-Mite

Designation:

Played by MaskedManJRK

_______________________________________​

Second Mission Brief

crisisonmultipleearthsposter3o.jpg

GAMEMASTERS

The Multiverse is so huge, though nothing compared to the splendor of what it used to be, before the Crisis. Amidst this there are troubled universes, universes that are in need of a visit from a team of heroes accumulated from other Universes. Given the events and success of the previous mission I do not doubt that the team will succeed on this next mission. Given the loss of 4 of the team members I must dig into the resources I’d made provisions for. Superwoman is the greatest loss yet she is not ready to face the truth. For now my short list of less than 25 eligible recruits will do until she can return.

I’ve chosen five. Five heroes to bolster the ranks of my little army, as the ones before them they will be called, The Chosen

“Savitar: He proved his worth in the first mission now let’s see how he will lead the new team. Designation: Universe-0463.”

“Black Canary III: A ground based hero with sharp eyes and arrows, well versed in Martial Arts. Designation: Universe-281”

“The Batman:
Designation: Universe-5617”

“The Arrow Lantern: The Oliver Queen of his Universe, he brings in the capabilities of flight, how he reacts and is reacted to by other team members will be monitored. Designation: Universe 2011”

“Predator: Anti-hero, hopefully he will play well with the others.
Designation : Universe-666”

“DD:
Designation: Universe-4396Z”

Already I can see DD and The Batman, the one called Terry McGuiness, in their universes. Soon the others will be seen and then called.

IC: Bat-Mite

Hi! I'm Bat-Mite, and I'm Batman's biggest fan!

I used to have great adventures with Batman and the Bat-Family, yep, we did. Once, I made this big Sphinx pop right out of thin air, and Batman and Robin still saved the day!

Those were great times, having adventures with Batman, Robin, Batwoman, Batgirl, and Ace the Bat-Hound.

Then...something happened.

I figured out from others still in the Forth Demension, but there was this big multi-universal battle, and all of the parallel Earths were destroyed, save one.

I survived, but, I'm trapped somewhere between the Forth Demension and Earth. Even with my powers, I couldn't move outside of it! Even when I saw more Earths form afterwards, I was still stuck in this prison.

I could still see what happened in the other Earths, though; my powers went that far. It was rough at first, but I got used to being only an observer. I watched as the universe and the other Earth's around it formed, tried to guess to see how each Earth would be different to the others.

Millinieums and centries passed, and eventually I watched the other Earths at around the times I remember before the "Crisis."

A few decades later, I looked at one of the Earths--one that has no superheroes, only in the comic books. I watched on one day in one of the "comic book shops," where two little kids, somewhere around 9 or so, were looking at issues with me on them.

"Dude, what the f**k is that?"
"Let me see...oh s**t! It's a f**king Leprechaun!"
"What? ...Oh. My. F**king. God. Look at this little f**king f****t!"
"I know, it's so gay, f**king fifties style."
"I know, if that little..."F*g-Mite was real, I'd kick the s**t out of it for being so stupid!"
"Yo, man, drop it, the new issues of X-Factor are in!"
"Sweet! Liefeld like a motha'f**ka!"

This wasn't the first time I heard something like this, but nothing so...strangely worded. I had to make a dictionary with my powers, and I still couldn't get half the words (or their taste in art).

I tried to shrug it off, I really did. But, I kept hearing it...more...and more...and more...

About this time, I...felt...different emotions than before. Before, I was happy, and joyful, and optimistic. Now...now I knew...sorrow, pain...hate.

For the first time in milleninia, I felt hate--towards the kids that insulted me for no reason, towards whatever put me here in this tortureous prison, at myself, for apparently not being good enough to be allowed freedom...

And...and at Batman. Isn't Batman's job to save people? Why...why couldn't he save me? I'm his friend! I'm his biggest fan!

Why can't my hero save me?!

I don't remember anymore how the idea came to me--I must have thought about it countless times during the many, many, many years--but it wasn't until that movie of Batman one universe made recently that it was put conscienously in my head. One of the characters said to me, "Will is everything."

Maybe I CAN get out of here, maybe I just haven't tried hard enough!

First, I looked down at myself. I had a really good feeling that it was my appearence that made me riddiculed in these new Earths. I'm an elf, for Pete's sake, I can change into whatever I want, right?

I eventually decide to go with the guy that's now playing Batman in the movies in that one universe, Chris-something. Then, I change my costume, looking more like the tradictional Batman suit.

I focused, I concentrated. For what felt like years I willed my powers to break out of my asylum.

Slowly, but surely, the walls cracked, and shifted, and turned, and chipped, and finally, after so, so long, it broke.

