First Avenger Captain America: The First Avenger Merchandise Thread.

heh I was just going through some stuff BA and ran across a DVD of A-Team given to me by a friend who had gotten it from London when he was in the Service over there and thought of you B.A. lol

If postage were cheap I'd send it to you.

Thanks thats very kind thought, i appreciate it. Yeah postage prices are stupid I was sending someone in america a box of the 11 doctors (figures) it was realy light but they said the size not even that big made it £70.

I would have the whole set by now. But K-Mart.com doesn't seem to know when to label "out of stock." They wait until the day your items are to arrive to send you the sad email....Sorry, I'm still pissed about that.
I'm not even sure the one K-mart we here is even there anymore.
Walmart has so many different versions of their Stores here (like Models) K-mart cut back big time.
Walmart even has a Convince store they're trying out by a college. :doh:

Ok, well, I did a rough paint job tonight, front star still is not complete, but the colors are also giving me some issues. The red is too dark, and the blue is just right... without a flash,... with a flash, the red is just right, and the blue is too light... lol... I'll have to do some tweaking. Curious on your thoughts. Thanks

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

I need to tweek the paints, the red just looks too dark in person, and I need to darken the blue. Front star should be finished this weekend hopefully. I'm also going to try to buff out the red a bit to get a better shine on it, and it may lighten it up.

If anyone is interested in one, pm,... I may make more than one other than this prototype.

Great Job!
Ok, well, I did a rough paint job tonight, front star still is not complete, but the colors are also giving me some issues. The red is too dark, and the blue is just right... without a flash,... with a flash, the red is just right, and the blue is too light... lol... I'll have to do some tweaking. Curious on your thoughts. Thanks

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

Don't know I'd anyone has asked but what's it made of?

lol I KNOW that actually. lol

That's great. Are you a machinist cause that looks like it took some precise work?

I'm actually a mechanical engineer... but I have a side business of sword and armor making :) And I love costuming stuff as well. Before my ankle surgery I was one of Marvel's appearance actors.

NICE heh I'm a Renaissance Faire nut. lol I own a few bladed weapons myself. Even made a Chaine Maile vest from Wire Clothes hangers. :D

NICE heh I'm a Renaissance Faire nut. lol I own a few bladed weapons myself. Even made a Chaine Maile vest from Wire Clothes hangers. :D

Oh sweet! I can't imagine how much time that must of took!

Were you on the boards back in the "Spidermanhype" days before it was coined "Superherohype"? Our Spiderman Costume thread was quite active, I remember Mick, Yetter, Wams, myself, and a few others going back and forth on a ton of different Spiderman costume designs back at the beginning of that thread. Good times.

The vest took over 300 Wire hangers, 3 hours a day for a month. lol I went through 4 sets of Wire cutters. I insisted to make my own rings even tho you can buy the rings premade.

Actually I've been around since the old Spider-Man Hype. I had actually gotten a link to that Fan Made Spidey film with Green Goblin before the first movie was made.

Last edited:
I even got the first Spidey Trailer from you guys to show my kids. lol
I even work in Leather. I need to get some black leather stock as I want to make the Thor movie costume. I'd give anything for a lathe. Dad USED to have one and I could make the discs on it.

I even got the first Spidey Trailer from you guys to show my kids. lol
I even work in Leather. I need to get some black leather stock as I want to make the Thor movie costume. I'd give anything for a lathe. Dad USED to have one and I could make the discs on it.

I need a lathe as well, but I do most of my round items on the mill and grinder, and it works. Did you see my Balder suit I designed to fit in with the movie theme?

Yup! I saw them they're Awesome. I'm the mod in there. :D
I have a friend here whose Dad is a black smith. I'm hoping she can get him to show me that stuff. I have made a chisel way back in Highschool but I want to learn more of that stuff. It was one thing I never got to do at the Faire I worked at.

heh No Bro I can't in this forum. :D Only Thor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"