Can we please have an Earthworm Jim movie?

Sexy Magician

Most Excellent
Reaction score
I would love to see an Earthworm Jim movie, it would probably be all computer generated, would be great to see a nice fresh take on some of the greatest characters ever conceived,

Peter Puppy
Princess Whats her name
Psycrow
Evil the Cat
Queen slug for a butt

Even less likely than a Metroid or Tetris movie.

As much as i love Earthworm Jim, i don't think a film is necessary or will ever be made.

I'd like them to bring back the tv show though.

I would watch it. Could be fun. Gotta be better than most of the dreadful kids shows getting an adaption

The problem with Earthworm Jim as an IP now is that there's literally nothing going on with it. No new games, no new merch or shows. Sonic, despite his games being mismanaged, has more credit than Jim because it's still ongoing. Still has comics and toys.

If there were going to make a movie, whoever owns the rights to the franchise has to make a new game first.

I would kill for an Earthworm Jim movie but I agree, they need to launch a new game first to get people interested again. Who owns the rights to the character?

The talks of a new game is just vaporware. It has to be a rights issue at this point.

The problem with Earthworm Jim as an IP now is that there's literally nothing going on with it. No new games, no new merch or shows. Sonic, despite his games being mismanaged, has more credit than Jim because it's still ongoing. Still has comics and toys.

If there were going to make a movie, whoever owns the rights to the franchise has to make a new game first.

There is also the problem with E Jim creator TimNapel's very vocal anti-gay stance.

Oh yeah..he's very very...right wing. I mean, extremely right.

When I found out, I was like..trying to separate the art from the artist. Sometimes it's tough.

Yeah, I was a little heartbroken when I found that out. I love all of that dude's games. Earthworm Jim, The Neverhood, Skullmonkeys. He's making a new adventure game called Armikrog and it looks pretty good. He never let his... personal issues bleed over into his games as far as I can tell, and as long as that remains in the case I see no reason to not enjoy his work. It is a tricky thing though. Of course I'm still able to totally enjoy Mel Gibson's movies as well too.

I think my issue is, it's a little disheartening because his views can be very hawkish and mean-spirited, vs the non-cynical lighthearted stuff that comes from his books and games.

Sounds a bit like the struggles people have with that Enders' Games guy. Sometimes better not to know what these people think or do in their private lives (although that's hard when private views turn into public advocacy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"