I'M FREE!

I find myself on Earth--I'm not sure which one, but does it really matter? I'm going to show them.

I'm going to show them that I'm not weak. I'm not a failure. I'm not a lame, stupid person who is unworthy of sharing the mantle of the Bat.

I'm going to show them I'm worthy of being Batman's biggest fan.

I'm going to show them.

I'm going to show them ALL.

My name is Oliver Queen. I'm your basic everyman billionaire playboy running around in a pair of tights.

Oh, with a cosmic level power ring on my finger.

I'm also the Green Lantern of Earth. Yeah, Green Lantern. Some people see that as impressive. But right now... I'm beginning to regret ever taking it on. Why, you may ask?

An explosion errupts, knocking the Lantern back, sending him crashing into The Flash. The two go tumbling across Star City Square, as the the army of escaped superpowered criminals advances.

Oh, I have my reasons.

The Flash looks over at The Lantern. His look conveys worry.

"Gotanyotherplans,AL?"

The Lantern stands up. His power ring glows.

"One. We fight like hell until we can get some damned reenforcements."

"Worksforme!"

The Lantern floats into the air, and begins forming a giant bow.

See, this is what's happening. A bunch of escaped inmates from across the world have banded together to defeat The Outsiders. Same ole stuff, really. We get death threats every week. However, there's just one, tiny little problem.

...Most of the Outsiders aren't here. So I'm stuck with two backup members: The Flash, otherwise known as Bartholemew Allen... The last living speedster, and...

Wonder Woman flies forward, at inhuman speeds slamming into Brainiac with a fearsome amount of punches.

... Well, her.

Damn it, Batman... You just had to get married on this particular week, didn't ya?

The Lantern finishes his weapon: A large, abnormal sized bow with hundreds of razor sharp arrows. The Lantern closes one eye, aiming...

Alright... I got one chance to make this count. Do it right, Queen. Goddamnit, Do it right...

And then, The Lantern lets them fly. Every one of the arrows are aimed right for a body part on one of the supercriminals, and... better yet... every one of them hits directly where it was supposed to. Sinestro screams in pain as two arrows stick out of him: One in the arm, one in the leg. The Joker howls with laughter as he's shot into a wall, by one of them. Zoom tries to dodge one, but ends up getting shot in both feet, flipping him over and knocking him down.

Flash looks up at the Lantern, sticking his tongue out at him at hyper fast speeds.

"You'rejustabigshowoff.Youknowthat,right?"

The Lantern smirks, floating back down. Wonder Woman joins them.

"That takes care of these clowns, for the moment. But there are still some roaming in BludHaven. I just got a transmission from J'onn. Solomon Grundy, Cheetah, The Scarecrow... They're all loose."

The Lantern sighs.

"Oh, well that's just dandy."

"AnywordfromClarkandSelina?"

Wonder Woman shakes her head.

"Still on their honeymoon. On Orion."

The Flash looks at The Lantern.

"WhohonestlyhasahoneymoononOrion,anyway?"

The Lantern shrugs.

"The kind of man who flies around dressed like a Bat, I guess."

Wonder Woman looks at The Lantern.

"Ready?"

The Lantern's ring glows, as he engulfs all three in a gigantic bubble.

"No. But that's not gonna change the fact that we're gonna have to kick some superpowered criminal scum, does it?"

The bubble floats out of Star City, heading for BludHaven.

My name is Oliver Queen. Welcome to a little thing I like to call my life.

... Hope you punks aren't afraid of heights.

Gotham City, Earth #666

This is an odd task for me. Gotham is Dick's city, now at least. Batman was it's protector until one week ago, until the Joker killed him. Ever since then, Robin's been hunting the clown, with little success.

So he called a real hunter.

I've been in Gotham an hour, and I've already found the Joker's scent. He smells of chemicals and death, and with the nose of a turkey vulture (which has the largest proportional olfactory cavity on the fossil record) he stuck out like a sore infected thumb. I'm not too concerned about what I'll do when I find him, but I do know I'm sure as hell not gonna eat him. He's probably poisonous, most things in the animal kingdom which are that colorful usually are.

I've tracked him to an abadoned warehouse, which, now that I think about it, is the only type of warehouse Gotham seems to have. He's sitting alone on a chair in the middle of a big empty room which was only illuminated by a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling, just talking to himself. Talking and laughing. I'm perched above him, looking down at him in the shadows above the light bulb. This position allows me to see him, but obscures me from his vision.

Heh, I've just got an idea.

I change, shifting by body's shape drastically. I keep the basic avian build, but the feathers fade, my wingspan grows, and my skin becomes leathery. In less than a minute, I go from turkey vulture to pteranodon. I flap my wings once.

