The Multiversers: Hypertime

batnkevlar said:
The batjet dunks underwater and heads deeper and deeper...

The world's funnyest man turns to the dark knight detective.

"OOH! OOH! Are we going to Atlantis?! PLEASE say we're going to Atlantis! I've always wanted to go to Atlantis!"

The Question said:
The world's funnyest man turns to the dark knight detective.

"OOH! OOH! Are we going to Atlantis?! PLEASE say we're going to Atlantis! I've always wanted to go to Atlantis!"

"We're going to Atlantis. Now shut up."

We land in a barren area of the ocean. We touch down on the seafloor.

"Get out."

"Ummmm, I don't know if you've noticed, Mr. I like to wear black leather, nut we're underwater, ......"

Our great hero leans in close to the not so caped crusader, and pulls down the collar of his shirt, revealing his neck.

.....I know what you're thinking, and you're a sick pervert because of it.

"....and I ain't got no gills."

Interesting, thought Savitar as he watched the plane and his teammates dive into the ocean.

Savitar waited a good thirty seconds before going in after them. After all, he'd have to hold his breath, and he wanted to time it right so that he would arrive at the same time they did.

After giving it a bit of time, Savitar dived into the rolling waves and, at super speed, swam in the direction of his comrades.
They were out of sight, but the Kryptonian's speed wake was easy enough to feel and follow.
Soon the Lord of Motion was reaching the sea bed just as the Batman's plane touched down.
In conserve his air supply, Savitar phased into the batplane.

I looked at the clown, and smiled. The speedster has just phased in, and I hand a breathing apparatus to the speedster and myself. I smile at the clown, who i handed no such thing, and i opened up the cockpit.

The look of horror was evident on his face as he exaggeratingly gasped for air where the was none. He clutched his throat like an actor on stage. I then jumped out of the cockpit and took of my rebreather.

It was air. Nice air, unpolluted. But cramped. I could tell it neevr circluated. It was just, there.

I walked on the seafloor, where I see barren sand. No plants, no ruins, nothing. A whiel back, this was once a flowering kingdom. But the Martians destroyed it all, leaving no ruins whatsoever and no probability for life. They haven't been back since.

"Come with me. Don't wander off, or you'll find yourself actually on the seafloor."

"OH GOD! OH GOD! I CAN'T........oh."

Our hero jumps out of the plan, walks up to the dark knight, and leans in close to him with a very stern face.

Then, a smile slowly grows.

"Now that was funny. And who says you don't have a sense of humor?"

"Right", said Savitar, "now, if we are through with the jokes maybe we can continue on this quest to keep the infant safe."

Savitar turned to the Batman and gestured with his hands, "Lead the way."

I turn on the sensors in my helmet. A red path lights up across the sand. I walk it, and beckon for the others to follow. Once, when I fought an alien ally of the Martians, one by the name of Despero, he invaded my mind. So, in a desperate attempt to save myself, i shoved his head through the barriers between water and this underground safehouse. His head was instantly crushed under the water pressure. Serves him right.

I got to a point where I would have hit a door, if i didn't know it was invisible. I shoved my hand in the keyhole and the door unlocked,and I lead us all inside.

Inside was as close to a parasdise as could be found on Earth. All free humans were eventually left here. It was a huge dome underwater, kept safe by a holographic projector that concealed it's whereabouts. It also had flame jets in every wall and ceiling, just in case it was needed.

Life flourished down here, miles below the surface of the water. Metas and humans, even a few aliens that we could trust, such as the Hawk and Mr. Sur.

"Now to find Gordon. Don't run off, walk. There are failsafes to keep everything in check."

Kara looked around and set the spaceship on the ground, and unlatched it pulling the child from his restraints. He gooed happily and Kara smiled as she picked the space ship up with one hand.

She was looking forward to meeting this universes Jim Gordon.

batnkevlar said:
I turn on the sensors in my helmet. A red path lights up across the sand. I walk it, and beckon for the others to follow. Once, when I fought an alien ally of the Martians, one by the name of Despero, he invaded my mind. So, in a desperate attempt to save myself, i shoved his head through the barriers between water and this underground safehouse. His head was instantly crushed under the water pressure. Serves him right.

