Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 6

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by Thread Manager, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shuri

Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

Smart girl. Of course don't let Thor fan boys hear that :funny:

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  2. Shuri

Wanda won't be around. I think Natasha and Carol could be interesting, given their personalities. Carol according to the article will be headstrong while Natasha is a spy and a bit manipulative.

3. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

Not every DCEU/DC fan is anti-MCU, having said that, such bad fans exist on both sides of fandom. I know how anti-DCEU fans act online, I'm not going to derail this thread by discussing this issue more.

OK.

4. BaronZemo

BaronZemo Registered

It's not a fanboy thing to not want an non-established character to come in and save the day while heroes the audiences have been invested for a decade don't have the chance to finish this. This is the OG Avengers moment. They are backed into a corner and they will have to exceed their limits to win. Carol coming and defeating Thanos is unearned and i don't care what any Cap Marvel fan boy tells me.

5. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Rest your fears guys. Carol is not going to just come into the movie and thrash Thanos. She will be a cog in the wheel of his defeat. No single character is going to beat him without help. It's going to be a team effort.

6. BaronZemo

BaronZemo Registered

You are going round and round in circles and getting triggered every time someone online says anything negative about Brie. Now you have gone as far as saying maybe she shouldn't have been cast because you have some irrational fear the movie might fail because some salty fans want to bring her down. Fans that don't amount to even 0.1% of the overall audience of this movie.

7. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Except that isn't true. I don't mind if people don't like Larson or Captain Marvel, that's their prerogative. Dark Raven has more than once expressed his dislike for the casting, have I ever attacked him for it? Nope. I'm a big boy, I can handle differing opinions.

What bothers me is blind hate. I just don't want what happened to Daisy Ridley and Kelly Marie Tran to happen to Brie, but I'm afraid that's where we're headed. I hope I'm wrong.

8. Aximili86

Aximili86 Registered

Yeah, right on with that, Spider-Fan. Even if Carol does turn out to be up-and-above Thor powers-wise (personally, I'm more than cool with that), people seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill as far as the Avengers are concerned. Even if she can personally do more physical damage to him than anyone else, along with Thor, there's no way she's just showing up as this deus ex machina and saving everyone's asses on her own.

Pretty sure it'll mostly be the original Avengers taking prime position in Thanos' demise anyway, along with Strange. Carol might deliver a bit of a prior proverbial knock-him-to-his-knees blow that's a lot of help, though.

9. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Don’t nearly all your posts to date involve getting triggered when someone has the slightest reservation about something in the MCU? And you do this to many of the well known biggest MCU fans here too which makes it even more ironic (and funny). Honestly mate chill out and enjoy, many of us here absolutely love the MCU and just because we discuss everything from the extremely positive to the slightly negative doesn’t mean we’re not big fans. Cheers ;)

Shuri likes this.
  10. Nathan_Koren

Nathan_Koren I was once Jedi & Sith. I am Revan!!

Wheres the trailer? :(

11. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Exactly. The Russos didn’t get to where they are by being utter dumbasses, which is what it would take to make a film involving bringing so many huge characters together for one of the biggest events in cinematic history and then to make the climax all about just one new character. I am very confident they will nail this ending and with Feige overseeing it there is almost zero chance of it getting mucked up.

StarLord likes this.
  12. BaronZemo

BaronZemo Registered

I have no problem with reservaations. I have problem with a lot of tendencies that come from the fandom like purism, goldfish memory, and irrational hive mentality. And i will speak against them every time i deem worthy. You are free to ignore me, i won't be offended.

13. Mike5575

Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

Triggered incels having reservations about her movie and her role in A4. You cannot stop the Yaas Queen. You can only hope to contain her. Carol vs Thanos? Expect a replay of Thanos vs Hulk. :D

CaptainMarvel19 likes this.
  14. Damkac

Damkac Registered

Russos gave us 3 amazing movies so I'm not worried about A4.

15. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I would find it funny if carol went back in time and there was a montage of her 'one punch manning' her way through every marvel movie villain like deadpool and his time travel trip at the end of deadpool 2

Abudefduf likes this.
  16. pxrple

pxrple Registered

I think she might be used the same way Vision was in Age of Ultron, he was important but i don't think he overshadowed any of the others during the fight against Ultron. I do wonder how much screentime she's going to get overall. If her solo movie does amazing the marketing for A4 is going to hype her up so much the way they did for Black Panther in the Infinity War marketing.

17. Shuri

I know she won't single handedly defeat Thanos, but some of these fanboys feel threatened by her and I find that amusing.

18. Shuri

I just thought of Okoye and Carol. Okoye's reaction to Wanda's powers was funny, I Wonder how she would react to a much more powerful Carol.

19. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Registered

Dunno about that it's the usual arguments about power levels that has been going on for years. Nearly every character has gone through it.

20. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

Some of it, sure, but there's definitely a loud corner of the fandom whose concerns clearly stem entirely from her being a woman.

Shuri and CaptainMarvel19 like this.
  21. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Registered

Well i guess thats a bit tough for them. Can't wait myself.

22. DalekbusterFitz

DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

I think my favourite is the Infinity War poster with all the characters on. They really did a good job there.

23. MbJ

MbJ Registered

This has been amusing because everyone involved has said multiple times she's the most powerful hero we've seen so far, and yet no matter how many times that is said, people insist well maybe they misspoke or didn't mean it.

Shuri and CaptainMarvel19 like this.
  24. legendkillin

legendkillin Registered

I was hoping for today too it was my prediction but damn.

25. CaptainMarvel19

CaptainMarvel19 Registered

yep.

this was not some by-away comment.

this was stated by everyone for 3 years now.

Feige brought up a good point in EW article, saying that Fury wouldn't call her if she wasn't the strongest.

he wouldn't call her for lolz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.