Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's definitely the best trailer they have put out. Loved that they showed the charming side of Carol.

Also am I the only one getting a slight romantic vibe between her and Fury?

It was about time they showed Carol's sense of humor and wit. Think they waited a little too long to do so.

So close to an actual emotion. I'll take it though, lol.

Also am I the only one getting a slight romantic vibe between her and Fury?
giphy.gif

Loved the spot. And calling it now - that bit with Coulson asking Fury "you think you can find others?" and Fury saying "She's only the beginning" is from their closing scene in the film.

I mean in the books she kind of has a sardonic personality, not really wacky and constantly spitting witticisms, but she's more punch first ask questions later.

giphy.gif

Loved the spot. And calling it now - that bit with Coulson asking Fury "you think you can find others?" and Fury saying "She's only the beginning" is from their closing scene in the film.

Hey a girl needs love too...

Certainly an improvement over the first trailers. Got my ticket for opening night in IMAX though. These two months will fly by

5738777671368704.png

Looks like I gotta get a jump on this ****.

5738777671368704.png

Looks like I gotta get a jump on this ****.

And people were thinking this was going to be Marvel's first flop lol. It's obvious the interest is there, but this already had a lot going for it ever since that post credit scene with IW. That was basically all you needed to show the casuals to get their attention.

A much better response for this trailer on Youtube. That's a good sign.

The last bit of the trailer breaks continuity though doesn't it? Since in Iron Man 1 it was still using that long version Strategic Homeland..etc , and not SHIELD.

I expect more of an underline flirtation or interest than a romance.

much better trailer but the film really doesn't have a unique hook to make is something other than just another comic book film

Their characters are gonna be around the same ago, no?
I wouldn't think so, unless Carol's been in space much longer than they've let on. I've always thought Nick Fury was supposed to be roughly SLJ's actual age given how far back he goes with Alexander Pierce and Howard Stark and all that. Which would make him late-40's in 1995. I thought Carol was only supposed to have gone missing a few years prior to her Earth return, I don't think it's a Get Smart situation where she's much older but still looks Brie's age. I think she's genuinely supposed to be Brie's age + maybe 2 or 3 years or so. So yeah, there would still be close to 2 decades age difference.

I got the first 2 tickets at my theater, LOL. I checked back and I still had a fair amount of seats left, but that doesn't mean much to me right now. Movie is 2 months away. I am just glad I got my pick of the litter for seats.

The last bit of the trailer breaks continuity though doesn't it? Since in Iron Man 1 it was still using that long version Strategic Homeland..etc , and not SHIELD.
They called it SHIELD in the Agent Carter one-shot, though I'm not sure that counts. Still, I think Coulson just liked to say the whole name since they had no public name recognition at that time. The "we're working on it" about finding a better name could've been him just being cheeky.

Best trailer! See, Brie can do it! Opening night tickets purchased!

Also, nice to have our first official 90's track from the movie!

There better be Whigfield in that track listing. :argh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back