Luke Cage Canceled!

Got this from his twitter

Mike Colter‏Verified account @realmikecolter
6h6 hours ago
I am forever grateful to Marvel and Netflix for letting me portray such a prolific character, and I thank you amazing fans. As one door closes, another has opened, with the birth of my daughter this week. A lot of great memories. Time to make more. Always forward, forward always

DqFYPguUUAASXFa.jpg

Mike Colter

Well, that sucks. I had some faint hopes that they would wrap IF into LC, or at least do something with Misty and Colleen...but I guess all that is lost now. What a shame.

Disney just said that they aren't bringing Luke Cage or Iron Fist to their own streaming service.

If they were going to do this, they should've given it (and Iron Fist) a third season to properly finish the story. Season 2 was one of the best Marvel Netflix seasons to date, and it ended in a way that was begging for another season. This really, really sucks. It's hard for it not to feel disrespectful to the showrunner and the whole cast and crew.

Disney just said that they aren't bringing Luke Cage or Iron Fist to their own streaming service.

Are you referring to the part in Deadline that says Marvel has no plans to bring it there, or is there something more recent?

Probably cost too much to do another series. I say do a 2 hr movie that ties things up neatly for both LC and IF.

Not surprised. Let’s be honest about it, it had its moments, but boy was a majority of it boring.
Speak for yourself, i thought it was best one out on Netflix.

I can't remember which report I saw this in, but a recent report said that Netflix demanded a change in showrunner and Marvel said no, which was the final step before cancellation.

I can't remember which report I saw this in, but a recent report said that Netflix demanded a change in showrunner and Marvel said no, which was the final step before cancellation.

I didn't read that anywhere. Interesting if true.

This sucks. While LC wasnt perfect, it was still overall an enjoyable watch, and was looking forward to see where they were going to go after the S2 finale.

Netflix has a reputation for being very hands-off with their shows. I would be surprised if that were true.

I do hope we hear some more concrete information at some point on what happened.

I doubt you will anytime soon. Netflix plays it close to the chest on the reasoning behind which shows get renewed or not.

Netflix is just getting rid of the Marvel shows because of Disneyflix.

The bastards.

Why though? It doesn't make any sense to me. If you have one of their IPs why would you hand it back to them?

Netflix has a reputation for being very hands-off with their shows. I would be surprised if that were true.
I normally agree, but this whole creative differences thing caught me by surprise for that reason. Ultimately, Marvel doesn't make the decision to cancel something so, if there was a cancellation over creative differences, Netflix had to have those differences.

This is for sure a ploy.

Step one: Make one of your leads a villain
Step two: send the other lead across the ocean.
Step three: power up your leading ladies. Misty gets a bionic arm, colleen gets the iron fist.
Step four: Daughters of the Dragon
Step five: profit.

Welp. I haven't seen the second season. Guess I won't bother seeing it anymore.

To be honest, season 1 was decent, the only flaw was the fight between Luke Cage and whatshisface. I like the tone and the and music of season 1 though which for me carried the show.

Last edited:
The second season is overall consistently better imo. As follows:

LC S1 (first half) - 9.0
LC S2 - 8.5
LC S1 (second half) - 8.0

That was from April before Netflix cancelled the show because they didn't like his scripts.

Yeah but if the ratings and critical reception were there, then they may likely be doing a team-up series under a new showrunner.

But if you do that, how do you address the ending of Luke Cage Season 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"