Comics Can Spider-Man be saved?

There would be an inherent problem if Peter suddenly woke up and realized that the pasty few years were "all a dream" (Or if he woke up and realized he was still in high school!): What about the rest of the Marvel Universe? Would the clock also been turned back for all the other characters? If not, then how can all of Spider-Man's recent appearances be explained (joining the New Avengers, etc.)?

Gregatron said:
There would be an inherent problem if Peter suddenly woke up and realized that the pasty few years were "all a dream" (Or if he woke up and realized he was still in high school!): What about the rest of the Marvel Universe? Would the clock also been turned back for all the other characters? If not, then how can all of Spider-Man's recent appearances be explained (joining the New Avengers, etc.)?

Read my previous post. It solves Totem, Sins Past, New Avengers and Other all at once. It uses a little magic mumbo jumbo, but it the cleanest way to fix all of those at once, within the timeline of the other Heroes' lives too.

I like it better than Mysterio or Jackal because Mysterio would take explanations of when and why he did it, where Ezekial is already right at the correct timeline. He was already filling Peter with the TOtem cr*p.

If you use Mysterio than Ezekial doesn't really exist, it would have to be all staged, to clean everything up.

And Jackal would obviously be a monumental Clone Saga II, which would work, but people would be turned off. I think Ezekial would have to be an older version of Peter-Clone to make that work, but what about Totem villians like Morlun, Shathra......It just makes sense to have Ezekial be the Bad Guy of reference and squash this totem crud by Making Ezekial the 'Other.'

dan1 said:
Read my previous post. It solves Totem, Sins Past, New Avengers and Other all at once. It uses a little magic mumbo jumbo, but it the cleanest way to fix all of those at once, within the timeline of the other Heroes' lives too.

I like it better than Mysterio or Jackal because Mysterio would take explanations of when and why he did it, where Ezekial is already right at the correct timeline. He was already filling Peter with the TOtem cr*p.

If you use Mysterio than Ezekial doesn't really exist, it would have to be all staged, to clean everything up.

And Jackal would obviously be a monumental Clone Saga II, which would work, but people would be turned off. I think Ezekial would have to be an older version of Peter-Clone to make that work, but what about Totem villians like Morlun, Shathra......It just makes sense to have Ezekial be the Bad Guy of reference and squash this totem crud by Making Ezekial the 'Other.'

I am deeply tired of villains coming back from the dead and being revealed as master manipulators who know everything about Peter's life and are 20 steps ahead of him and have been mucking with him for years (Norman Osborn, the Jackal, etc.).

Gregatron said:
I am deeply tired of villains coming back from the dead and being revealed as master manipulators who know everything about Peter's life and are 20 steps ahead of him and have been mucking with him for years (Norman Osborn, the Jackal, etc.).

Gregatron, did you read my other post on the previous page?

Ezekial faked his death, he didn't die and come back.

It's far-fetched, but it's completely "comic book" reality and is the first time I came up with something that can fix Totem, wimpy Peter, Sins Past, and the Other all at once.

dan1 said:
Gregatron, did you read my other post on the previous page?

Ezekial faked his death, he didn't die and come back.

It's far-fetched, but it's completely "comic book" reality and is the first time I came up with something that can fix Totem, wimpy Peter, Sins Past, and the Other all at once.

I was referring to Mysterio (or someone else) coming back and being revealed as a mastermind, not your Ezekiel concept.

Herr Logan: 'Cleaning House' as I see it, is the only way to go.
Spend a year undoing the events that have compromised who SM used to be which began from ASM#508 onwards, and maybe even turn Ezekiels theorys on their head, make him out to be some type of bitter spider powered dude who was just jealous of what PP had managed to accomplish w/ his powers.

dan1 said:
Hey, ya got me thinking.

Peter could wake up in some burial grounds, ala Kraven Epic, and heads back to USA. But not on an Avengers jet, on foot, sea, motorcycle.

He gets home to find Ezekial drugged him, left him for dead, then with some magic mumbo jumbo (can deal with this for a bad guy) Ezekial lifted some essence from Peter.

He also knew he'd lose himself and be more like Peter during the transformation, and with his assistants working around the clock, his objective of getting close to the Avengers' cash flow would be fool proof. Just "be" Peter and don't think about anything else, until your assistants snap you out of it.

His assistants had a bull ***t Morlun go after him so he'd let out the stingers and evolve into an even bigger threat.

