Can the Jaws franchise Return?

and i would make quint the main character. give us somebody somewhat familiar to follow as a protagonist. show why he's so crazy as an old man.

The idea of a quint spin-off was what made me create this thread, it would be more interesting than a shark seekig revenge.

Then you might as well not call it Jaws. And you pretty much can't top Robert Shaw.

I think that scene where Quint told that story has to better than any movie that can be made actually showing it.

"But anyway, we delivered the bomb." Seriously, one of the best scenes in the film.

Yup. It's fine the way it is because Shaw paints such a perfect and clear picture, yet we as the viewer see it as our own horror in interpretation.

I don't care what director you get, Shaw's monologue will always top it.

The entire scene is just eerie. Williams light score in the background just does enough and actually helps the story he's telling.

There are some movies that really shouldnt have any sequels. Jaws is one of them.
I never understood why there were sequels other than the money. It's a story about a shark eating people. There shouldn't be a sequel, lol.

The utter hilarity of yet another 25 foot man eating Great White Shark coming back to Amity makes it so damn unnecessary.

Sure they moved it to different locations. So there's four 25 foot man eating Great White Sharks that happen to show up wherever the Brody family goes?

They'd probably opt for a re-make rather than a sequel. Which is just as big an insult. Jaws is as close to a perfect movie as I have ever seen.

Not everything that's a box office success has to have remakes and sequels. Jaws was a movie with a simple premise and it was a stand alone story. Making sequels for that was just begging for a sequel plot as stupid as the sharks wanting revenge on the Brody family.

I actually want to see that movie now...lol. Might as well called it Jaws 5. This time...not even the shopping mall can stop him.

They'd probably opt for a re-make rather than a sequel. Which is just as big an insult. Jaws is as close to a perfect movie as I have ever seen.
Tbh, a remake makes more sense than a sequel to the film. Though, I'm not saying the film should be remade.

Jaws doesn't need nor has it ever needed a sequel. I don't see how one could even be that wouldn't be absurd. Maybe amp up the horror and gore and make it about a completely different group of people unrelated to the Brody's. But then that could basically be a remake or sequel. Sadly thats probably whats going to eventually happen. Some sort of remake of the first or half sequel half remake.

They could make a Jaws sequel or remake from the point of view of the shark. Maybe it can detail his attempt to escape these hunters and his quest to find food. He might be just trying to provide for his hungry family. His little kids might be starving and so he's just trying to support them while mommy shark stays home to look after the children.

No. Hollywood has dug up and ruined enough 80's classics :Arthur, Nightmare on Elm street, A Team and we still have Footloose , Fright Night, and a Teen Wolf tv show on the way:whatever:. Of course a jaws remake could be made but, they'd probably mess it up anyway.

We'll know were in trouble when they talk about a Facts of Life film starring all of the " It" girls of today.

It doesn't necessarily need to be a remake of the original movie. It could just be another adaptation of the book, or a new take on it.

Hell no. Jaws is a classic that should be left as it is.

heh-heh.. well, I guess Spielberg can't control it, but he won't be pleased if a new reboot is done.. I think he knows you can't just "create" a classic, though, and much of the end results of the first one was by accident-- the malfunctioning robot shark, hence the deemphasized appearances until the end..

It will get remade, someday, though.. just not now.. for now, folks will have to settle for this new thing, Shark Night..

But what about the Meg books, why hasn't something finally been done with that?

Hello, I am CashForStash and I belong in this thread :awesome:

Jaws remake - no

Jaws part four - no

End of story, good night.

There should'nt be anymore movies on Jaws. Other than part 2, they made the franchise a laughing stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"