I got to a point where I would have hit a door, if i didn't know it was invisible. I shoved my hand in the keyhole and the door unlocked,and I lead us all inside.

Inside was as close to a parasdise as could be found on Earth. All free humans were eventually left here. It was a huge dome underwater, kept safe by a holographic projector that concealed it's whereabouts. It also had flame jets in every wall and ceiling, just in case it was needed.

Life flourished down here, miles below the surface of the water. Metas and humans, even a few aliens that we could trust, such as the Hawk and Mr. Sur.

"Now to find Gordon. Don't run off, walk. There are failsafes to keep everything in check."
"Fine", said Savitar as he crossed his arms over his chest and straightened his posture, "we shall remain here. But no tricks, Wayne. Remember, we are on the same side."

Johnny Blaze said:
"Fine", said Savitar as he crossed his arms over his chest and straightened his posture, "we shall remain here. But no tricks, Wayne. Remember, we are on the same side."

"If that is true, why don't you trust ME?"

I walk down a corridor, past a young flying boy clad in scarlet and a lightning bolt. I then stop by a locked door.

"Oh, pardon me, there is something I have to check up on."

I then leave them behind and lock the door behind me as I look up at the monitors before me.

Kara focuses her X-Ray vision on the door to see what he's doing. Her eyebrow raising.

Before me, on the monitors, buildings crumbled down. These were camera shots of the Earth mainland. Coast City had finally fallen, the last of the human strongholds. I see Martians flying about, slicing people up with their so-called "Martian Vision". I see bodies flying dead each and every way. And in a split-second, in their swoop attack, Coast is gone.

I tear up for a second, as my associates freeze frame, slow down, reverse the film to see what exactly happened.

I exit the room and regain my composure.

"Now what were we up to? Oh yes, Gordon. Um, right this way..."

I lead them off through another set of corridors.

We walk for a little while down a corridor and enter a room. In the room is an old man, twice as old as i am.

"Here he is. Gordon. What now? Finished?"

Kara smiled, looking at the kindly gray haired man....well..at least he was kindly on her earth. He was the father of her best friend, Babs Gordon, the Oracle.

"Well, Superwoman", said Savitar as he looked at his teammate who held the child Superman, and then back again to the old Jim Gordon.
"I believe it's your move."

Kara stepped forward and bowed slightly.

" Mr. Gordon, we are travellers from a different Universe and our purpose was to ensure that this child reaches the right hands. He is to be brought up in the way's of men and become mankinds protector in the future."

She waited for a reply, having used all the diplomacy Diana had taught her.

twylight said:
Kara stepped forward and bowed slightly.

" Mr. Gordon, we are travellers from a different Universe and our purpose was to ensure that this child reaches the right hands. He is to be brought up in the way's of men and become mankinds protector in the future."

She waited for a reply, having used all the diplomacy Diana had taught her.

"If you have brought him to protect mankind, then you have brought him to the right place..." said Gordon sincerely.

Slowly, through the wall sifted three Martians. Batman turned around and took out his flamethrower.

"Wait wait!" said the green martian, J'onn. "Let's do this like civilized people. Superwoman, if you need mankind to be protected, you have indeed brought Kal-El to the right place."

batnkevlar said:
"If you have brought him to protect mankind, then you have brought him to the right place..." said Gordon sincerely.

Slowly, through the wall sifted three Martians. Batman turned around and took out his flamethrower.[/COLOR]
"What trickery is this!?"

Savitar instantly went into speed mode as the Martians phased through the wall. Had the Batman set them up? Was this all an elaborate trap? Or was there another party involved in this?

We can answer those questions later, Savy. Right now the people need us.

You're right. The civilians are in danger.

Moving at speeds indescribable, the Lord of Motion moved every single one of the civilians in the immediate area out of harm's way. It took some time, a whole two seconds, but eventually every innocent was clear.
Now to business.

batnkevlar said:
"Wait wait!" said the green martian, J'onn. "Let's do this like civilized people. Superwoman, if you need mankind to be protected, you have indeed brought Kal-El to the right place."

Savitar returned in time to hear J'onn make his statement. Although a part of him wanted to trust him, he knew that this J'onn was the enemy. Still, with his blocker still safely in place, Savitar would not have to worry about telepathic attacks. And, as a true master of the Speed Force, Savitar was more than capable of handling a Martian in a fight.
He'd stay his hand and see what J'onn had to say, but he shifted his body's molecules to make himself intangible. One can never be too careful.