So he's been posing as Peter all along and he actually has those Stingers in his arms, he had sex with MJ :eek: , he has been PURPOSELY kissing Iron Mans' ass, 'cause he is the Lex Luthor of the Spider-Man universe, not Osborn.

Hey "It's business kid."

This way, every crap thing that is out of character or not possible (stingers in forearms, hunter mentality) was actually inherent to Ezekial, and Peter was the product of fate and a science radiation experiment gone awry for him and a little Spider all along (duh).

Peter comes back to his Aunts' house blown up, his Aunt sleeping with the Avengers butler, Iron Man thinking he was Peters' boss, and a new Tougher Villian.

All that and he was not even there for the Cr*pfest which was Sins Past.

So he can immediately smell bull**it right away.

He'd say "I slept with Gwen, the Timeline doesn't fit, MJ, you got suckered and I am pissed at you for not telling me this, even though it isn't true, what if it was, you could have left 2 innocent lives to perish, that I could have saved."

But the Twins end up being recent genetic constructs of Gwen and Norman DNA, test tube style and therefore the only Sin left was MJ being suckered and Ezekial too ignorant to know better.

Bam! Obviously a little tweaking would be needed but it fixes Peter's wimpy attitude, Sins Past and the Other in one swoop.

:up: :up: :)

Spider-Man has been around for so long, what made him great has been chipped away piece by piece. It's been such a gradual erosion that many haven't even noticed, and it may be impossible to fix.

So...

1. Spider-Man will limp along for years to come, and may eventually get cancelled.

Or...

2. Spider-Man will continue to limp along in some virtually unrecognizable form, a pale shadow of what he once was, with very, very modest sales.

Or...

3. The books will be swiftly cancelled in the near future, and the character might be revived some day far in the future (much like Captain America).

Or...

4. Someone of great courage, knowledge, and wisdom will come along and restore the magic and the lustre to this much-abused icon.

dan1 said:
Hey, ya got me thinking.

Peter could wake up in some burial grounds, ala Kraven Epic, and heads back to USA. But not on an Avengers jet, on foot, sea, motorcycle.

He gets home to find Ezekial drugged him, left him for dead, then with some magic mumbo jumbo (can deal with this for a bad guy) Ezekial lifted some essence from Peter.

He also knew he'd lose himself and be more like Peter during the transformation, and with his assistants working around the clock, his objective of getting close to the Avengers' cash flow would be fool proof. Just "be" Peter and don't think about anything else, until your assistants snap you out of it.

His assistants had a bull ***t Morlun go after him so he'd let out the stingers and evolve into an even bigger threat.

So he's been posing as Peter all along and he actually has those Stingers in his arms, he had sex with MJ :eek: , he has been PURPOSELY kissing Iron Mans' ass, 'cause he is the Lex Luthor of the Spider-Man universe, not Osborn.

Hey "It's business kid."

This way, every crap thing that is out of character or not possible (stingers in forearms, hunter mentality) was actually inherent to Ezekial, and Peter was the product of fate and a science radiation experiment gone awry for him and a little Spider all along (duh).

Peter comes back to his Aunts' house blown up, his Aunt sleeping with the Avengers butler, Iron Man thinking he was Peters' boss, and a new Tougher Villian.

All that and he was not even there for the Cr*pfest which was Sins Past.

So he can immediately smell bull**it right away.

He'd say "I slept with Gwen, the Timeline doesn't fit, MJ, you got suckered and I am pissed at you for not telling me this, even though it isn't true, what if it was, you could have left 2 innocent lives to perish, that I could have saved."

But the Twins end up being recent genetic constructs of Gwen and Norman DNA, test tube style and therefore the only Sin left was MJ being suckered and Ezekial too ignorant to know better.

Bam! Obviously a little tweaking would be needed but it fixes Peter's wimpy attitude, Sins Past and the Other in one swoop.

Dan1, I love you like an equal, but I can't approve of this. It validates JMS's bull$hit "Totem" crap and still leaves one of Peter's lovers sleeping with the wrong man.

:wolverine

Gregatron said:
I was referring to Mysterio (or someone else) coming back and being revealed as a mastermind, not your Ezekiel concept.
:(

Actually Logan in Dan's revamp, Gwen never sleep with Norman, they were test tube babies. It does leave the totem crap however.

LarryLegend said:
Actually Logan in Dan's revamp, Gwen never sleep with Norman, they were test tube babies. It does leave the totem crap however.

I know Gwen wouldn't have slept with Norman, but MJ would have slept with someone other than Peter. I don't care if she thought it was Peter or not, it's a completely unneccessary piece of continuity that's better suited to 'Passions' than Spider-Man comics.

