First Avenger Cap's Shield

There's perhaps a 3rd option.

What about Cap having the round shield but with the triangular shield colour scheme and properties, just like he did from issue #2 onwards?

http://www.comics.org/covers.lasso?SeriesID=237

237_4_002-1.jpg

Then when he's re-awakened in modern times, he's given a shield similiar to it only it's made out of Vibranium and the colour scheme is the more familiar one we more closely assocatiate with Cap.

I mean, we saw Tony working on (or at least having a design of) in his lab in the IM movie. If Cap didnt have a similiar shaped shield in the past, why would Tony deviate so much from the triangle design if he's trying to replicate it?

Sounds good to me.

It would be great to see Rooservelt give him the shield like in the comics, along with an upgrade in his uniform - promotional uniform to the fatigues.

How about this - He could be dressed in the promtional uniform (classic version) and stop a secret nazi attack on American soil. At this point it is clear he is ready for deployment in Europe - meets with Rooservelt and is given the uniform upgrade (the ultimate style fatigues and a new round shield.

Angular for the Cap movie, then rounded for the updated Cap in the Avengers.

Angular for the Cap movie, then rounded for the updated Cap in the Avengers.

Yuppersons. :up:

And I think the angular shield should be crazy shattered by the end of the Cap movie too.

um, so just to show how awesome the angular shield is, here is a pic of the one I made for my ww2 cap costume (WIP)
100_0412.jpg

100_0415.jpg

Wow, that's awesome!

Me likey. Where's the rest of the suit?

"According to an exclusive comic book released with the Wal-Mart deluxe DVD version of Iron Man, Howard Stark created the technology for the shield, and Tony Stark used a discarded prototype to help design the alloy used for his armor."

That's what wikipedia says. Not sure how reliable it is, just thought it was a neat piece of info you cats would like to read.

Both, first half of the first half of the film he should use the triangle
once thawed he should use the newer round adimentium shield.

He'll be getting thawed out in Avengers.

Round shield is a must for this film because it's the only way it is going to be used as a frisbee device that bounce back, which is an iconic Captain America move.

With the angular shield, you can't or can only use as a bashing effect. With a round shield, you can frisbee it, rotate for a whirlwind effect, bash it, and looks darn cool carried in Cap's back.

As suggested above, the original shield for the first mission, then the round one for the rest of the film. He should be an old pro with it by the time he shows up in the present [in the Avengers movie].

what did you make the shield out of? Great job by the way

I'm sure it's been mentioned but I would like it if he started with the triangular one then it gets destroyed and that's when he gets the classic round shield. I wonder if they will mention his background in the invaders?

Yep, like everyone has been saying, start with the triangular shield, have it destroyed in battle or something to that effect, then he gets the upgraded round one.

triangle first, then have it get trashed, then get circular..

I want that exact costume from the first pic on the the first page. In avengers I want shield to melt it down and referbish it into the rounded off shape.

Any one have a screen cap of cap's shield in IM every time i watch the movie i never notice it.

It wouldn't be your fault. It's been cited as such numerous times.

WOW... Mister J is the Shiz! Nice work with the shield info.

Like the others, I would like to see things begin with the triangle then move onto the round. Even if they go montage opening sequence like Wolverine origins and open up in modern times. The can still cover as much or as little of his origins as they want through narrative/plot in the movie but not have to worry too much WWII continuity and such.

Start with the kite shield, then introduce the round shield part way into the film... The arc is that it was fabricated into a target for testing in a shooting range (resistance to small arms fire, a B.A.R., 30-cal, 50-cal, bazooka, and eventually artillery). They bring Cap to the range and show him the objects effectiveness against a howitzer, and he freaks... The brass says that they only received a small amount of the material that was processed into the alloy for the target (which will become the 'shield'). They got it from a new ally recently encountered by Allied forces in central Africa (a send up / easter egg for Wakanda). They have a rare mineral deposit, and gave the small sample as an act of good will, for R&D purposes.

They don't have enough for any other applications at the moment, so they say that they want him to carry it into theatre... Then the center star is added to the target motif, and you have your shield.

Last edited:
I would love to see the angular shield first, and then latter in the movie his regular round shield!
ca.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"