"State your business, J'onn. And do so quickly", said Savitar with a determined look. His instincts ready to take him back into speed mode the nanosecond it looks like the Martians will attack.

Johnny Blaze said:
"What trickery is this!?"

Savitar instantly went into speed mode as the Martians phased through the wall. Had the Batman set them up? Was this all an elaborate trap? Or was there another party involved in this?

We can answer those questions later, Savy. Right now the people need us.

You're right. The civilians are in danger.

Moving at speeds indescribable, the Lord of Motion moved every single one of the civilians in the immediate area out of harm's way. It took some time, a whole two seconds, but eventually every innocent was clear.
Now to business.

Savitar returned in time to hear J'onn make his statement. Although a part of him wanted to trust him, he knew that this J'onn was the enemy. Still, with his blocker still safely in place, Savitar would not have to worry about telepathic attacks. And, as a true master of the Speed Force, Savitar was more than capable of handling a Martian in a fight.
He'd stay his hand and see what J'onn had to say, but he shifted his body's molecules to make himself intangible. One can never be too careful.

"State your business, J'onn. And do so quickly", said Savitar with a determined look. His instincts ready to take him back into speed mode the nanosecond it looks like the Martians will attack.

Batman pulled the trigger of his flamethrower as he lit a white martian on fire, who was invisible at the time.

"Don't pull tricks on us, J'onn. What the **** do you want?"

With his "martian vision", Batman's flamethrower was no more.

"Haha, I want to present the defense to the jury."

Kara's heart skipped a beat as the Martians came through the wall..

How stupid she should have heard them first..or seen them. Why didn't she scan the room?

She held Kal-El to her chest tightly, her motherly instincts kicking in.

"Haha, I want to present the defense to the jury."

"I doubt that has to be the case." She said her eyes burning red as she waited for one of them to mistep.

Our hero looks at the Martians before him.

"Ummmm, didn't we blow you guys up?"

"Ah yes, blowing up is certain death, indeed, if i was a low human. I am a Martian, mightier than the gods themselves. We are faster than your puny bullets, stronger than your locomotives, able to leap your filthy ruins in a single bound."

J'onn moves around Batman, who clutches the burnt hand he weilds. He turns to Superwoman.

"You dropped me into a forest, lighting me on fire. How did I not see that coming? Do you know what 'Mood morf nno'j evas" is?"

Batman eyes opened wide, yet no one of the others knew what he was talking about.

"It is the words of a puppet, carefully crafted to our image. A weilder of enormous potential. Though, wonderfully enough, can never turn from us..."

A white martian, holding something in his hand, steps near J'onn. With a wave, a woman appears in the white Martians grip. She is bald, painted green all over, and her eyes glowing red. Yet she is unmistakebly Bruce Wayne's old ally, one from long ago. She wears fishnet stockings, and gypsy style earrings and has two burn marks on her forehead.

"Do you remember her, Bruce? Ex-lover Zatanna Zatara? Wonderful is it not? Much power. But she is ours."

"KILL THEM ALL!" yelled Bruce from beneath his helmet.

"No. We got in here easily, though i cannot say the same for all of you. Care to hear my side of the story?"

Kara's eyes continued to burn, energy crackling around them. If not for the child in her arms she'd have torn him asunder and buried him within the volcanos at the bottom of the ocean.

"Speak and make it quick." She said curtly.

twylight said:
Kara's eyes continued to burn, energy crackling around them. If not for the child in her arms she'd have torn him asunder and buried him within the volcanos at the bottom of the ocean.

"Speak and make it quick." She said curtly.

"Give the boy to me, Kara Zor-El. The prophets have spoke of Kal-El's coming. He was to set the universe right, set it like clockwork. Only we can do that."

J'onn looked at Bruce Wayne.

"Before we came, mankind was flawed. They killed each other over land and cattle, desecrated innocence, and massacred in the name of their gods. We set things right. Without us, mankind would have killed each other off by now."

"That's not true!" yelled Bruce.

"Give it to the side that can make the world a better place. Earth needs the hope."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"