The Joker freaks out, the sound of my large, leathery bat-like wings seems to have scared the bejeesus out of him.

I change again, to the form of a vampire bat, and drop down below the light, flying around the Joker in a circle. He tries to shoot me but I'm faster and a small, moving target is very difficult to hit, especially when scared. He soon runs out of bullets and throws the gun at me. Missed again.

I fly into the darkness again, and change into a hyena. He runs in after me, but can't see me in the shadows. But I can see him.

I make a hyena's call, the infamous "laugh". I see him jump in fright. He begins to mutter to himself, he's driving himself deeper into insanity. He's standing on the other side of a tall metal frame holding shelves covered with dust. It looks heavy enough to crush a man.

Did you know that hyenas are actually able to chew through certain metals? I do, and can. So I begin gnawing, weakening the structure, surprised that the Joker hasn't moved from where he stands. Oh well, it's his funeral.

Takes me five minutes to weaken the structure to the point of almost tipping over.

A gorilla should, and does, have the strength to shove this over, and that's exactly what I do. The Joker screams as he's crushed, his head bursting like a watermelon under a truck. Nasty, yet tempting.

One sniff of his blood deters by hunger. His blood is, was, definitely toxic.

I leave the warehouse, not bothering to call Dick to tell him the job is done. I'm hungry, and I'm sure Gotham has some more edible criminals that I could deal with.

The being he fought was not a man. It was not a god. It was... something else. Something that threatened Earth. They fought above the streets of Metropolis. It had been his city. The one he'd killed. Superman's.

Above him Wonder Woman flew, desperately deflecting blasts of energies from the Parademons. The Parademons had been strong enough to hold him, though only for a little while. Batman's plan was flawless, he would admit. The Justice League would act as both distraction and strike force. A swift battle upon the ships of Apokolips was the only way to end this invasion quickly, while another team acted to lessen as much damage as possible. The only way to save lives.

The gray-skinned creature struck him with a force that he could barely comprehend. It echoed around the room like a thunderclap.
"You are the Doomsday weapon, creature. But not even your might can stay my hand."
"You talk too much," he replied, striking the being known as Darkseid in the chest with a powerful hammer blow. "You threaten Earth. You threaten all the life on it. That is reason enough for me to stop you."

The blow sent Darkseid flying backwards into what looked like an array of computers. For a moment, the evil being was surrounded by the smoke of the destroyed machines, but he emerged a moment later. Blood trickled from the corner of the god's mouth, but still he smiled. "Hah. A weapon talks down to me. You realize, of course, that it is because of you that I will win this day. After all, you killed Superman, the only worthwhile leader this pathetic excuse for a planet had. It is poor comedy that you oppose me now."

"HeyDyousureyoudon'tneedahand?" the Flash said as he streaked by. The creature recalled the first time he had met the Flash outside Keystone City. Like many of the heroes, he had been hesitant around him at first. Scared, even. But things had changed as all things must. Now, though, he was a blur of motion and energy, zooming around the bridge.

"I can handle Darkseid, Flash. Wonder Woman looked like she needed some help. Dozens of Darkseid's soldiers were attacking her."

"Alright,bigguy.Onesavedamazoncomingrightup."

With that, the Flash zoomed off into the distance, and the sound of battle reached Doomsday's ears. He turned and faced Darkseid again.

"You are right, Darkseid. I am a weapon. Before, I was a weapon pointed at the universe, I was uncaring, unfeeling, an engine of pure destruction. But I was shown a better way. Now, I am a weapon still. But I am a weapon against evil, against those that would threaten this planet. You are one of those threats, Darkseid. And this is your Doomsday."

dooms.jpg

We land in BludHaven. Never really liked the place...

While the Metropolis District of Gotham City is practically a utopia, BludHaven is... well... as opposite as you can get.

The Lantern phases through his ring-created bubble, stepping on the streets, followed by Wonder Woman and The Flash. They look around the deserted area around them.

"..."

"Great Hera!"

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just don't think I've ever seen Flash speechless."

"A miracle, indeed."

The Lantern and his comrades look up to see J'onn-El, The Martian Manhunter. J'onn lands, from the sky, practically weakened. As he composes himself, The Lantern folds his arms.

"Alright... I'll bite. Where the hell is everyone?"

"The escaped convicts have made their way north. They've become more powerful than we've ever faced."

The Flash smirked, behind them.

"Nobiggie.We'lljusthavetokicktheirassesharderthanusual,Right?"

J'onn says nothing, looking at the Flash. His look conveys worry.

