First Avenger Captain America: The First Avenger Merchandise Thread.

In my experience specs usually pop up late sunday/early monday for Marvel products.

Either way this week we will get full pics, i have no doubt about that.

Ok, well, I did a rough paint job tonight, front star still is not complete, but the colors are also giving me some issues. The red is too dark, and the blue is just right... without a flash,... with a flash, the red is just right, and the blue is too light... lol... I'll have to do some tweaking. Curious on your thoughts. Thanks

IMG_0530.jpg

That is an outstanding job on the shield! Looks movie quality. Can't wait to see the full costume. Please post when you are done.

I made the Ultimate WWII costume for Halloween '09 and created the original sheild. Mine was created from foamboard. I decided to wear the costume to the Dallas Comic-Con last month and people freakin' loved it. I had to change out of it after an hour and a half because I was getting stopped for pictures so much I couldn't enjoy the convention. From the reactiosn, it felt like people were really eagar for Cap right now. One vendor had the Cap figures for sale and I wanted to get the battlefield Cap, which was my costume. He gave me a discount because I posed for a photo with him. lol!

Mouser10-30-09.jpg

CaptainAmericaandSuperman.jpg

CaptainAmericaandSupergirlFlashandMissMartian.jpg

CaptainAmericaandYoungMan.jpg

CaptainAmericawithBatmanandSpider-Man-1.jpg

Last edited:
B.A. are you from the UK?

If so, tomorrow morning i'm betting he'll be on their facebook page. (Then again i'll probably be wrong :) )

Well there has been no release of specs and pictures today so i would assume that'll be Friday now.

However some more teasers, don't show much but it's better than nothing!

254224_10150217691122113_638462112_7060806_835685_n.jpg

254960_10150217390567113_638462112_7056982_640772_n.jpg

Well there has been no release of specs and pictures today so i would assume that'll be Friday now.

However some more teasers, don't show much but it's better than nothing!

254224_10150217691122113_638462112_7060806_835685_n.jpg

254960_10150217390567113_638462112_7056982_640772_n.jpg

At first I thought you posted the wrong links because all I could see was Bruce until I looked closer and saw Cap. LOL

Bruce you sly SOB and damn HT, stop teasing us!

B.A. are you from the UK?

If so, tomorrow morning i'm betting he'll be on their facebook page. (Then again i'll probably be wrong :) )

Yeah i am, i was hoping to come online today to see the full reveal.

Looks like he has a actual metal Shield from those pics above.

So I think Sideshow just made me crap myself because according to their website they just announced that the preorder for Hot Toys Cap will be available on Thursday July 23rd:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=35497&ref=footer&prod-blog1&ssc
Hot Toys’ Captain America 12-inch Figure will be available for Pre-Order through Sideshow Collectibles’ weekly newsletter on Thursday, July 23rd! [Sign Up for the Sideshow Newsletter][Newsletter Login] To help tide you over until the 23rd, a sneak peek of the very first Avenger can be seen below!

However, July 23rd falls on a Saturday not Thursday so I think it's big typo on their part and the actual preorder and reveal will be THIS Thursday!

Yeah I bet it will be this Thursday though as it'll fall within both Hot Toys and Sideshow's habits and releasing info on Thursday/Friday nights.

So now I question I ask, where is the best place to buy Hot Toys figures? Is Sideshow the best and most reliable option or are there other online retailers? I've never purchased a HT figure due to the price but always been envious of the quality of stuff they put out but I promised myself I'd be getting Cap so I just want to know the best place to get him from!

They have just said that it was a typo meaning specs and pics should be up at Thursday the latest.

I usually get mine directly off Ebay. Because I live in the UK it's easier for me.

A couple of people I know get them from Alter ego comics.

I picked up the bobble-heads. And I have to say, I'm surprised that I see more Red Skulls than Caps. Usually they put out more of the "hero" figures and make the villains harder to find. But around here, it's the total opposite.

Red Skull stuff is selling like hot cakes, I've noticed. I just ordered myself a Loki Marvel Selects Fig (since I only now got money to buy 1 of the Thor figs...I'm gonna grab a Thor next week when I get paid) and I saw several sites are sold out of the Red Skull Marvel Selects on pre-order, but still have Caps available.

MORE than badass! Which, as my 3rd favorite Marvel villain, I am very happy about ;)

I want that Marvel Selects fig bad when it comes out :csad:

I got lucky and found the Red Skull figure from the movie line. It was in a Wal-Wart that NEVER has action figures.

Razatron, who off Ebay do you buy from, and how are customs?

I buy off a guy called Loontentoys, out of the 8 Hot Toys I've gotten off 0 have been brought up by customs.

I just bought Thor a few weeks back from a guy called guobei11, not sure if customs will pick his up but hopefully not. Whilst a couple of quid dearer he is a brilliant guy. We've had a good chat over messages all about Hot Toys etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"