First Avenger Cap's Shield

yea i would think that is an aspect they would go into for the film. When he is first out there have the angular one and then half way through film get the round one and say its made out of that special V material and there you go.

It should be the traditional shield look (not traditional Cap shield), not round at all. I thought it would be cool that one breaks in battle and he takes the circular lid of a tank off and uses it as his shield. And after the battle asks for a new round one made more durable.

If people don't like my idea, I understand. But I would rather see the triangular shaped first and the circular one later on in the movie. Kind of how we saw the early stages of the Batsuit in BB and then the finished product about an hour and 20 minutes in. I like an idea of development.

That would be an interesting way to go to get the round shield. I agree with posters since the film is going to be majority in ww2 he should have the angular shield for the most part of the film. It breaks in battle, and then near the climax of the film he is given the round shield and is told that its made from a new material(what ever it is in the comics).

I would hope that you start with the Triangular then switch to the Circular one because the triangular one got destroyed

Rounder is more iconic, and lends itself to better fight scenes

Rounder is more iconic, and lends itself to better fight scenes

I agree with you but I definitely would rather have the triangular one first and then the round one later.

Dude, what is up with you Avy? It's f***ing terrifying!

I read that they changed the triangular shield to the round one because of the comic character "The Shield"
The publisher thought Cap was too similar to his character, so he wanted them to stop their comic, instead they came to the agreement to change his shield and costume.
They changed his shield to the round one, "like the trash can lids we would use as shields back then" (paraphrased from the Simon interview)

The shield in the movies looked good, but I was hoping it would be a tad more concave, rather that almost forming a "point" at the center of the star. It seems a bit too flat.

500x1000px-LL-9edf59d2_4Zeah.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"