Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be honest, was never too thrilled with the script being written by Perlman. Don't think Guardians completely qualified her for this, or just the previous in-house experience in general. Then again, don't know what I think about them handing it over to another newcomer.

I think it's hard to say what did or did not qualify her to write this since we don't know how much of the Guardians movie was her script. We do know, after arbitration, she received writer credit and not some lesser thing.

As for handing it off, Marvel typically has waves of writers polishing what came before. As long as this isn't a page one rewrite, I'm OK with that. Her team gave it their all, now a new writer will look at it with fresh eyes and see what is and isn't working and spruce things up.

The episode of ASSEMBLED that featured Carol vs. Zarda had a pretty badass fight. They are building up Carol for sure to be a big figure in a post IW and it's sequel MCU I think.

The episode of ASSEMBLED that featured Carol vs. Zarda had a pretty badass fight. They are building up Carol for sure to be a big figure in a post IW and it's sequel MCU I think.

Saw the episode and evil Black Widow punched her out in the episode lol. Its fair to say movie Carol will be different to animation Carol.

Saw the episode and evil Black Widow punched her out in the episode lol.
LOL, that reminds me of a scenario I had in my head for the loooongest time AGES ago, back when we thought Carol might debut in Civil War - basically pre-powers SHIELD/SWORD agent Carol and Black Widow being on opposite sides of the conflict, former colleagues running into each other when Black Widow is infiltrating an enemy compound or something, Carol knowing she's about to get her ass kicked but putting up a valiant effort anyway, lasting about 30 seconds (Natasha probably going easy on her). Thus spawning a recurring inside joke between them in later films after Carol gets her powers, always teasing about a re-match.

The idea of Natasha being dumb enough to punch a full-powered Captain Marvel is straight up laughable to me. Marvel should know better. :oldrazz:

just saw GOTG Vol 2 again and i forgot the line from Yondu that he was a Gladiator Prisoner from the Kree 20 years ago and Slys Starhawk has freed him so , with the setting from Cap Marvel in the 90's courld it be possible we see these to again ?

Its possible, though I don't know how likely. I suspect if we see Yondu again, it'll be because they do a Ravagers/Guardians Classic movie, and have flashbacks.

( I mean, aside from the obvious Infinity War related stuff, vis a vis reality warping, dream sequences, time travel, resurrected friends and foes, etc ).

It would fit so well because Yondu is just a Beloved Fan Favorite Character it would be a waste Opportunity not to used that if you have already The Kree and Skrulls in a Movie Together

Since we're slow on news, Captain Marvel's alt costume in MVC Infinite is pretty cool.

[YT]mJhOq8RXRsU[/YT]

I hope they make her have a more distinct look in the movie when powered up. She looks a bit too Phoenix lite in that game.

It's cool for an alternative costume.

I'm actually hoping she wears the bomber jacket at some point during the movie.

since filming begins January/February, when will they reveal what the budget might be?

There's no set time for that kind of thing. Sometimes that doesn't even get revealed 'til after a movie's release. Sometimes the trades do an article that happens to mention a movie's budget a year in advance. It just depends. If THR or Variety does an in-depth piece on all the upcoming female-led superhero flicks for example, I imagine they'll discuss budgets in it. That's how Wonder Woman's budget was first revealed, as I recall - it was in a piece about female directors or something like that.

Last edited:
Either way I can see this being the equivalent to Wonder Woman in the sense of Captain Marvel being the first female-led superhero film of the MCU and it actually being a smash hit like how the first Wonder Woman film was but then again Wonder Woman 2 and Captain Marvel are coming out in the same year...how ironic

Andy Nicholson hired as the production designer.

Andy Nicholson hired as the production designer.
:up: He's great. The production design in Cap:TFA, The Wolfman, Gravity and Assassin's Creed was one of the best things about those movies.

Nice but to be honest I don't really have any hope that this movie will anything special look-wise. Most MS movies don't, or at least I don't think they do.

Since we're slow on news, Captain Marvel's alt costume in MVC Infinite is pretty cool.

[YT]mJhOq8RXRsU[/YT]
Aaand of course they made a Funko Pop of it, and it's lovely.

jpeg

It's a shame they're not selling it individually, though.

Looks like Steve has invited Carol to be in The Avengers and he's gone to pick her up at the airport too. Great! Then maybe Carol is calling Jess to say she arrived ok. But why does she go to the airport? Can't she fly? Maybe she flew in herself like an aeroplane on to the runway. Nyaaaaaaooo!

My two favorite Marvel heroes: the Caps! :hrt:

The 90's setting has so many interesting storylines......most notably "where has she been this whole time?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"