The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that pretty much says she's either in talks or pretty much got the job.

I meeeeeeeeeeean she is Edgar Wrights partner after all... I think theres a good chance of her being cast... Shes got some powerful people on her side

Cap should ditch any US flag reference and just wear plain black leathers. Maybe ditch the "America" bit as well. He can just be Captain World.

You almost made me spit out my drink :p youre a funny mofo

I meeeeeeeeeeean she is Edgar Wrights partner after all... I think theres a good chance of her being cast... Shes got some powerful people on her side

If she is Egdar Wright's partner, don't expect any immediate casting for a looonnnng time. Wright's spirit of procrastination has probably rubbed off on her. She'll probably get round to auditioning in a few decades time, round about the time Wright finishes the next draft of his Ant-Man script.

If we take her at her word, then she's not in talks, or else she would know something more than that she can't say anything.

I'm sure Marvel has thought about Buckycap and I'm sure that's one reason it motivated Stan to sign on for six films.

Haha. Okay, it doesn't make quite as much sense as I thought it did when I typed it. My thought was: if she is able to confirm anything whatsoever (like she got the part, or there is some information relevant to the part that she has received) then she's lying. Perhaps the fact that she must know *something* in order to know that she can't say anything contradicts her entire thought inherently, but the use of 'all I know' suggests to me that she has a lack of information, which at the very least, would suggest she does not yet have the part.

No, I understood your point. But your point is nonsense. She said that she can't say anything. There's nothing to read into it, and no reason to contort her intent into something else by picking apart her phrasing.

Seriously, do you have to overthink every single little thing?

Last edited:
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/captain-america-2-to-feature-deleted-scenes-from/286920

The new Captain America movie will feature material originally intended for the The Avengers, franchise star Chris Evans has revealed.

The actor made his first appearance as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in a 2011 film subtitled The First Avenger, before reprising his role for this year's Marvel ensemble piece The Avengers. A second standalone Captain America movie, subtitled The Winter Soldier, is now in the works.

When asked about the sequel's plot, Evans remained coy, but revealed that it will shed further light on his character by including scenes cut from The Avengers. He told Collider: "The most I am looking forward to is exploring a little bit of Steve's… they had all those deleted scenes with The Avengers because a lot of those scenes are for Captain 2, you know what I mean? It was good stuff, but it all felt like that was his story. It is a different movie. With The Avengers there was so much to cram in. Like I said, it was a long movie anyway. So I think making it any longer would have just been exhausting."

Continuing, Evans explained that the unused scenes are better suited to a film that can focus on his character properly. He explained: "A lot of that stuff [that was cut] is for Captain America 2. That is his story. It is him trying to on a personal level adjust to the fact that everyone he knows is gone... There are a lot of things that he kind of has to come to terms with."

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is scheduled to begin filming next March (2013) for a release in April 2014. Alongside Evans, Samuel L Jackson and Sebastian Stan will reprise their roles from the first film, while The Hurt Locker star Anthony Mackie has joined the cast as a fellow superhero called The Falcon.

Meanwhile, Evans recently revealed that he wants to make a cameo as Captain America in Thor 2, which began filming earlier this month (September 2012). However, the actor admitted that "it is obviously going to be tricky trying to work out the plot".

Urm. Nowhere does he say that actual footage from TA will be used in CA2. He just said that themes from the deleted scenes (adjusting to the 21st century, Peggy etc. ) will be used in Winter Soldier

Urm. Nowhere does he say that actual footage from TA will be used in CA2. He just said that themes from the deleted scenes (adjusting to the 21st century, Peggy etc. ) will be used in Winter Soldier

I get what you mean, and I agree.
But it would save production value also if they just inserted those scenes into the film.

Surely as Marvel Studios is the rights holder, they won't have any lawsuit on their hands lol. If they decide to reshoot, then it's no biggie either, can't be done for plagiarism or anything of the sort lol.

I think people just took the quotes at face value and ran with it and didn't really interpret what Evans meant.

Basically, I think Evans is saying that the tone and intent of those scenes will instead be transferred over to Captain America 2 rather than the actual footage itself.

A lot of that footage isn't going to be feasible any longer in Captain America 2 after Avengers.

So like the stuff with Captain America wandering around NY feeling out of place and looking up his old teammates who are all dead. The tone and feeling of that material will be more prevalent in Cap 2 instead of Avengers.

I think people just took the quotes at face value and ran with it and didn't really interpret what Evans meant.

Basically, I think Evans is saying that the tone and intent of those scenes will instead be transferred over to Captain America 2 rather than the actual footage itself.

A lot of that footage isn't going to be feasible any longer in Captain America 2 after Avengers.

So like the stuff with Captain America wandering around NY feeling out of place and looking up his old teammates who are all dead. The tone and feeling of that material will be more prevalent in Cap 2 instead of Avengers.

Agreed, but now every headline ever takes the literal interpretation of Evans' words and is running with it like it's gospel, at least from what I've seen.

Face. Palm.

Cagefighterkip, I think there was an insider tweet referencing a Baron, but nothing that confirms it would be Baron Zemo. All we know for sure is that Falcon, Nick Fury, and Bucky/Winter Soldier will be in it.

Hmmmm...that is interesting. Winter Soldier, Falcon, and now maybe Zemo all in same movie on top of Steve's great story of adjusting to the modern era? I am liking how this is shaping up :up:

That does sound like the perfect storm of awesome. Except for Falcon, I've never cared much for him. Maybe this movie will change that. :up:

If Zemo is in it, I hope at least he resembles his comic counterpart. Doesn't have to be bright pink but could be a darker purple. Or maybe it's Baron Strucker? He would probably translate better to screen since he's just a man with a bald head.

If Zemo is in it, I hope at least he resembles his comic counterpart. Doesn't have to be bright pink but could be a darker purple. Or maybe it's Baron Strucker? He would probably translate better to screen since he's just a man with a bald head.

True.
Zemo isn't the *only* Baron Cap has tangled with, and Von Strucker heading up a new HYDRA would make sense, too.

But for now, the only rumors I hold stock in are that WS and Arnim Zola are the main baddies.

The scene when he looks at the papers would make allot of sense at the start of the film.

If they hadn't already put the scene, which is absolutely beautiful by the way, on the deleted scenes menu on the dvd, I'd be far more inclined to think that it could be included.

Although I guess they could take moments, like Hawkingbird said with him looking at the papers and the phone and figuring out whether to call Peggy, and redo them to fit within the narrative of CA:TWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"