Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've heard that in the latest Civil War II issue, Captain Marvel [BLACKOUT]has finally unleashed her fury and killed her most dreaded enemy, Mystique Yon-Rogg Iron Man[/BLACKOUT]. Yay for awfulness! Now, if only someone could do the same to the freaking impostor posing as her, and give us back the real Carol.

On the bright side, at least it's almost over. Can't wait to see what the future has in store for the character!

CnXNFamWYAEGuBS.jpg
Oh, right. :dry: It's not over. It will never be over.

When does the movie come out again?

Stark isn't in the suit. David Marquez showed some artwork which had Carol bloodied and another one of Stark in his suite.

What don't you like about the Captain Marvel relaunch?

Yay! Part 3 of Carol General. :yay:

Stark isn't in the suit. David Marquez showed some artwork which had Carol bloodied and another one of Stark in his suite.
This is what happens when you discuss stuff that you only know through second-hand info. :hehe: So [BLACKOUT]Tony is not dead[/BLACKOUT], huh? It's weird because I've read in an article that he's now [BLACKOUT]become a disembodied AI[/BLACKOUT], or something like that. Maybe they'll explain it in CWII #8. I mean, not that I will read it, but. :o

As for the relaunch... well, just by looking at that cover I can already predict that at least the first few issues will be mostly about people hating on Carol (rightfully so!), and her moping, and hurt angry friends wanting explanations... and all as a result of sh***y writing, which is not something that I can just shrug off. It's kind of a big deal, it undermines everything.

It's hard to stay invested in a story when the whole time you're thinking "This shouldn't even have happened in the first place".

Last edited:
I know this is completely random but I'm just finished reading the first issue of Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows Vol. 2, which is set in an alternate universe where the awfulness that was Civil War never took place and Peter and MJ are still married and the adorable parents of a little girl... a little girl who's apparently a fan of Captain Marvel.

CwbE30YUsAAknm_.jpg

For the sake of my sanity I'm gonna pretend that in this universe Civil War II never happened either, at least until stated otherwise.

Because Peter Parker has a daughter who's a fan of Carol Danvers and all is right in the world.

Look who will be making a videogame appearance

iaqqw0ypgl2hayfyjq5h.png

I hate her dollface, but at least they're using the McKelvie's costume.

EDIT:

tumblr_ohmhlgA0qt1vlv6zfo5_400.gif

tumblr_ohmhlgA0qt1vlv6zfo6_400.gif

Last edited:
You know what, she actually kind of does. I doubt it's intentional though.

How amazing would it be if she gets to do this in her film?

tumblr_ohmmypphl91u2vo2go4_250.gif
tumblr_ohmmypphl91u2vo2go2_250.gif

tumblr_ohmmypphl91u2vo2go1_250.gif
tumblr_ohmmypphl91u2vo2go3_250.gif

It is just me or does Capt Marvel looks really close to Brie Larson here???

If she looks like this in the movie I'm gonna swoon.

How amazing would it be if she gets to do this in her film?

tumblr_ohmmypphl91u2vo2go4_250.gif
tumblr_ohmmypphl91u2vo2go2_250.gif

tumblr_ohmmypphl91u2vo2go1_250.gif
tumblr_ohmmypphl91u2vo2go3_250.gif

It'd be cool to see her go super saiyan in the film. Would be nice to see that done right on the big screen.

^^^I have to say the helmet in the game looks better than it EVER did in the comics. After previously being opposed to it, I wouldnt mind it under certain situations although it doesnt make much logical sense

I wonder if she even will. When she first got her powers, wasnt it really only the strength, flight, invulnerabiltiy and 6th sense? If im not mistaken, didnt the energy powers only come after the Binary upgrade? Is there a possibility they might save that for later and just focus on the former for her first outing?

Now, after seeing Missus Marvel in Infinite, I say just make her look exactly like that in the movie. Casual flowing hair that transforms into a flaming mohawk, and don't forget about the helmet.

I've always liked the helmet but in the game it does look a lot better. That glorious, fiery mane of hair. :hmr:

Is there a possibility they might save that for later and just focus on the former for her first outing?
It's a possibility, but one that would probably disappoint quite a few people. I mean, the movie's called Captain Marvel, so the fans who waited years to finally see her on the big screen will go in expecting to see... Captain Marvel in her full glory, and that includes her energy powers.

I dunno, in the end I guess it would all depend on how they handled it.

And not to be "that guy" but it was actually called the Seventh Sense, for some reason. Still not sure what made it different from your average sixth sense, though. The cinematic visuals? :hehe:

The mask does actually look pretty cool there
The hair? Not so much... but the mask looks good

I would just like to take this moment to say I have always been a big proponent of "the mask COULD look cool if done right." Glad to see other people hopping on board that train! :D

How amazing would it be if she gets to do this in her film?]

I'll pay full price if the film is just that scene. And I'll be straight back in the queue for rewatches

I would just like to take this moment to say I have always been a big proponent of "the mask COULD look cool if done right." Glad to see other people hopping on board that train! :D

yeah i've never been against the mask per se
but I do understand people not wanting it to look too much like Star-lord's MCU helmet as well
it's a fine line they have to tread

I forgot seeing her in the new Marvel vs Capcom teaser.
She doesn't look like Brie Larson to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"