First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mentioned on the avengers thread about the flying car. it must be the tech used for the heli-carrier, or the bases for it.

i was waiting for one shot and i got it. it was cap doing a forward roll with the shield, looked cool.

2 things have surprised me about this movie. First off it is a really violent movie. Its crazy how many people get shot and you see the red mist coming from the wound. Very rarely do you see that anymore, plus the hydra guns go all War of the Worlds on everyone. My mouth hit the floor with the goon and the propeller. Secondly, I've been massively surprised at how many women absolutely love this movie. Every woman I've talked to about it, they have said that they loved it and want to see it again.

I'm actually suprised at how much younger people are enjoying it as opposed to older people. I'd have figured it the other way around.

Here is a question...Iron Man and Thor are going by numbered sequel names. Makes sense, given their titles were just Iron Man and Thor to start with. But, Captain America was Captain America: The First Avenger.

Does anyone think Cap sequels might go the route of named sequel? Like, Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty (just an example)? Or, do you think they just go simple and Captain America 2?

I think Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty is a great name for the sequel instead of the name Cap 2

^I agree. They should use it. Then for the 3rd film it could be Captain America: Winter Soldier

2 things have surprised me about this movie. First off it is a really violent movie. Its crazy how many people get shot and you see the red mist coming from the wound. Very rarely do you see that anymore, plus the hydra guns go all War of the Worlds on everyone. My mouth hit the floor with the goon and the propeller. Secondly, I've been massively surprised at how many women absolutely love this movie. Every woman I've talked to about it, they have said that they loved it and want to see it again.

your right, but ya know what Indiana Jones also wasn't afraid to go for the blood splatter, and that was just PG....cause they didn't have an R back then.

In some ways violence has become more pervasive in films, but sometime they draw an odd line between PG-13 and R.

Poltergiest scared everyone to death, saw a guy rip his own face off and some how that managed to get the PG rateing all the way back then...

your right, but ya know what Indiana Jones also wasn't afraid to go for the blood splatter, and that was just PG....cause they didn't have an R back then.

Just to clarify, they did use the "R" rating at the time Raiders of the Lost Ark was first released. It was established in 1968. There wasn't a PG13 or NC17 back then, though.

It was the second Indy movie and Gremlins that brought in the PG-13 rating.

Just to clarify, they did use the "R" rating at the time Raiders of the Lost Ark was first released. It was established in 1968. There wasn't a PG13 or NC17 back then, though.

Right. From my understanding the Batman Burton films were some of the first to use the PG 13 rating.

Captain America: This Time Chris Evans is Totally Naked Ladies.

At least thats my hope.

So, at the Stark Expo, that red suit in the glass case, was that a little homage to the first human torch (the android)? Sorry if that got asked already.

So, at the Stark Expo, that red suit in the glass case, was that a little homage to the first human torch (the android)? Sorry if that got asked already.

Don't think they ever came out and said it, but it looked just like it to me!

Anyone know what was played when the portrait of the Red Skull was being painted?

Don't think they ever came out and said it, but it looked just like it to me!

The marquee above him said "Phineas Horton [....] Synthetic Man," I believe. Horton was The Human Torch's creator.

'Professor Horton's Man of Tomorrow'? I can't remember what exactly the sign said but yeah, it was the original Torch.

I don't suppose Marvel would be interested on releasing the Sequel to this in 2013 as well?lol

They could always release it for Winter 2013, while the May and July spots are taken by Iron Man 3 and Thor 2.

thats exactly the way it looked in Marvels

I don't suppose Marvel would be interested on releasing the Sequel to this in 2013 as well?lol

They could always release it for Winter 2013, while the May and July spots are taken by Iron Man 3 and Thor 2.
I can see this happening.

It won't be released Winter 2013. Look for May 2nd, 2014 announcement when a sequel is announced.

Anyone know what was played when the portrait of the Red Skull was being painted?

Wagner. It was something from Götterdämmerung, i.e. the "Twilight of the Gods" portion of The Ring of the Nibelung. A friend I saw the film with recognized it, but I'd have to watch the credits again to see which exact bit was used. (Points to the movie for avoiding the famous "Ride of the Valkyries".)

So, another nice little nod to the Cube's origins and the Asgardians, there. :cwink:

I think Marvel will announce a sequel for Capt. America in the near future for 2014. Hopefully they will make Ant-Man or Black Panther the second Marvel Studios movie in that summer.

When's IM3 coming out? I know Thor 2 (should've called it God of Thunder) is 2013. I agree that they should lay off the core Avengers a couple of years and try to bring either Black Panther, Antman/Wasp, or Namor in. Namor's prob the hardest because of the water effects.

I think Marvel will announce a sequel for Capt. America in the near future for 2014. Hopefully they will make Ant-Man or Black Panther the second Marvel Studios movie in that summer.
Black Panther yes!! Can't wait for that. Hope they can integrate him into an avengers film down the road.

This movie has only been out for 5 days and I'm already jonesing for the dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"