Dungeons & dragons movie discussion

I’m sure it will. It’s easier to watch at home than asking for a ticket and people seem interested because of good reviews and Pine

Finally got the chance to watch this last night and yeah, I pretty much loved it as well, especially the second half. I was a bit skeptical at first going into this because the trailers did nothing for me, but hearing all you guys rave about it piqued my interest and it definitely lived up to the hype IMO and then some.

Everyone did great in this in particular Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez, but I thought Hugh Grant and Rege-Jean Page kind of stole the show at times, especially Grant who you could tell was having a lot of fun in his role.

Hell, I would actually watch a whole movie centered around that Xenk character no matter how unlikely it is, but man I really did loved the worldbuilding in this and the practical creature effects.

That dragon sequence was so much fun lol.

I had a similar reaction to the trailers. It shows how good marketing is important for a movie like this. I'm hopeful they can figure out how to continue this in some way.

August might've been better, but there are some big releases coming out in August now between TMNT Mutant Mayhem, Gran Turismo, Meg 2.

Now truthfully, I would've put it out against Gran Turismo August 11 because...I mean...c'mon. Gran Turismo looks like a bomb to me. Could be wrong, but I wasn't impressed with what I've seen.

I hate to say it but some people are put off but the dungeons and dragons brand. Like they might be interested but the idea of asking for a ticket to see a dnd movie makes them think of Uber geeks eating nachos around a table.

it’ll probably come together on streaming. Maybe they might even do a television spin off
I was one of those. The last one looked horrible and the trailers for this looked cheesy. But the reviews made me interested.

Finally got the chance to watch this last night and yeah, I pretty much loved it as well, especially the second half. I was a bit skeptical at first going into this because the trailers did nothing for me, but hearing all you guys rave about it piqued my interest and it definitely lived up to the hype IMO and then some.

Everyone did great in this in particular Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez, but I thought Hugh Grant and Rege-Jean Page kind of stole the show at times, especially Grant who you could tell was having a lot of fun in his role.

Hell, I would actually watch a whole movie centered around that Xenk character no matter how unlikely it is, but man I really did loved the worldbuilding in this and the practical creature effects.

That dragon sequence was so much fun lol.
Glad you’ve seen it now and enjoyed it. Pine being great was no surprise. Rodriguez was much better than I expected. Rege-Jean Page stealing the show also was no surprise even with unfortunately limited screen time. This dude is going to go onto big things. And Hugh Grant was up for this. His character was hilarious and really well done.

And Hugh Grant was up for this. His character was hilarious and really well done.

He's definitely had a career resurgence lately between this, Operation Fortune, The Undoing, and The Gentlemen. But definitely my favorite character in this one, he had some hilarious lines (although he was almost equally hilarious and charismatic in Operation Fortune).

He's definitely had a career resurgence lately between this, Operation Fortune, The Undoing, and The Gentlemen. But definitely my favorite character in this one, he had some hilarious lines (although he was almost equally hilarious and charismatic in Operation Fortune).
I haven’t seen any of those. Thanks for mentioning them, will check out.

He's great in all of them and seems to enjoy himself much more than before. I remember reading an interview of his saying he wants to play villains and shady characters because they wouldn't offer him these types of roles when he was younger, and that now he has much more fun in his roles.

He's great in all of them and seems to enjoy himself much more than before. I remember reading an interview of his saying he wants to play villains and shady characters because they wouldn't offer him these types of roles when he was younger, and that now he has much more fun in his roles.
He’s great at that twisted comedy when playing as a villain. :D Talented dude.

Its run is pretty much over. Let's hope that enough people see this in home media that the studio will consider a sequel.

200w.gif

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a new D&D storyline with a new set of characters, but we'll see.

I wouldn't mind a new D&D storyline with a new set of characters, but we'll see.
I’d rather get the same set back for a film or 2 and then have new characters. I already know this group can give me great entertainment so I’ll take it if offered. But a big priority is to normalise D&D releases and have audiences start getting into them more if they come out with consistent quality.

I’d rather get the same set back for a film or 2 and then have new characters. I already know this group can give me great entertainment so I’ll take it if offered. But a big priority is to normalise D&D releases and have audiences start getting into them more if they come out with consistent quality.

Yeah it would be great to see these characters again not gonna lie. Especially after the emotional pay off in the finale it just felt that these characters earned another shot. Really hope this movie kills it on digital and home sales.

I really liked this. It kind of felt like an MCU movie, one of the better ones. That final fight even reminded me of the Avengers fighting Thanos, certain shots are so similar that I doubt it was just a coincidence. (Also some team up shots from the first Avengers movie)

I hope that this will get a sequel. It's a shame that the movie isn't a huge hit, but I could see this turning into a cult classic.

Yeah I definitely think a sequel would do much better. Remember the huge jump in box office from Batman begins to the dark knight because everyone caught up with begins on dvd and liked it? Also because of the ledger hype but you get what I mean

Yeah I definitely think a sequel would do much better. Remember the huge jump in box office from Batman begins to the dark knight because everyone caught up with begins on dvd and liked it? Also because of the ledger hype but you get what I mean

The thing is though BB made $350 million WW on a similar budget where as D&D is struggling past $200 million WW. I do think the movie was popular with people who saw it but I just don't see Paramount doing a sequel based on those numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"