And yeah, the Totem crap is still there.

Hadn't thought about the MJ angle. You're right, Dan, I withdraw my endorsement.

I'm not trying to put Dan1 down here. He's one of the good ones. Still, I gotta stick to my guns about Marvel.

Herr Logan said:
I'm not trying to put Dan1 down here. He's one of the good ones. Still, I gotta stick to my guns about Marvel.

Oh I like Dan1. He is a good one and we usually agree. What I meant was while his idea is interesting, I can no longer give it two thumbs up.

Thanks guys, I understand. :)

I give it a mild single thumb up now.

It does validate the totem angle, but takes it off of Peters' shoulders.

But you're right, it totally puts Peter's girl in the bed of someone else.

Ok, so we all agree then that Jackal or Mysterio (of the known enemies of Spider-Man) would be a cleaner fix?

ahhhhh...Maybe the Beyonder is back? What's his status?

Someone as or more powerful?

Let's figure out a way for one of those guys to fix Totem, wimpy Peter, Sins Past and Other.

UGGGH. The bad storylines are building up so fast, it seems harder and harder to clean up the clutter.

I've got a stupid yet simple way to fix this mess... The Watcher... He was observing the multiverse... and got hooked on an alternate reality (Not the 616) where SP Teh Other and all the crap DID happen... Maybe he's sniffed too much Badoonian Glue* Now he's paying attentin to the 616 reality...

101 Ways to end the Clone saga Reference...

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
I've got a stupid yet simple way to fix this mess... The Watcher... He was observing the multiverse... and got hooked on an alternate reality (Not the 616) where SP Teh Other and all the crap DID happen... Maybe he's sniffed too much Badoonian Glue* Now he's paying attentin to the 616 reality...

101 Ways to end the Clone saga Reference...

Hey, this works.

But we are screwed. Lets get serious, the powers that be at that company right now think they're doing a wonderful job and they seem secure in their positions.

Retconning the whole thing by essentially blowing everything off would only be admitting they did wrong. I think we may be living on the moon before that happens.

The Movies' success really did screw up S-M comics irrevocably after all.

You can defintely stick me in the minority group, but I'd rather a Spider-Man Movie NEVER be made and have Spider-Man comics be something to be cared for.

But that's just me.

Unfortunately Spidey's now a movie star... now the old fans... (The comicbook readers... Before Spidey appeared on the big screen) are suffering cuase of an incompetent EIC who is trying to bury spidey... with the help of his egotist cronies...
CONSPIRACY THEROY AHEAD...
What if Joey Q is trying to damage Spidey's flagship character image in order to push DareDevil into the coveted position... who knows...

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
Unfortunately Spidey's now a movie star... now the old fans... (The comicbook readers... Before Spidey appeared on the big screen) are suffering cuase of an incompetent EIC who is trying to bury spidey... with the help of his egotist cronies...
CONSPIRACY THEROY AHEAD...
What if Joey Q is trying to damage Spidey's flagship character image in order to push DareDevil into the coveted position... who knows...

I AM one for conspiracy theories, but I think moving Ultimate S-M into the forefront is the more likely agenda.

Yeah but the ultiamte theory is kinda old... and I'm a strong believer of that theory as well, but as I said "who knows..." The only thing I want is Spider-man to be Spider-man, not this Man-Spider-God-Lackey-Dumbass thing he is now...

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
Yeah but the ultiamte theory is kinda old... and I'm a strong believer of that theory as well, but as I said "who knows..." The only thing I want is Spider-man to be Spider-man, not this Man-Spider-God-Lackey-Dumbass thing he is now...

The all new all daring Man-Spider-God-Lackey-Dumbass thing :o

dan1 said:
I didn't say he physically couldn't drive.

I have an even more obscure one then that, Web of Spider-Man #28.

But....what I was saying was he never drove in the city to work as Peter Parker, legally.

Spider-mobile was obviously illegally driving, you can't have a legal Drivers' License with a Mask on.

Now getting a license at the DMV, etc. would have made for Character Building, continuity enriching and would have been a pain for Peter, it would have been a great addtion.

But JMS didn't know or care that Peter never did that, and just assumed that Peter drove to work in a car.

And yet he had a motorcycle for years.

And do you really want to see a storyline about Peter getting his drivers licence? You thought people complained about nothing happening in an issue before! Parts 3-5 would be standing in line and filling out forms. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"