Can the Jaws franchise Return?

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
Jaws 1 is considered one of the best movies ever while the sequels were pratically forgoten since they were terrible (exept for 2, i thought Jaws 2 was a good sequel).
Does anybody think they could make another decent Jaws movie?
Actually i found some interesting old ideas for Jaws 2 where it would have been a prequel based on the sinking of the USS Indianapolis, the story relayed by Quint in the first film.

No. The first is a classic and the sequels are rightfully forgotten (just like Jurassic Park's). Leave the masterpiece alone for now on.

I'd rather they left this alone. Jaws actually scared people back then and I think it would be hard to recapture that.

No, no, no, **** no, a thousand times ****ing no.

You will never top the first film.

No. It's already jumped the shark.

No. The first is a classic and the sequels are rightfully forgotten (just like Jurassic Park's). Leave the masterpiece alone for now on.

Thank you. :up:

It never should have had sequels in the first place.

^Even though the #2 film really isn't all that bad.

Well, in 2015 we're supposed to get Jaws 19, which should be good, since, you know...this time is really, REALLY personal. :oldrazz:

Eh, shark still looks fake :rolleyes: :oldrazz:

jaws19.jpg

:hehe:

Saw the trailer for Shark Night before Hangover ll. Looks terrible and too much cgi.

It's too bad they didn't make a prequel with Quint based on his navy story. Hell, they could've made a movie with the original Quint where all he did was sit around at a bar and talk **** and I would've watched it.

Jaws 1 is considered one of the best movies ever while the sequels were pratically forgoten since they were terrible (exept for 2, i thought Jaws 2 was a good sequel).
Does anybody think they could make another decent Jaws movie?
Actually i found some interesting old ideas for Jaws 2 where it would have been a prequel based on the sinking of the USS Indianapolis, the story relayed by Quint in the first film.

I don't see why any talented director shouldn't be able to make another decent Jaws-movie. Or a "re-adaptation" of the novel the first one was based on. After all, a lot of books have been filmed more than once, why not Jaws? I doubt it will happen, though.

There are some movies that really shouldnt have any sequels. Jaws is one of them.

Leave Jaws alone.

And while we're at it, unless the 4th Jurassic Park involves Grant/Sadler/Malcolm/etc. all together again, do not make it.

It's too bad they didn't make a prequel with Quint based on his navy story. Hell, they could've made a movie with the original Quint where all he did was sit around at a bar and talk **** and I would've watched it.

Only if they could have got Shaw back. They'd need a séance now. But had they gotten him back, it could have worked as a spin off-type of prequel. And if they could have somehow de-aged him of course. ;)

I still wouldn't mind a film about the U.S.S. Indianapolis. It doesn't need to be released as part of the Jaws franchise at all. Quint could have a cameo as a wink to Jaws fans.

That could be a good movie, maybe. I wonder how they'd flesh out the story though because it seems a bit thin.

That could be a good movie, maybe. I wonder how they'd flesh out the story though because it seems a bit thin.
Easy. The ship was shot down at sea. First half, you've got yourself a war movie. Second half, you have a suspense film with sharks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"