"..."

"RIGHT?!"

"I wish I shared your enthusiasm... But after what I just witnessed... I'm afraid we may not be able to handle this thread on our own."

"Nonsense. We've beaten them before. Arrow Lantern took half of them out by himself, Back in Star City. We will not back down. It is not the warrior's way, and we are as such."

"You don't understand..."

The Lantern raised his eyebrow.

"What do you mean, big guy?"

J'onn heavily considered what he was about to say, before finally coming out with it.

"These are not the first ones to strike BludHaven within the last hour. Several of them have. Several... Several of the same. We're dealing with clones."

Did I hear that right? Because I could've sworn the green guy infront of me just said something about genetic copies of the world's most dangerous criminals.

Then again, I'm not of sound mind.

As Wonder Woman, Flash, and The Arrow Lantern stood, speechless, J'onn continued.

"The clones were obviously created in secrecy. I recieved a telepathic transmission coming from them. They're all being controlled by one, singular being."

The Lantern gritted his teeth. He knew what came next.

"Luthor..."

"Whoahwhoahwhoah,holdup...Isn'thedead? IthoughtBraniacfriedhisbrainwhenhetriedtotakeovertheworldthelasttime."

"With Luthor, never assume logicality."

The four heroes looked up to see their leader, floating above them, with his bride in arms. Her name was Selina Lane. The Catwoman. And him? The legendary leader of the Outsiders... Clark Kent. The Batman.

"Finally!"

"How're we gonna stop him, then? If he's just going to keep making clones... He'll eventually wear us down, won't he?"

Batman and Catwoman land amongst the heroes.

"Not if we can find Luthor first."

"You know we can't do that. If we let these... monstrosities out of our sights for even one second, they'll tear the planet in two. We cannot risk it."

The Catwoman looked up at her cowled husband, who stood, nearly emotionless as the time passed around him.

"She's right. You know Luthor will use any sign of us backing down to his advantage. And even if we do find Luthor, what's to stop him from making more?"

The Batman finally looked up.

"I've contemplated this moment countless times. Days. Years. Months. Every waking moment, I've added to this. I was afraid it would come... but we may not have a choice, now."

... Is he thinking what I think he's thinking?

Oh... We're boned. Big time. Sure, we may live to fight another day... but after this, I don't think we'll ever be viewed the same way again.

The Lantern looked at Batman, eyes widened.

"You don't mean...?"

"Yes. I'm afraid... for the sake of the entire world... Lex Luthor must die. By my hands."

As Wonder Woman would say, in this instance...

'Hera, help us.'

"Hera, help us."

Damn it. I hate being right.

I glide in between the plasteel buildings, going as fast as I can. I had to give up JL hunger aid to Portugal, all because of some freaks from my gallery. Bart's always talking about his troubles with his Rogues and Zoom, but my ones really take the cake.
Take Inque for instance. Crazy one, that one is. A JL classified level A shifter, she’s hard enough to take on when she’s alone. Try facing her when she’s backed up. She killed her family and anyone who was connected to her, in order to go into assassin work. Which brings me to Curare.

Primal ninja girl, never seen her face, never want to. Only people who have are six feet under. She’s chosen to stick with the old fashioned weapons, swords, sais, shuriken. The old stuff. I gotta watch my back for her.

Let’s talk about Shriek, shall we? Not much battle experience, just a crazy suit that emits sound waves. The guys deaf as they come, though, shouldn’t be too hard.

Batbeast, with his 20 foot wingspan, is a monster. Literally. Not related to Man-Bat, though close enough. Same formula. Don’t ask. He’s bigger, stronger, faster, and scarier. Seriously, there’s a Batbeast in all our nightmares.

The last member of this jolly bunch is Mr. Freeze. Lucky me. The leader of the pack and with more experience myself. He’s been around long enough my dad’s fought him. Like father, like son I suppose.

They call themselves the Inequity Collection. Don’t know whether they’re together for revenge, money, or universal power. Whatever they’re together for, it’s not pretty. People always end up dead. I’m here to make sure that doesn’t happen.

I see them in an alleyway, after robbing some museum. Same old tricks. I glide down and while throwing a batarang at Shriek’s visor (he can’t hit what he can’t see, and he definitely can’t hear), I land on top of Inque. She dissolves below me, and I can see the other villains getting ready to attack.

“Who is it?!!!” asks Shriek, running around unable to see.

I am Terry McGuiness.

I am Bruce Wayne’s son.

I was Deathstroke’s apprentice.

I was Cassandra Cain’s apprentice.

I am vengeance.

I am the night.

“I AM BATMAN.”

sku1506.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"